The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jun 5 2009, 15:00

We are proud to announce the Beta2 release of The Chaos Conspiracy. For those interested in playing this game, please download the file TCC Player Intro.pdf at the following link;

http://hosted.filefront.com/BigDaddyJim

This file contains;

(1) an introduction to the game,
(2) an introduction to the development team, play testers, and other contributors,
(3) game play requirements, and
(4) download and installation instructions.


On behalf of The Chaos Conspiracy Development Team,

Happy Gaming!


Big Daddy Jim


"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

kognefaure
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 29
Joined: 14 Feb 2008

Postby kognefaure » Jun 5 2009, 15:07

Wow, that was quick! Downloading right now! Err... First, I Must make sure if MM6 is actually installed ;|

Thanks a lot to the TCC team!

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 104
Joined: 18 Jan 2009

Postby phamlongtuan » Jun 5 2009, 17:13

One question BDJ :-D . Can i use grayface patch instead of Mok since Grayface contain some great features such as showing recovery rate and experiences.

kognefaure
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 29
Joined: 14 Feb 2008

Postby kognefaure » Jun 5 2009, 17:39

phamlongtuan: I just started playing the mod with the latest version of Grayface. It works fine, no crash or anything. Maybe in the future there can be some trouble, but I doubt it.

I'm already stuck at finding Tamara, her home was empty in Elesia xD but I like a lot that fresh update for MM6!
If I can give a suggestion for the final release, could you add locations in the quest log? I've got a quest in Kat'an (hope I spelled it right lol) in which I must find a deer for a man who claims a piece of land. I didn't pay attention to what location the guy asked to search, but as the quest log just tells "Find the deer", I don't know where to begin!
Thanks

PS: one little mistake in Elesia. When you free a prisoner in the chain island, he will tell that he got caught by Baa members and calls the place "Misty Islands" instead of "Elesia". I guess it actually belongs to the past.

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jun 5 2009, 18:02

phamlongtuan wrote:One question BDJ :-D . Can i use grayface patch instead of Mok since Grayface contain some great features such as showing recovery rate and experiences.


The game was play tested with MOK's. Play at your own risk with the Greyface patch. Don't know if it will work or not.

BDJ
Last edited by Big Daddy Jim on Jun 5 2009, 18:06, edited 2 times in total.
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.



http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jun 5 2009, 18:05

kognefaure wrote:phamlongtuan: I just started playing the mod with the latest version of Grayface. It works fine, no crash or anything. Maybe in the future there can be some trouble, but I doubt it.

I'm already stuck at finding Tamara, her home was empty in Elesia xD but I like a lot that fresh update for MM6!
If I can give a suggestion for the final release, could you add locations in the quest log? I've got a quest in Kat'an (hope I spelled it right lol) in which I must find a deer for a man who claims a piece of land. I didn't pay attention to what location the guy asked to search, but as the quest log just tells "Find the deer", I don't know where to begin!
Thanks

PS: one little mistake in Elesia. When you free a prisoner in the chain island, he will tell that he got caught by Baa members and calls the place "Misty Islands" instead of "Elesia". I guess it actually belongs to the past.


Re; The 'find the deed' quest. Check your inventory. You were given a scroll that will provide additional info on the location.

Thanks for the 'cage' dialog error. I'll fix it for the final release.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.



http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

User avatar
Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel
Posts: 1421
Joined: 03 Sep 2007
Location: HC/CH

Postby Corlagon » Jun 5 2009, 18:35

Wow, I'm more than interested in this, but the download size is huge! I won't get down to playing this until tomorrow. You should consider putting those files in .rar archives.

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 104
Joined: 18 Jan 2009

Postby phamlongtuan » Jun 5 2009, 19:08

Big Daddy Jim wrote:
phamlongtuan wrote:One question BDJ :-D . Can i use grayface patch instead of Mok since Grayface contain some great features such as showing recovery rate and experiences.


The game was play tested with MOK's. Play at your own risk with the Greyface patch. Don't know if it will work or not.

BDJ


BDJ ;| , i got trouble for download this mod. I stucked at 553 permission denied :S :(

Edit: Found my problem :proud: :hoo: . My poor web browser.

User avatar
Nelviticus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 16
Joined: 10 Apr 2009

Postby Nelviticus » Jun 5 2009, 21:58

Wow, brilliant! :-D I am very impressed, a big "thank you" to all the team involved. I've just spent all evening playing it and it's very well put together and refreshingly different to standard MM6.

Do you want to hear about bugs/minor problems in this thread? I haven't found any show-stoppers, just things like the hot-spot for the 'exit' button on the load screen (which is lovely, by the way) isn't quite in the right place. But on the whole TCC rocks. :devil:

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jun 5 2009, 22:34

Nelviticus wrote:Wow, brilliant! :-D I am very impressed, a big "thank you" to all the team involved. I've just spent all evening playing it and it's very well put together and refreshingly different to standard MM6.

