- by Pol
This is that sort of patch, which is larger. So much, that it changes the game in several aspects and create a new flow, or balance, if you wish. With which effects, till this date, is still being discussed.
The patch 1.4, released five days ago, brought fixes, new "Kingdom Mode" and "Dungeon Challenge". See the full change log and videos on CQ news page. Let see a features excerpt:
- Dot fusion is now possible, to upgrade your existing awakened creature to 4d you need 4d dupe and a heap of diamonds. It begins on 125 and continues to 350 and probably over. - Good option, although costy. In many cases just farming a new creature could be more viable. But for the rest, this is a life saver!
- If you were bored there are now three new Quests and it was added Emperor Difficulty.
- More resources were introduced and you get them like regular rewards now. But you can mine them or study scrolls in your Kingdom to receive a steady flow. Nice tips from Avonu are to be read here. There are also bonus buildings for you creatures available.
- Instead of one dungeon, preferrabely with 5 waves, you have now five with 3 waves in Gold Tier and just three in Silver. By filling all of them you are getting bonuses, with last two being Boss wave stun and silence immunity.
- From what I see in my stats, both defense and offense, players are trying to get comfortable in the new setup but quite many are not yet here. Everybody is farming.
|Comments (4)||Add comment|
- by Kalah
There's news from our Hungarian friends; Master Vologya just told us about a concert that's coming up in Wroclaw, Poland in October. Paul Romero will play along with an orchestra, giving fans of good music from the HoMM series live in show. So if you're in the area, why not check it out?
|Comments (9)||Add comment|
- by Pol
Creature Quest - Question & Answers - Round 1
We were curious about Creature Quest game and together with your questions sent them to Creature Quest Team and now we are proud to present them to you. From the seat on the other place is answering Jon Van Caneghem. Thank you Jon!
1. How many creatures were in the game, at the time of worldwide release? How many are available now? Did you set any hard limit, which no matter what will happen in the future, is your acceptable top?
"We had over 500 at launch, and we’ve been trying to add 1-3 new Creatures each update."
2. In which countries do you see that Creature Quest is being the most popular? Can you share some top five, where is the strongest player base?
"The strongest playerbase is currently in the U.S., but we have amazing players from countries across the world. Our strongest regions are the U.S., Germany, and Russia at the moment."
|Comments (8)||Add comment|
- by Darmani & Pol
When we were on holidays, Ironfist Team wasn't and they released a new version of their 'Cyber Mod'. Let see what they brought on the table this time:
- New map: "Behemoth Path" - see how one Cyber Behemoth, commanded by a lone knight with some strategic maneuvering, can take on overwhelming armies, and reclaim your family heirloom from the dragon hoard.
- Opera vocals are back - we are pleased to announce that Ironfist now has full support for CD music, and will work out of the box with CD music when installed on top of the GOG.com version.
Improved Map Editor - New Undo, supporting many steps back, not just one like in the original.
We’ve also implemented a major overhaul of the scripting system. Adding your own abilities and quests is easier than ever thanks to new features such as callbacks, modules, and deep binding. Details of the overhaul are given here, and examples are given in the introduction to scripting
And More - Better stability, shorter loading times & scripts support in the map editor. See the full list in the release notes.
"Although individually weak, Kobolds make an attractive addition to any army because of their loyalty and sheer speed of breeding. The Cyber Kobolds have been enhanced, with half of their cranium changed to metal and armor fused to their chest. Their strength has been enhanced, and tests show that, with a thrust of their spear, they can easily pierce a plate of steel. Within the hilt of their spear lies an energy source, which gives their spear a lightning that can strike two enemies in a row."
The Cyber Kobold Spearman. Coming soon to a Cyborg army near you!
Ironfist is recruiting a new programmer. Do you want to turn your C++ skills into new features for one of the best PC strategy games ever? This role may be for you.
We are also looking for players willing to volunteer as testers for our new maps.
Contact homm2ironfist(at)gmail.com if interested in either position.
