- by Pol
Week of.. , well. They opened site and discord. If you have any questions, you can just join them now and ask, see links at the end.
The game is originally scheduled to appear at Kickstart by November 2022, you can subscribe to watch it.
- The game is described as 1-3 players, 45-130 mins, recommended age 14+. So far they are not considering to release also version without miniatures (minis).
- Core Box Factions: Castle, Dungeon and Necropolis
- Gameplay is limited to one hero per player. You can also develop one town only (mechanical limitation), but you'll be able to conquer other players' towns. Furthermore, you can find settlements on the adventure map (as you may remember from "Heroes 3," they're some "minor towns") that will bring chosen benefit. :-)
- There will be 2 heroes per each faction (1 for Might and 1 for Magic class).
- Movement on the adventure map? Heroes will have movement points - they will have to spend 1 point to move 1 field on the tile, or to discover a new adjacent tile.
- The "Fog of war" system is already developed. Some tiles would be faceup from the beginning of the game; during the game, heroes will discover more tiles and "build" the map through their movement.
- To reduce downtime in the 3-player gameplay: At the same time - the first player is performing PVE, the second is controlling the neutral creatures in this PVE, and the third is building structures in their town and recruiting units. :-)
- One mini per each faction creature and two heroes' minis per faction. Neutral creatures could be depicted in another way.
- Oh, "Astrologers proclaim," events will be resolved at the beginning of every second round.
This text was gathered from BoardGG forum, replies by Jakub Olekszyk Archon’s Lead Game Designer.
You can take a deeper look in at their "Designer's note on HOMM3 Board Game gameplay" newsletter entry #1.
- by Pol
Heroes IV Axeoth Restoration Team Proudly Presents: Masters of The Elements
The conversion works are moving nicely forward, you can watch it continuously in this thread.
So far Warlords of the Wasteland, Conquest of the Underworld, Masters of the Elements have been converted from Heroes III campaigns to Heroes IV. And you are all welcomed to play them. For details, like bugs reporting please resort to this README.
Thanks iLiVeInAbOx05, ByteBandit and other team members for your effort!
- by Pol
Senior Brand Manager [Might & Magic]
There's link. Position is located in Shanghai. In the text M&M franchise is described as AAA. And it might be a PC game as well. Nowhere is written that it would be Heroes game though. And that it will get assigned AAA budget.
Ubisoft Shanghai is looking for a Senior Brand Manager to champion the brand marketing and product marketability of a new Might & Magic AAA game. Under the management of the Brand director, join an ambitious team and help reinvent one the biggest Fantasy franchise in video game history.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Define the product positioning strategy: target audiences, market mapping and audience sizing, consumer promise and key pillars.
- Ensure the product marketability from conception phase to release and live phase. Actively monitor market and entertainment trends, competition activity and provide relevant reports & analysis (competitor, risk etc.). Initiate relevant consumer research to confirm and adjust product marketability over time.
- Establish the product communication strategy (key phases, events, messages, main brand assets) and define & manage the associated brand marketing budget.
- Work with internal or external artist(s) and agencies to create the main brand assets – CGI movies, trailers, key artworks, etc. Create and share products style guides to ensure consistency in all deliveries (graphic & more)
- Instruct internal and external stakeholders on the game and the product strategy and relay back their insights and feedback to the product team.
- Represent the project and team and be key public speaker for the game towards external audiences- business partners, media, influencers, star players and communities.
- Help maximize the business potential of the product working closely with dev ops and business teams to design appealing & effective content updates, monetization offers, partnerships and merchandizing plans.
PS If they will again create M&M team, will they answer all these questions sent over time?
Thanks Marzhin and Angelspit!
- by Pol
Celestialheavens wish you Happy Christmas
..to all Roundtablers and our faithful readers and contributors, being from the past, present or the future ones.
Merry Christmas, steady health and ability to sustain your good mood in any times, twice in these enchanted period.
And, ..a lots of presents! Shall not forget this. :)
As a small Christmas gift, we prepared a mod overviews, to play the old games in new coat.