Do you want to hear about bugs/minor problems in this thread? I haven't found any show-stoppers, just things like the hot-spot for the 'exit' button on the load screen (which is lovely, by the way) isn't quite in the right place. But on the whole TCC rocks. :devil:


We're all glad that you are enjoying TCC. Just out of curiosity, what playing level did you select?

And yes, please feel free to report any 'bugs' you might encounter while exploring Nimradur. That's the only way we'll produce a near-perfect final game.

Happy gaming!

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.



http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

User avatar
GrayFace
Archlich
Archlich
Posts: 1146
Joined: 29 Nov 2005

Postby GrayFace » Jun 6 2009, 8:18

phamlongtuan wrote:One question BDJ :-D . Can i use grayface patch instead of Mok since Grayface contain some great features such as showing recovery rate and experiences.

My patch, Mok's patch and clean version 1.2 should behave the same in most aspects, so I think there shouldn't be any problems. But if you experience, for example, crashes, try it with Mok's patch.
And don't forget to turn off the "Change LOD files" task if you install new versions of my patch over the Chaos Conspiracy.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

User avatar
Nelviticus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 16
Joined: 10 Apr 2009

Postby Nelviticus » Jun 6 2009, 9:37

Big Daddy Jim wrote:Just out of curiosity, what playing level did you select?

I selected 'adventurer' as I didn't know how hard-core it would be.

*spoiler below!*




I only found out that the guy you rescue can heal you *after* I'd painstakingly fought my way back to the island and (barely) survived the ambush. I was right-clicking him for his description instead of left-clicking for his interaction. D'oh!

kognefaure
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 29
Joined: 14 Feb 2008

Postby kognefaure » Jun 6 2009, 12:19

Same, selected adventurer.

Ah, thank you about the deer, I didn't notice a new letter in the inventory ^^


Spoilers down!


Some crashes: after unsuccessfully looking for the Seer, I went into the Cavern of the Rogue in Kat'an and got the game to crash at two different situations:



I picked what I thought was a pile of gold... But it actually is a book of learning, and when I open the inventory and right-click in order to identify the book, the games crashes.
Later, the game crashed twice as I picked another item on the ground. I couldn't see what it was.

Just to make sure it isn't caused by Grayface's patch, I'll try to install Mok's patch.


Again a big THANK YOU and CONGRATS' to the TCC team!

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jun 6 2009, 12:49

kognefaure wrote:Same, selected adventurer.

Ah, thank you about the deer, I didn't notice a new letter in the inventory ^^


You're welcome!




kognefaure wrote:Spoilers down!


Some crashes: after unsuccessfully looking for the Seer, I went into the Cavern of the Rogue in Kat'an and got the game to crash at two different situations:



I picked what I thought was a pile of gold... But it actually is a book of learning, and when I open the inventory and right-click in order to identify the book, the games crashes.
Later, the game crashed twice as I picked another item on the ground. I couldn't see what it was.

Just to make sure it isn't caused by Grayface's patch, I'll try to install Mok's patch.


After you reinstall the game .EXE, update to 1.2, and apply MOK's, you may need to start a new game. Just to be sure.

There are/were no reported crashes here from any of the play testers in Apha1, Alpha2, or Beta1 testing.



kognefaure wrote:Again a big THANK YOU and CONGRATS' to the TCC team!


On behalf of the team, thanks for this. We all do hope that you enjoy the adventure!

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.



http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

Cavern of the Rogue Crash

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jun 6 2009, 21:13

kognefaure,

I just sent you a PM concerning the Cavern of the Rogue crash. Please take a moment to check your personal messages.

Thanks,

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.



http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

User avatar
Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 4583
Joined: 27 Nov 2005

Postby Ethric » Jun 7 2009, 1:56

Is the enormous letters really necessary?
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

User avatar
Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 125
Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Location: Stockholm

Postby Edwardas 3 » Jun 7 2009, 7:14

Ethric wrote:Is the enormous letters really necessary?


Yes,they are @Ethric-for they're mod designer answers on players questions and it would be more clearly seen by new many players-for author,obviously, will not be able to provide everyone with questions with personal guidance all the time.

User avatar
Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 3825
Joined: 06 Aug 2006
Location: City of Griffin
Contact:

Postby Avonu » Jun 7 2009, 7:23

Just a note: Mok's patch is not necessary to run this mod - so far I didn't have any errors playing without this patch.

User avatar
Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 125
Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Location: Stockholm

Postby Edwardas 3 » Jun 7 2009, 7:34

Corlagon wrote:Wow, I'm more than interested in this, but the download size is huge! I won't get down to playing this until tomorrow. You should consider putting those files in .rar archives.

I was on download site right now and data.file is zipped .
Good luck with game !

User avatar
Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel
Posts: 1421
Joined: 03 Sep 2007
Location: HC/CH

Postby Corlagon » Jun 7 2009, 22:36

I was more worried about the files containing movies.


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests