- by Kalah
It has been a long time coming, but we are finally trying to set up our own Youtube channel for Celestial Heavens. This can be used for news, chats, live streaming, walkthroughs, map strategies and more.
To get this thing off the ground, we need somebody willing to create contents for it. So if you have the ability and time to create videos (long or short) for us, why not give us a shout? You can get in touch with us by commenting on this story.
- by Pol
Second Dev Diary is here. You can see more from the team, creation process and shaping the game. Also some short memory line, to put it into context.
Still in very early phase of Dev Diary. ;)
- by Pol
M&M Guild is hiring new players, who would like to set up on the new adventure with Creature Quest mobile game by JVC.
Requirements are level 5+, defense in Guild Wars, ship sharing, attacking and logging in. More is merrier, come and ask your questions if you are new. The ad is valid for veterans too!!
How to: Write me PM
Unicorn Duchy at EU-16 is seeking for a new players for Era of Chaos mobile game by Ubisoft. Nothing common with classical Heroes game but if you are curious you are welcome!
- by Pol
Aeolwyn's Legacy - Update#4
There's a new teaser from Brrapp Games (Tim Lang's studio) about Aeolwyn's Legacy. Not a new demo (demo sits here) just a teaser. For indie game, quite nice. :)
Heros 3 Assistent for HotA
It's small and very nifty utility to calculate spell damage, fights, artifacts and guardians (in/out of caches) on the map. And some other thingies. So, in the end, this a treasure mostly for mapmapkers.
Visit their homepage to watch their instructional videos and download.
App made by "The Xenofex". You can also subscribe to his YT channel. There are some more Heroes 3 interesting videos.
HotA Team send out a teaser about new Factory unit Dreadgnought.
Dreadnought can be considered the magnum opus of the Factory's engineers and artificers. It is a key unit of its armed forces, the cornerstone of its arsenal, and also an indispensable assistant in construction and heavy lifting.
More information about it here, at HC. Still not a word about Factory faction release date.
Current version of the game is 62.20.1507 after update 1.16
- Max limit for shards in guild storage during Guild Wars set to 7mil
- Max level upped to 700
- Various bug fixes (# Fixed an issue when you were not receiving your reward after completing Grand Wish Quest. # Fixed an issue where claiming reward would consume stamina. # No more any creature can display like 5D.)
Doest it helped to fix Guild Wars? No, not enough. But it's a small improvement in the rightdirection. It stopped that hellish growing only in the end.
Just to remember, previous update 1.15 from Oct 2019 introduced galleons sharing limitation: "In order to maintain fair play, there will now be a level 40 requirement for sharing Galleons in a Guild." Full log is is here.
Might & Magic Heroes: Era of Chaos
Ubisoft finally released new content, where you can play for Yog and Dracon. And got them both. Dunno with eacts levels now, so Yog starts with 74 and Dracon with 84, probably till 92.
The game got small enhancements, which are:
- Nerfed Solmyr
- New artifact "Live Hawkeye" granting you some limited magic dmg resistance
- New spell slot for heroes, where you can add one speel of your choice
- New spell Prayer and Spell Bookshelf, for getting spell tokens for your own spells
- Guild messengers giving your Skillstones and day bonus or teleport to already revealed place. Only for the time of St. Patrick holiday.
- Minor other fixes, allegedly also text fixes
Wasn't able to notice them anywhere, the overall text quality is still tragic.
CANCELLED E3 2020 - Los Angeles
As expected, due to an ongoing pandemic of SARS-CORONAVIRUS-2, this event was cancelled. As a replacement there could be call for an online meeting, which will be streamed. Most likely several of them.
What is clear is, that this year, you are worry free about travelling to Los Angeles.
- by Pol
I decided to start with a summary of a maps submitted to our site:
-- Maps Overview from Page 1 (2017 up) --
Maps Sent For Testing:
H4_WoW: Archmages (Sent for testing by Kuron) ⇩
H4_WoW: Stone Soup RPG (Sent for testing by Aranei) ⇩
H3: It's time for rebellion! (Sent for testing by Sensai.) ⇩
H5_ToTE: Demonic Defense (Send for testing by mctronic) ⇩
H5_ToTE: The Initiation (by mctronic) ⇩
H4: Maximus (by NATSSIRK) ⇩
H7TbF: The Hunger Games Map (by Antalyan) ⇩
H5.5: The Keymaster (by Silentine) ⇩
H3: Kill 'em All (Allies) (by Adam Simms) ⇩
H3: Hold the Line (by Sachertorte) ⇩
I have some renewed hope that we will get new map database in this year, some things moved, some things not. There will be another page with updates 2015-17. These will be added (still temporarily) on the same page.
Just as a reminder our old "Map Page" is still available but you cannot log in and rate them, as these features were tied together and log in to the old site is permanently disabled.