There are rulling three mods, sewed into one. You might heard about Hades mod or Heroes 7.5, with UCP and The Shadows Over Ashan. You want Inferno, you want Xel? You can taste them here as you wish. Heroes 7.5 version 1.17 and UCP 1.13 has been all released recently.
Where would be Heroes V without Quantomas and Legends of the Ancients? Rhetorical question, because we have both in one pack and you can got the most recent version here, from Quantomas' pages.
There's another mod, where exists Quantomas AI, in early state and these are Heroes 5.5. Also released as RC15 Beta 2 during Christmas time.
Both versions are very different. And in both cases just remember, that "Combat AI" is not affected and perhaps will be tinkered in new releases done by Quantomas. He's having plans for, that's sure.
There are two supermods. You might not heard about the Equilibris 3.6 for a while but it's here! It's beta and it's having HD included. Tap there to read the changelog and test it. ;)
Another one is Heroes IV Ultimate by Nimostar. Both are fresh and ready to be played.
Heroes IV Map Generator/Utility which is advanced editor. For a future, iLiVeInAbOx05 is also working on converting H3 maps to H4. This is related also to H4 Unity Project - Restoration of Axeoth, which will bring you four campaigns based on Terry Ray scripting. The first two are ready!
There is also place to mention Verokster's OpenGL Wrappers for Heroes II - IV ,which were released during this year. And are alredy being utilizet by some mods, like Heroes IV Ultimate mod.
Simple this year. You go with HotA (balance and multiplayer focused, inlcuding online lobby), ERA (Which is effectively surpassing WoG, you can use your ERM knowledge here), Succesion Wars Mod or the very last Heroes Chronicles - Fully Compability HD mod.
ERA is something like incubator for other mods, so you can accompany it with Advanced Classes mod for ERA 3 and really many others, mostly towns and skills mods. Current version is ERA 3.9 from Sept 2021. See the releases folder.
Where it's currently domain of fheroes2 development team, working ceaselessly and rapidly. And you can find them and express them support also on patreon. This new engine which needs the original game work with is splendid and if you ever loved Heroes II it will start to burn again.
Latest Christmas version is 0.9.11
Russian language added. Spell description for heroes, pre-calculated to see the actual damage. And map information popup window while right clicking on a map in the list of maps. This window shows the location of the file and map type: either "The Succession Wars" or "The Price of Loyalty" so players can easily find these files on their machines.
Besides this the team fixed AI behavior during castle defense, updated logic with roads, fixed many places for rendering and even added support of national symbols as a part of path on Windows. Overall the team managed in a such short period to fix more than 20 bugs.
Might & Magic
Famous MM678Merge which everyone goes for, started by Rodril, or almost unknown MM 6/7/8 Total Remake, which is still being developed but you need to compile it first. This second uses different engine.
And not even less famous Chaos Conspiracy Redone Enhanced for MM6. Which was first created by a great Big Daddy Jim, then enhanced by Maestro, later by GrayFace and its maintained and worked upon by David Hernandez.
Immersion Mod, which is music mod only, for again MM 6-8.
Might & Magic: Myth
which is not a mod but rather RTS implementation. Download here.
Also check our Best Deals if you want a help with picking a good games for a good price!
See the comments in the forum.
Last edited at 23.1.2022, to complete the overwhelming Christmas releases.
Last updated: 2.1.2021
- by Pol
One hour of seamless majestic fantasy music. Please enjoy this new gameplay footage from the Alpha version of the game. We've mixed it up with both previously unreleased tracks and a few songs that has already been made available online.
- by Pol
- Added new creature 'Infernal Lich' replacing 'Venom Spawn'
- Created Spazz Maticus First Mission, where you lead him from a spoiled kid to a king or alike..
- Fixed resolutions ratios
Ah, news from Nemostar are always sweet.. ;)
Of course a lot of bugfixes.
Thank You Nemo!
- by Pol
Main improvements and changes - What will be the differences? - Events Editor - Diplomacy - Beta in early 2022
There's new Dev Blog at MuHa Games and this time it's going to be more interesting, as you finally see something from the mechanic and planned things. You can read full Dev Blog here.
