GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

Unread postby GrayFace » 12 Jan 2009, 08:44

Here's the new version of my patch.
https://grayface.github.io/mm/#GrayFace-MM6-Patch
For modders: pay attention to "DataFiles" and "Custom LODs" changes.

MM6 Controls v1.1
Now you can set up controls in a graphical interface.
http://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm/MM6Controls.rar

Topics for MM7 and MM8 patches:
viewtopic.php?t=10078 - MM7
viewtopic.php?t=10240 - MM8
https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/ ... 3?p=281026 - MMExtension
Last edited by GrayFace on 04 Mar 2022, 13:59, edited 48 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 12 Jan 2009, 12:54

So having awsd of movement keys is possible in yor patch, right?
Another question, after installing MM6 do I have to patch an official one before yours?
Great work GrayFace :applause:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 12 Jan 2009, 13:16

From what i can read, you don't...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 12 Jan 2009, 16:14

Storm-giant wrote:So having awsd of movement keys is possible in yor patch, right?
Right. Some keys may not be possible to change, but the AWSD is what this option was made for and it was tested by the person who wanted this change.
Storm-giant wrote:Another question, after installing MM6 do I have to patch an official one before yours?
Only if you have a localized version. If your version is English, just install my patch.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 12 Jan 2009, 17:48

Oops. I uploaded an older version of the patch Dll. If you downloaded the patch please download this file: http://www.grayface.narod.ru/MM6patchUpd.rar and place it into MM6 home directory.
The links in the first post are updated.

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 14 Jan 2009, 21:10

GrayFace wrote:Oops. I uploaded an older version of the patch Dll. If you downloaded the patch please download this file: http://www.grayface.narod.ru/MM6patchUpd.rar and place it into MM6 home directory.
The links in the first post are updated.
Does this work with Vista? I did a full clean install with the original game, then extracted your files and the game won't work. It work's with Mok's patch but not yours, did I do something wrong???

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 15 Jan 2009, 11:53

I couldn't get it to install properly. I'm using Vista UE 64 bit.
Your perception determines your experience.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 15 Jan 2009, 19:36

I haven't tried it on Vista. If setting compatibility to "Windows 95" or "98/Me" doesn't help try it with the MSS32.dll library from Mok's patch. I think it's the only thing that may be the cause.

Does it say something when it doesn't run?
motter28218 wrote:I did a full clean install with the original game, then extracted your files and the game won't work.
Did you run "MM6Patch Install.bat"?

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 16 Jan 2009, 09:29

GrayFace wrote:I haven't tried it on Vista. If setting compatibility to "Windows 95" or "98/Me" doesn't help try it with the MSS32.dll library from Mok's patch. I think it's the only thing that may be the cause.

Does it say something when it doesn't run?
motter28218 wrote:I did a full clean install with the original game, then extracted your files and the game won't work.
Did you run "MM6Patch Install.bat"?
When I click on MM6.exe it just says MM6 has stopped working, the game never starts. I ran install.bat, and added your upgrade patch, still the same thing. I't s not a big deal, just for my mod I wanted to make sure it would work with everyone who had installed your patch, I can still play the game with Mok's patch. Probably just a Vista thing, I've had alot of trouble running stuff on Vista, makes me wish I never upgraded.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 16 Jan 2009, 14:57

Try to copy MSS32.dll from Mok's patch first. I can upload it if you don't have it installed.

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 30 Jan 2009, 10:49

Thanks

Jac
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jac » 02 Feb 2009, 12:02

Hi, I just have to register an account here to thank you for making this patch. I've tried all sorts of "fixes" for making this gem of a game run on Windows XP and none of them worked... except this.

It's running perfectly fine now, though there seems to be one tiny problem with the damage display on ranged attacks. Normally, when your character's attack connects, a message will be displayed like this (sort of):

"Victor deals 19 damage to Follower of Baa."

However, whenever it's my ranged attacks that connect, the message displayed is this:

"MT"

So what makes?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 02 Feb 2009, 22:11

This message is "normal" for ranged attacks in MM6-8.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 02 Feb 2009, 22:38

Avonu wrote:This message is "normal" for ranged attacks in MM6-8.
Not that I know of ;| ...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Jac
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jac » 03 Feb 2009, 02:23

There is one more thing that I forgot to mention... why don't I hear footsteps anymore? I checked the game options and made sure footsteps were on, but I hear nothing. :(

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 03 Feb 2009, 15:50

Jac wrote:However, whenever it's my ranged attacks that connect, the message displayed is this:

"MT"
You have a localized version and used MM6patchLoc.rar, right? If there is a patch for your localization, try installing it prior to my patch. Or you can use mm6view or mm8leveleditor to change Global.txt file. Find the "MT" string there and replace it with "%s shoots %s for %lu points".
Jac wrote:There is one more thing that I forgot to mention... why don't I hear footsteps anymore? I checked the game options and made sure footsteps were on, but I hear nothing. :(
I've found a way to solve the footsteps problem. I'll add an option for this in version 1.3 which will be ready very soon.

Jac
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jac » 04 Feb 2009, 00:43

Awesome! Fixed it with mm6view. Thank you so much. :)

namad
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

turn-based recovery bug

Unread postby namad » 16 Feb 2009, 10:14

turn-based recovery bug... do any of the versions of your patch fix the turn-based recovery bug i've read so much about? i've having trouble wanting to play mm6 again in a world where all the skills and time modifiers end up doing nothing? cause there's supposedly the turn-based recovery bug and a bug to recovery related to armor as well?

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 16 Feb 2009, 11:17

All I know of is the editor you can use to increase the skill levels. This should offset the benefit you are not getting from the skill itself. I don't remember which skill offsets what ability though.

Here's a link for editors for MM6-8:

http://www.wvi.com/~hodge/M&M_Editor_Zips/

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 16 Feb 2009, 11:19

No. Mok's patch fixes shield and armor recovery bug and my patch inherits it. But no turn-based recovery fixes. As for me, I don't feel the presence of the bug and never heard about it before.

The new version is released.

Return to “Might and Magic”