Happy gaming! Because even inspite of all these new mobile games, the original H2+ line is still more fun. Especially HotA spurred lots of attention, finally. :D
- by Pol
If you are like me, then last chapter for you was "Chapter 18: Deal with the Devil". And you are saying, what else now?
Because, that was end of the story. Temporarily. World froze.
Of course, you can hide in the Online Lobby to arrange match with other players, using several modes. — For these reading about EoC first time. This match is just a duel - one battle or many. Solely army vs army. Not any MP fight over map or even campaign. — Cannot complain, if you like that, there are many choices.
But this is for what we were waiting, today announcement by CM-Evelyn:
(excerpt, rather jump to the end for promise)
Might & Magic Heroes: Era of Chaos will be undergoing maintenance on February 18 at UTC 6:00 - 8:00.
1. New heroes coming:
Tower - Draco
Inferno - Zydar
With more heroes coming to help, choose a leader, and take your army to conquer the world!
2. Added awakening missions for the following units:
Firebird, Pikeman, Skeleton, Black Knight,the strength of the units will be greatly improved after awakening!
3. Updated Heroes’ Lore: The Duke of Gold – A Biography of Crag Hack.
4. New magic in Magic Guild: Chaos.
5. Conflux Plane now opens to level 20.
6. Account level caps open to level 90.
1. Added localization support for Italian.
2. Added Conflux Plane in the guidebook.
3. In the chat channel, click the translate button next to the text to translate messages into the currently set game language.
"Meanwhile, we are also speeding up on updating new versions of game. New gameplay and chapters will be added gradually in recent updates. Thanks again for your understanding!"
And there are some screenies how it will work:
In other words, it will work very slowly. Base number of tokens for 6 stars units is 400, then you can activate potential, probably for the same number. And seeing two spots, for hiring means that you can got 8 pieces daily, or 16 if you will pay additional 100D.
If the final number of soul tokens will be 900, then in normal speed - 8 tokens per day - it will take exactly 225 days.
- by Pol
Information about new Kings Bounty II. are finally, albeit slowly, pouring to the public. Period of silence after GamesCom in Cologne seems to be over.
At this moment there are planned three main heroes classes, for which you will be able to play. Traditionally they will be Knight, Paladin and Mage, thought the names are not final.
Knight hero will be Aivar, and there's already short introduction at the Steam page.
Developer 1C-SoftClub is very ambitious about KB II. It's one of the biggest projects And they assembled a completely new team of 65 people, when not counting in also all of the outsourced staff. To bring you RPG with realistic graphic, with many quests and challenging combat. It shall be big.
They will focus on:
- RPG part (with different lines, led by your decisions and character, many side quests)
- Combat (limited units stacking, affinity, forcing you to combine different units which can work together, elevated terrain to give you an advantage)
- Cut scenes - they have a special team for it. Show more, talk less is their motto. The game should be almost in cinematics quality.
- And overall realistic graphic in UE4.
Watch Devs Diary I. - Introduction
And special reportage by Anton Logvinov,
where you fortunatelly can enable english subtitles, as reportage is in russian.
- by Pol
The game was released and it's available for download. Supported platforms are Android, iOS and PC(via UPlay). If you are curious for autobattler let go for it.
Need to say, that we here, are not. There were much better attempts from Ubisoft in the past, MM:Showdown comes to mind, which was at least arty.
Autobattler means that you get your units ready, put them in formation and rest is handled by AI. It's perfectly fair, from some viewpoint.
But it doesn't sound like a fun. It's more just like playing Dice, pretending that these are Chess with microtransactions.
- by Pol
Ubisoft announced new loose spin-off game Might and Magic: Chess Royale.
This will be quick autobattler, with each round taking 10mins and 100 players. And just one winner.
The key will be lying in units combo.
Release date is scheduled at January 30 2020.
And it will be available for Android and iOS (aka mobile only). Pre-registration is already opened. Meanwhile they are testing it thoroughly in Early Access program.
(From Early Access)
Official game pages:
MM: Chess Royale
- by Pol
Horn of the Abyss 1.6.0, short new features overview:
- Resistance skill is back as voluntary skill. Naturally disabled in all HotA maps but available to choose again.
- New skill "Interference" is introduced. And it does lower enemy power by 10,20,30%. In a similar fashion there were introduced three new artifacts: Plate of Dying Light 25%, Charm of Eclipse 10%, Seal of Sunset 10%
- Beautiful Wasteland terrain and decorations inspired by Heroes II (but no Factory town, that's yet to come)
- New Quest conditions and triggers for AI-controlled player
- Specify Banks guards and rewards
- New Unit: Steel Golem
That isn't all. For all futures description please go to HC. List to the middle of the page.
For consulting a full changelog.
And to discuss in our forums.
Page 8 of 198