Info about MM6, 7, 8 Mods

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Just-J
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Info about MM6, 7, 8 Mods

Unread postby Just-J » 27 Dec 2008, 20:12

Hello all

I'm new to the forums, and need some help in finding might and magic mods, I "have" looked, probably not hard enough, but some help in regard to locating MM6, 7, 8 mods would be appreciated... Or even an explanation of what certain mods modify, the order they must be installed and whether they make it a lot more fun to play.

Thank you to all who reply :beg:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 27 Dec 2008, 23:48

As far as I know, there are two mods. Both can be found here on the forum.
Both mods are for MM7, it's the BDJ mod, which changes almost the whole game ( like 80% ), monster swaps, additional quests, that kind of stuff. And the Vladimir Meastro mod, also for MM7 (and made for the BDJ mod), this one adds some new graphics. They are really cool, you should check them out!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 13 Jan 2009, 00:16

the BigDaddyJim‘s MM7Rev4modR1 isn't here any longer: http://hosted.filefront.com/BigDaddyJim/
anybody got a copy for it? thanks :)

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 13 Jan 2009, 00:38

tomchen1989 wrote:the BigDaddyJim‘s MM7Rev4modR1 isn't here any longer: http://hosted.filefront.com/BigDaddyJim/
anybody got a copy for it? thanks :)
The version you can download here is MM7Rev4modF, which isn't the final version (you can't double-class your cleric into a paladin, for one thing). I've never been able to find the R1. :(

So, I second your question...is anyone hosting the R1 somewhere?

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 13 Jan 2009, 10:42

The final version is hosted here at CH

Edit: You can download from HERE

tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 13 Jan 2009, 22:52

thank u but... it is still the MM7Rev4modF, and Herry said that's not the final version... ok whatever, is the MM7Rev4mod entirely merged in the maestro's mod? ;| :D

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 13 Jan 2009, 23:15

yes and with final part of it.
BDJ upgrades some features and helps to do Maestro Quests.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 14 Jan 2009, 01:39

Storm-giant wrote:The final version is hosted here at CH
Zedd told me several months back that R1 is the final version, but he didn't have it (he had already merged it into his game and so didn't have the actual download anymore).

Time to ask the source about which is the final version, I think. I just PM'ed Big Daddy Jim; if he replies, I'll post it here.

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 15 Jan 2009, 01:47

BDJ sent me this reply:

If my memory serves me well, and sometimes it doesn't, the ModF was the final 'official' release. I do recall changing the class-change matrix as a courtesy for some of the play testing group, but that 'version' was not made 'public'.

So, ModF is the final available version after all. My mistake.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 17 Jan 2009, 15:01

I don't know where would e the best place to make suggestions for MM6-8 mods.

If someone could change all the games to allow travel by carriage or boat to anywhere they go, on any day of the week, I would really appreciate it. It's stupid to stand around for 3-4 days or more at a time now.

I would would be really nice if any race/class could learn any skill; BUT, the skill point cost would be higher.

So, for a mage to learn clerical spells it would cost an extra point per level and for combat skills, it cost 2, for example.

This would allow any race/class to really be customizable.

Is there a mod out there for MM8 that allows for resting/waiting right on the boat? I don't know why they took this away.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 18 Jan 2009, 06:10

Variol wrote:I would would be really nice if any race/class could learn any skill; BUT, the skill point cost would be higher.

So, for a mage to learn clerical spells it would cost an extra point per level and for combat skills, it cost 2, for example.
Good idea, I can do this.
Variol wrote:Is there a mod out there for MM8 that allows for resting/waiting right on the boat? I don't know why they took this away.
It was the same in every MM game, MM6-8 at least. They don't allow resting on boat and I think it's too minor to bother with.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 18 Jan 2009, 11:22

..6 and 7 definitely allowed for resting/waiting right on the boat, or dock. It would not matter too much, if the boat went everywhere everyday.

It would also make it much easier if the master teacher could also teach the expert skill and the GM teach could teach expert and master level. They obviously have to know it, right?

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 18 Jan 2009, 15:19

Variol wrote:...master teacher could also teach the expert skill and the GM teach could teach expert and master level...
I think it is bad idea: of cause they know, but they wont teach you such simple things. It is like you go to professor of math to learn '2+2=4'.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 18 Jan 2009, 21:29

Variol wrote:..6 and 7 definitely allowed for resting/waiting right on the boat, or dock.
Indeed. Funny, I got used to it being disallowed and didn't rest at the boat in MM6.
tolich wrote:
Variol wrote:...master teacher could also teach the expert skill and the GM teach could teach expert and master level...
I think it is bad idea: of cause they know, but they wont teach you such simple things. It is like you go to professor of math to learn '2+2=4'.
On the other hand, some masters trained their apprentices starting from their childhood. But the master should first be sure the student will be good enough, give some quest to him.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 19 Jan 2009, 02:05

Well, at least have some person in the tavern in every area who can tell you the travel schemes for stables and boats and what teachers can be found in the area.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 19 Jan 2009, 11:04

..or, put a sign at the edge of the dock, with the schedule, which you can read.

...but everywhere, everyday is still the best.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 19 Jan 2009, 22:02

And teachers. They're more important than the travel schedule imo.. Waiting a week to catch a boat is alot less annoying than having to keep checking a list of teachers and where to find them.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 20 Jan 2009, 01:24

..or maybe just do away with the teachers and have it done at the guilds, but only have those skills which would be found it that area.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 20 Jan 2009, 14:03

Not sure if people would like that though? I agree that you shouldn't be able to learn anything anywhere, so yeah only the skills you'd be able to learn there.. I wouldn't mind if it was like that, but it does kinda change the gameplay a bit.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 21 Jan 2009, 13:11

I would also like to suggest that Liches and perhaps Vampires, are immune to the affects of drowning and that Liches be immune to the effects of weakness, particularly from lack of resting.

It would also be nice if weakness as a cause of lack of rest, was dependent on the characters endurance. So, the higher the endurance, the longer it takes for weakness from lack of rest to take effect. Right now it happens to each character at the same time.

Return to “Might and Magic”