A new HoMM engine has recently emerged, this time written for browsers and with features rivaling VCMI and fheroes2
- Fully parallel multiplayer (one player's turn or combat don't lock out everyone)
- Flexible combat (any number of heroes, dimensions and stacks per hero)
- Maps with the unlimited number of levels
- Tri-state fog of war (added "terrain explored" state)
- Focus on modding and extensibility
- Potential support of HoMM 2 as well as other classic TBS
- Replays, spectator mode and many more
Project's web site is herowo.game (try playing the Tutorial).
Current version is very bogus and works slowly but the project is actively looking for beta-testers and skilled contributors!
GitHub | Forum | Discord
- Custom combat with larger field, 4 heroes and 10 creature stacks per hero
- Map with three levels
- Adaptive UI for desktop/tablet/phone screens (teaser!)
- Multiplayer with a spectator