..customising your playthrough is a feature we hope to greatly improve from the original. So apart from the usual difficulty settings, we’d like to include as many on/off options as we can, especially when it comes to things that stray from the original, but not exclusively so.
As an example, in addition to the option of turning the game’s events on/off, we already have a second pack of events that will also be optional. Another plan is to have customisable AI difficulty. While these are only a few examples, our intention is to build up this list, especially once the game is playable and thus open to more precise feedback.
Another feature that already received a makeover, are the events. There will be two event packs at launch, one, the original 18 events, and another, with brand new ones. You will of course be able to switch both/either on and off. While the original events are copied from the old game directly, they have been updated and given alternate routes. So, when you encounter an earthquake for example, in the original, it was simply a notification, in the new version, you may have an option to mitigate the effects. The new event pack will follow the same rule, events that occur will have multiple ways of resolution, instead of them being simple notice.
The plan is for Master of Magic to remain as a single player game. .. This may change in the future of course..
As for the other moddable features, driven by xml-based databases, players may modify a large number of the game’s functionality via easy to use text editors. Some examples of things you will be able to mod:
- Units and heroes by adding/removal of skills and attributes, or by creation of new units. Give them the ability to add XP (not all units do), the ability to regenerate or change their upkeep costs.
- Spells, skills and enchantments – our system allows the modification of a large number of basic parameters, while some scripts driving their exact functionality and the way AI interprets their value are in a separate file, written in c# and also open for modification.
Apart from the database, players with more technical skills may look into exposed c# scripts that the game uses to make decisions in many areas. For example, “BattleAIScripts“ allow modders to change the way the AI makes decisions during battle, how it handles spell casting, unit movement and decides when to shoot, when to attack and when to run.
Other script files handle spell, skill or enchantment functionalities, including those that estimate their value for the AI and the scripts that are used when an effect is applied or removed in the game
Will diplomacy be improved?
Yes. Diplomacy in the original game was complex, but it was mostly suffering from a very large number of issues and bugs. We aim to recreate the system, but of course also fix it.
Art by Iwo Widuliński
- by Pol
How I will know exact date when the game will be ready on kickstarter?
Subscribe at https://homm3boardgame.com and from here also on kickstarter. You will receive notification e-mail when it will all begin. And that shall be at November 2022.
Who is staying behind the game?
Archon Studio, thoroughtful maker of tabletop games and miniatures with love and help of kickstarter platform. You can see their previous activities here.
Is that official?
Yes, the project got official blessing from Ubisoft.
Is that first?
Also yes, to my knowledge this will be the first Heroes III board game, with Ubisoft blessing.
Also we have been lucky and sent Kamil a few questions:
CH: "The core game will feature three Towns to choose from: Inferno, Castle, and a yet to be announced faction. Each Town will feature two heroes to play as, along with creatures representing each Town."
Will backers have some chance to influence it? Iana did all towns but her Minotaur is really famous.
AS: Yep, of course, more towns could be unlocked during the KS campaign, and backers totally will have an impact on it.
CH: "The game will come with over 30 detailed miniatures, including famous heroes like, ‘Catherine Ironfist’ and ‘Xeron’, as well as iconic creatures like Archangels, infamous Devils, and all-time classic Dragons."
Models will be colorized or not? At what size?
AS: We'll offer pre-assembled miniatures, but unpainted. 25mm bases, 32mm - high.
CH: The Gameplay. That's a a big question, how it will be done. Can you say more about it?
AS: The game will have an exploration aspect - the main map will be created from the hexagonal tiles. The battles would take place on different boards, and players will be using units miniatures (some kind of a "quick chess" system). Also, economic aspects will be present - mines controlling, the town's developing (special town boards)....
CH: How many people are working on the project?
AS: In the early stage, about a dozen. Deliver game best strategy in the HOMM3 universe as possible. And create a game for fans - we encourage to participate in our survey.
CH: If you can say, who stays behind game mechanic and art?
The main game's designers are Jakub Olekszyk (Wolfenstein, MOTU: Fields of Eternia) and Kamil Białkowski (MOTU: Fields of Eternia - solo rules).
