- by Kalah
Recently, a Twitter account dedicated to "Might & Magic: Dynasty" appeared. There's not much info there yet, but it mentions such things as "strategic turn-based battles" and three factions from the world of Ashan: Haven, Dungeon and Stronghold. You can keep up with the Twitter account @DynastyMight here.
|Comments (13)||Add comment|
- by MadMax
Hey all! It's HeroOfPunk here!
I just wanted to let you all know that I, on a mission from Celestial Heavens, interviewed Tim Lang, lead designer of Might and Magic IX. Now a days, he runs DungeonByte, which is currently working on a game called Aeolwyn's Legacy, which is really interesting for anyone who enjoys Might and Magic!
We ended up talking for over 2 hours, which lead me to split the video up in 2, so for now, you will have to settle for the first part, the second part will come out soon! I tried taking as many questions possible from you guys, the community, because you all deserve to get your voice heard.
So, this marks the first video for our Celestial Heavens YouTube, don't forget to SUBSCRIBE!
What did you think of this first video? Who would you want us to interview and what are you hoping for in part 2?
|Comments (5)||Add comment|
- by MadMax
We have news everyone!
Greg Fulton's Fanstratics, which he describes as a spiritual successor to the well-renowned Heroes of Might and Magic III just sent out the first newsletter (you can subscribe by clicking here) featuring all new concept art and some interesting news!
We currently have confirmation of the following:
- Tile based, square grid adventure map
- Townscape will be full-screen and feature interactive structures
- Hex-grid full screen battle system.
- Game is built 3D, but will be presented as 2D
- Game is built for PC, "no mobile F2P shenanigans"
- Creatures, factions etc will be familiar, but not ripped off
- There will be a Map Editor
- Paul Anthony Romero and Rob King MAY be doing music/soundtrack
- David Mullich is also a potential candidate for future partnership
Fulton states in his newsletter:
"Nevertheless, moving forward, my goal is to publish every month. At the very least, I expect to showcase 1 new Troop concept sketch, but I assume there will be new and updated information (design details, production progress, occasional screenshots, community Q&A, etc.)."
Greg Fulton makes sure that he understands that the word "Spiritual Successor" has been tossed around quite a lot, especially with a game like Heroes of Might and Magic 3, but makes sure that he isn't using it for marketing, but as a "game directive".
"For the past 20 years, the HoMM community has been clamoring for a true sequel to HoMM3. With Fanstratics, my goal is to give them what they want... and more. Anyone with any knowledge concerning video game development, knows the opportunities for failure are far greater than the chances for success... but I am hopeful."
Many people have discussed and expressed their dislike of the name Fanstratics, but it will stay, as per Fulton's newsletter.
"All I ask is, please keep an open mind, and give it a chance. You never know, it might grow on you. If not, don’t let it prevent you from potentially enjoying the final game. Besides, it’s only a matter of time before a nickname is coined. I’m already calling it ‘Strats’."
Fulton also seem to push that he wants to keep the communication with the community strong, which is something, at least I, do appreciate A LOT!
Anything I can do to help?
As of this writing, the Newsletter has over 700 subscribers. Not bad for an ‘accidental announcement’, but for a successful crowd funding effort, I estimate we will need at least 50,000 subscribers. Why? My research shows, around 20% of Newsletter subscribers (10,000) will convert into paying backers. With some mainstream publicity, I expect an additional 5,000 ‘non-newsletter’ backers. This turns into 15,000 supporters, which puts us within reach of my low end budget approximations."
You can read the full Newsletter HERE
What are your thoughts on this?
I sure hope that the hammersmith will be mightier than the HoMM III Dwarves, which sure looks like it's the case!
Anyone else feeling the hype?!
|Comments (16)||Add comment|
- by MadMax
What do you think will be our first video? What sort of videos would you like to see on our Celestial Heavens YouTube?
Intro by: HeroofPunk (Who would love to get some feedback and thoughts about what you think of this video)
|Comments (3)||Add comment|
- by Pol
Nothing, really nothing could you prepare for this sudden event. The Creature Quest strike violently with +1000 diamonds combo. Let see what they says 'bout it:
That's call to arms! Come and join, there's nice community of players. Look for M&M Guild, to be with us.
But it's probably not so random. The Back to School motto was around already twice, wringling in the air, with School or Hard Knocks and Kingdoms introduction.
A few tips:
- A fool and his diamonds are soon parted.
- Go for Mantis, Swan, Ant, Rat, Bat, Sabre, Kobold, Hippogryf, Hyena, Kitsune and Nymphs, Dark Elf, Pegasus, Ettin, Walrus, Baboon, Asura, Colossus, Behemoth, Sun-Wu-Kung and Anubis whenever you will have a chance!
- Save gems to update your creatures fully, before evolving to next levels.
- Bonuses in Guild Wars counts only for defense. For max offense have fully leveled, awakened and totemized. Units can deal a critical dmg too, that's displayed with a green number.
- Wait for night to get a higher chance for Killing Blow!
- Learn where and on what difficulty you can get your resources
- Upgrade castle and shrines to get BT51 early, ofc, your Legs too. Remember that only Green, Yellow, White and Black can be useful here!
- White, Black, Red and Blue are easiest to gather resources for. In this particular order.
- Support your guild with garissoning your army for defense, and at least twice attack and share ship (min level 40) . Sharing is caring and there's a reward for it too.
- Get bonuses from the shop, upgrading speed points - permanent (3x times for 200/300/500D) - and getting more exp and gold before you gonna rush.
- Never invest into creatues below 2 dots. Aim for 4 dots or 3 dots. Below are good for awakening only.
- Ask you guildmates or players in the game or Discord or in our Forums, if you would like to know more! :D
|Comments (1)||Add comment|
- by Pol
Mistrzostwa Polski - (Jaskinia Behemotha + HotA)
Heroes III. Tournament: Mistrzostwa Polski - took place yesterday, the top of the day was final match of Szopa666 vs Venefiz, you can watch it here:
(scroll almost to the end, it's very long):
Tournament was arranged in H3: Horn of the Abyss. Video have english commentary. But let say, that for english the championship would need much more support and advertising.
Heroes 3 Comic Adventures annouced it too :D
(Click to see their comics)
is slowly moving to Heroes I and II repertoire. Today they released "Heroes I Battle", you can listen to its beautiful arrangement below. With love, from our homes :)
Continuing in AB Walkthroughs
Questions for Time Lang bout upcoming game Aeolwyn's Legacy
Max started collecting questions for Tim Lang and his new Aeolwyn's Legacy, come and join with yours there.
Heroes 2 Ironfist
team left here today some teasing images, these appears exactly like ...Cyber Town. Good to hear from them, it was about a time!
Free Heroes v 0.8
Project Free Heroes was resurrected, and it's now released in version 0.8, take a look on the post from sir Dranik. Don't mistake it with Free Heroes 2 Enhanced, that's different project and it's still available here. When being reworked to java.
continues in borrowing his heroes. Ezio from Assasin's Creed was again lincensed to mobile game, this time to AFK Arena. As this become more and more common practice, god bless Sandro and Crag Hack to be just sitting in their own games, even in mobile realm.
Thankfully Heroes Dynasty, which is fourth mobile installement after Era of Chaos, Chess Royale and Elemental Guardians is probably never going to be spread outside of China.
In all these games is typical, that they revolve about Heroes of Might and Magic but pick from there only exclusive patterns. When being quite serious about microstransactions support. The Dynasty so much, that it seems to be not plausible even within China. On the other end, the rest is still adapting to world wide
market, wallets, customers.
Did you know?
|Comments (5)||Add comment|