For original announcement see "Project Ironfist discussion thread"
- by Pol
A long awaited update 1.3.20 is here, if you feel that game is now faster - it's not a quirky dream, some animations for transition screens were shortened. There are many balance changes and tweaks, see it outlined below:
- Shows 5 opponets to attack
- Better match-making, the same opponents should not cyclically return
- Long press the creature's icon (or fav within) to see where is used
- Mythic Idols now guarantee a 3 or 4 Dot Epic or Legendary Creature
- You can now Quick Quest any map while in progress on a different Quest
There's also some ambiguous news, Essences are now color specific. This just delay bosses awakening but doesn't cut it nicely.
If you are about something wait, Kingdom mode should be behind the corner. Still no hints what it will be.
Please, update the game from the Store/Play.
|Comments (9)||Add comment|
- by Pol
Ubisoft's Might & Magic Showdown was shutdown. The last date when the servers will be accessible will be at July 31. The game was removed from the shop two days ago.
"The game will remain in your Steam Library, but server support will end on July 31, 2017 and the game itself will become inoperable. In an effort to ensure that we abide by our players’ expectations of the Early Access model, we will be offering full refunds to players who feel they are owed them until July 31, 2017."
~Thank you Heroes. The Might & Magic SHOWDOWN team
The game was struggling for audience and for a few last days, there was almost no one in the lobby.
Previously the game received several patches, new Citadel, Hack Crag and Sandro mini campaigns. For most audience it was sensed like a beautiful miniatures painting tool - which could keep you busy for a hours. But the online part was not so well appreciated, the idea of scripting your hero and building him up through multitude of battles seems unfinished.
However I must applaud them for a courage, to try somethign new. And if I might add, if they would focus more on connecting the online part, we might have a perfect game to relax a while. The mix of painting and battling, just didn't blend well at this moment.
Thanks for alerting us goes to Avonu and JSE.
|Comments (14)||Add comment|
- by "Secret Brotherhood Team"
"Ssh! Do you remember the fervent discussions about what could have been, when we left Enroth and escaped to Axeoth? When one world ended and a new one was born? Never ending quarrels and nitpicking about the lore?"
We have something for you. Thanks to our members, who formed secret detective brotherhood. And which we may name just at the end. They found a secret, hidden in dark places of the Internet that cannot be named (ever): "Jennifer Bullard's Lost Manuscript Files".
Once there was a gap between Heroes III and IV—there is still, just we learned how to live with it—one world died in flames and a new one was born, but all of that happened really hastily. Let's take a look under the lid, thanks to Heroes writer Jennifer Bullard, at what all could have been in the cutscenes, as new lore, or new heroes. Also let's read some lines from General Kendal's diary. Just don't say "Ouch" too early.
Wherever these documents were for all that time, credit for digging them up goes to Corlagon, iLiVeInAbOx05, Erwinner and Karmakeld. Guys, accept our humble thanks!
Note please, that images are for illustration purposes only and were not part of the original files. Click to "readmore" to continue..
|Comments (13)||Add comment|
- by Angelspit
The last two instalments of Matt Chat, a series of interviews with professional game designers and developers, features Tim Lang, a former game designer at New World Computing. Tim is a friendly and outspoken fellow who has stayed in touch with various members of the community over the years.
Part one of the interview is about Brrapp Games, Tim's company, and his early days in the gaming industry.
Part two covers Tim's time at New World Computing, including his work on Might and Magic IX.
If you like to travel back in time, we had an interview of our own with Tim Lang 13 years ago. Back then, Ubisoft had just acquired the rights to the Might and Magic license and we were speculating about Ubi's ability to deliver great Heroes games.
|Comments (5)||Add comment|
- by Pol
We are opening Creature Quest forum. If you wish to discuss the game or you are curious ask your questions here.
This is a mobile game, put your screenshots to screenshots thread or just sneak in. More ingame screens are in this article, just click on title or "read more" button and run the slideshow.
The game is pretty fun and nobody know, how many creatures are (and will be) in!
By the way, the music is from Rob King & Paul Romero. Lightly reminiscing Heroes IV. to me. Soundtrack is not free, see the link in Game Summary thread.
Click on Sphinx to see our gallery!