GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

Unread postby GrayFace » 28 Jul 2009, 17:46

New version of my patch for MM8 is released. Here is full list of changes:
https://grayface.github.io/mm/#GrayFace-MM8-Patch
For modders: pay attention to "DataFiles" and "Custom LODs" changes.

Skill Teachers Patch for MM8
This patch makes skill teachers list in Autonotes more readable. If you have GrayFace MM8 Patch installed, just extract archive contents into your MM8 directory. Otherwise, add autonotes.txt from archive into your EnglishT.lod using mm8leveleditor.
English version
Russian version by SVShu
Polish version by majaczek

Choose Party scripts for MMExtension
Now you can choose your party on start or solo dragon for example.

Topics for MM6 and MM8 patches:
viewtopic.php?t=9704 - MM6
viewtopic.php?t=10078 - MM7
https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/ ... 3?p=281026 - MMExtension
Last edited by GrayFace on 04 Mar 2022, 13:59, edited 31 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 28 Jul 2009, 18:25

EDIT: Nevermind. I just had to do a "Save As"
Back from the dead? Maybe.

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 30 Jul 2009, 00:54

Said it before but it deserves saying again. Thanks so much for this Grayface, was hoping you'd do a MM8 patch, so nice not to have to juggle all those disks around.

Otter

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 24 Sep 2009, 21:27

I've made a small update to the patch (v1.1) and a new patch that makes Autonotes better.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 24 Sep 2009, 22:40

It's nice to see MM8 get some work done on it. It's always mods for 6 or 7. Personally, I like 8 the best. I can go solo, without having to kill 3 characters.

..and look at how much stuff has been stolen from it and put in the MM6 & 7 mods.

It would be really nice if NPC's could be added in MM8 to offset a solo characters weaknesses.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 02 Oct 2009, 00:40

Version 1.1.1 is out. I've fixed one bug that wasn't properly fixed in v1.1.

I probably like MM8 as much as MM6-7. Mostly for solo and nice classes with unique properties. NPCs? Maybe they would be good, but I prefer to be without the ones that walk on streets. It's good to never even think of seeking the NPC you need to hire.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 03 Oct 2009, 10:01

GrayFace wrote:Version 1.1.1 is out. I've fixed one bug that wasn't properly fixed in v1.1.

I probably like MM8 as much as MM6-7. Mostly for solo and nice classes with unique properties. NPCs? Maybe they would be good, but I prefer to be without the ones that walk on streets. It's good to never even think of seeking the NPC you need to hire.
I'm thinking of NPC's like cartographers and scholars. That way, you can have a Cleric solo and still have wizard eye, for example.

I know what you mean though. I did not like getting the stone cutter etc and taking them places.

I'll download it now.

Edit: Did you you get my errorlog.txt file BTW?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 04 Oct 2009, 07:38

Variol wrote:I know what you mean though. I did not like getting the stone cutter etc and taking them places.
No, I mean that in MM6-7 you can seek NPC you need on streets and save/load until you find it. It's something not fun at all. It would be good to have no randomness involved. Like, in houses only. Maybe, also on maps, but a fixed number of them. Like, 3 cartographers, 2 instructors, 1 pathfinder in Raven Shore and no more, no less.
Variol wrote:Did you you get my errorlog.txt file BTW?
Yes, I've got it. Is it easy for you to reproduce the error? If yes, I'll give you some things to experiment with.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 04 Oct 2009, 09:38

I see what you mean about the NPC's now. Yes, that would be very nice. It would be nicer if they went back to their homes dismissing them. Where else would they go anyway.

I'm not sure I can re-create the error; and I'm bored with the game for the next little while anyway. I'm yearning for something new. :(

Jac
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jac » 06 Oct 2009, 09:43

Hey, I seem to have run into a couple of in-game bugs/errors while playing through MM8 for the first time.