CH: Any special event/activities/effects? Like Week of Imps? Holy Grail? Teleport?
AS: Sure! We're trying to find the best solution for implementing special effects.
CH: For an inspiration, do you know Karak? (That's tabletop game of year, here in Czech Republic. Dungeon. )
AS: Yep, we know "Karak" but it's mostly a dungeon crawler, so that's a different genre.
Thank you Kamil for coming and arranging the answers from your Archon Studio teammates. Much appreciated! You have our eternal thanks on the behalf of whole CH Team.
- by Pol
Might & Magic X - Legacy is back! And Ubisoft claims that all has been fixed and as a bonus, for owners of a base game, all DLCs are free.
Back as back, come and check on Steam.
-- And in fact, you can now gladly ignore the review bombing, as it isn't relevant anymore. --
"Our teams have spent the last few months investigating and testing the different solutions to make sure players' experience lives up to our standards in terms of quality of service," the Ubisoft Support account tweeted. "Today, we're happy to announce that all conditions are met to bring the game back to the Ubisoft Store and Steam, and that new and returning players can now venture into the wide and mysterious world of Ashan again."
As an apology for the hassle, Ubisoft is also making The Falcon and the Unicorn DLC free for all owners of the base game.
Let us know, if it meets your requirements too!
- by Pol
Behold the cult classic soundtrack of Heroes of Might and Magic III, brought to vinyl for the very first time at long last, and in an awesome edition it truly deserves! We teamed up with Paul Anthony Romero and Rob King, the original creators of this masterpiece, to bring it back to life in a way which does justice to the legacy of both the game and music itself.
Magdalena Katańska about creating Cover Arts:
You can read more details about this nuff stuff at gamemusic.net and if you happen to get in love with this piece of music, you can order it right away.
Behind the Scenes - P.A.R. and Matthias Adloff talks:
The important stuff summary is here:
- 2 x LP 180 gram in antistatic sleeves. Available in four classic colors:
- Necropolis Black, Inferno Red, Rampart Green, Castle Blue
- First pressing, edition limited to 1000 copies total.
- Remastered for vinyl by Matthias Adloff and Rob King.
- Exclusive cover design by Magdalena Katańska, see her ArtStation profile
- Estimated shipping date – Spring 2022.
- Payment options: Card (Visa, Mastercard).
Vinyl Track List:
THE PRIDE OF ERATHIA
SEARCHING THE HIGHLANDS
CROSSING AT THE STRONGHOLD
A COLD CRUSADE
BEAUTY IN THE DARKEST OF THINGS
PASSAGE TO THE INFERNO
THE SEARCH FOR GREATER LANDS
THE OCEANS OF ERATHIA
WANDERING THROUGH THE DESERT
ESCAPE FROM NIGHON
THE DRUID & THE RANGER
THE HERETIC’S PLAN
THE KINGDOM OF TATALIA
THE WIZARD & THE ALCHEMIST
THE REIGN OF THE ORCS
THE ALTAR OF MAGIC
WELCOME TO STEADWICK
CAPTURING THE LANDS
FIGHTING FOR THE KING
FOR BLOOD & HONOR
THE BATTLE OF ANTAGARICH
A CONTEMPLATION OF STRATEGY
A QUICK STROLL THROUGH THE KINGDOM
SNEAKING THROUGH ERATHIA
A HERO’S VICTORY
A SONG FOR CATHERINE
NO REST FOR THE LICH KING
SECRET OF THE GRAIL ARTIFACT
QUEST TO FREE KING ROLAND
A PASSAGE TO BRACADA
THE DEMONIAC’S ODYSSEY
KING ROLAND’S RETURN
PLANNING GRYPHONHEART’S DEMISE
THE NECROMANCERS OF DEYJA
THE PILGRIMAGE TO KREWOLD
NO REST FOR CRUSADERS
PS Do you still have gramophone? The only backside here is, that they are listed like "Out of Stock". I will try to ask them, if there are some better news.
And there are :)
We cannot promise anything yet but please follow us, it is probable that we will work on the second pressing in a couple of months.
Page 8 of 11