While I was wandering the woods looking for Cauri (that missing dark elf, I think that's her name) I stumbled upon the elemental plane of air and other than there being no floor and a lot of floating orb thingies, I was experiencing extremely bad lag while inside. Everything went back to normal the moment I got out though, I haven't gone in a second time 'cause the lag is so bad, it's like watching a slide show. I'm running windows XP btw.

The other thing is that the wyrm leader in Garrote Gorge doesn't have any dialogue options! lol
I was given the choice of either helping the wyrms or the dragon slayers in Garrote Gorge, and I chose the former. I received the quest from the wyrm boss. I have this habit of clicking on the quest again to see if I have unintentionally completed quests while exploring (which happens quite often), but this wyrm's dialogue option just disappeared the moment I clicked on it and he didn't even say anything. I tried going out and killing all the dragon slayers, including those in the fort, and got the Dragon Slayer Blade of Whistle-lips or something and there was still no dialogue options. Now I can't promote the wyrmling in my party. Is there a way around this?

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 06 Oct 2009, 13:29

Jac wrote:While I was wandering the woods looking for Cauri (that missing dark elf, I think that's her name) I stumbled upon the elemental plane of air and other than there being no floor and a lot of floating orb thingies, I was experiencing extremely bad lag while inside. Everything went back to normal the moment I got out though, I haven't gone in a second time 'cause the lag is so bad, it's like watching a slide show. I'm running windows XP btw.
Yeap, happens to me as well. Probably because the engine can not handle terrain with no texture properly...

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 05 Dec 2009, 01:26

A small update - version 1.2.

Luke210
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Luke210 » 13 Feb 2010, 09:30

I'm have medium/fast PC (c2d 3,6Ghz) with windows 7 64bit, and i have some problems with MM8 (with/without) your patch:
1. hardware mode: intro isn't working - after "3DO" it shows black screen, with sound (from intro of course)
2. software mode: intro is working but NPC are moving very strange, like they have problems with walking :)

I know, that Mok made patch for this issues for polish version of MM7 (it had same problems):

http://www.box.net/shared/bgf8te9hyn

could you fix it too?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 14 Feb 2010, 12:24

Can you send me the executable before and after MOK's plish patch installation?

Luke210
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Luke210 » 14 Feb 2010, 18:52

Sure, i've included:

1. mm7.exe version 1.1 after the installation
2. mm7.exe and mm7-rel.exe after the Mok's v1.21 patch
3. mm7.exe (no mm7-rel.exe) after the Mok's v1.25 beta patch

http://www.box.net/shared/tns87ha9mt

Hope it helps

ps. one more thing - changelog for 1.25 (translation made by me, and my engrish...)

- intro fix on vista+ in software mode (no overlay)
- NPC movement fix in software mode
- credits slowdown
- few memleaks fixed, they could cause hiccups on entering/exiting to/from arcomage
- ocasional left mouse button jamming
- music is played in loop (before it was played only once - after entering level)
- option added for mp3 playback - create "Music" folder in MM7 installation folder, put audio tracks:
Track02.wav to Track20.wav or
Track02.mp3 up to Track20.mp3

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 15 Feb 2010, 08:52

Do you know a way to contact Mok?

Luke210
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Luke210 » 15 Feb 2010, 14:47

He sometimes visits this topic:

http://www.gry-online.pl/S043.asp?ID=9731928

or you can use polish communicator - "Gadu-Gadu" his number: 626867

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 08 Mar 2010, 16:57

Version 1.3 is out there. Now Hardware Graphics is really an option. There's also a Russian version of Skill Teachers patch by SVShu.

Captain Emo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Captain Emo » 18 Mar 2010, 10:33

Thx for your work. This time I'm able to play MM8 without skipping the Intro, because it always crashed at that point. Now it works with Win 7 64 Bit.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 04 Apr 2010, 15:41

Updated to version 1.3.1. Fixed the Plane of Air FPS problem.

Return to “Might and Magic”