They speed at which you guys work, might as well release Might and Magic 11 by the end of the year
It honestly keeps me from actually playing, as I'm afraid that the next patch will just hit any minute now
Don't be afraid to play, as new patches usually do not break savegames.
Shhhhh, thats the secret, this is 11.
Nah, it is actually the real 10.
Here's my whole Scripts folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7lspqm44p91f ... s.rar?dl=1
It has updated General\Additional UI.lua - I fixed the problem of MM7 UI displaying incorrectly in turn-based mode (not a bugfix, there just wasn't a hook done for the turn-based mode).
It also has General\Screenshot.lua that makes screenshots when you press Print Screen key and hold it for a short period of time, but before patch version 2.3.1 you'll need to manually create Screenshots folder first. Screenshots are 640x480 without the 3D view - they show regular UI that the game still draws internally even when UI layout is active.The god() function does the god mode That is, gives you all skills etc.
It has newer version of the Editor, in which Rodril experienced a bug I couldn't reproduce.
Some other differences may exist. This is mostly for Templayer, but General\Additional UI.lua, General\Screenshot.lua and Global\GodMode.lua can be useful for anybody.
I'll try it. Thanks. Also god mode will surely be handy for testing things! I like the skills part of it.
OKAY, Your scripts work, the game is now doing the first time generation of files! Thanks very much!
But I can figure out what is wrong actually - when I copied your files to my fully updated version of the Merge overwriting existing, IT STILL PRODUCED THAT ERROR. But when I deleted the whole scripts folder and just took in yours, it worked! That means there is a rogue lua file somewhere, which then fails to load. Also worth of note that this was done on a clean GOG install, so previous Merge version lua files were not there, only the ones from the base Merge package + the update package + your files.
I will take a lot at which files are at surplus and where do they come from.
I found the culprit for that bug - the original base Merge package contains a file called Functions.lua that is in the General folder of Scripts. Your scripts folder, GrayFace, contains it inside Structs/After and the game works if it isn't in the general folder, so I presume it has to be removed from the base package so that no one else will get dragged by that ever again! RODRIL PLEASE FIX.
So I think I figured out what has happened with the bugged character creation - Rodril seems to have replaced some of the Goblin Male parts with Dwarf Male and Female Lich ones! BOTH Goblin Males are affected! Actual Dwarf Liches Male and Female are all right and work as intended! Also there is both a Dragon Liche and a Dragon Zombie, but they are copy pasted, with no audio and both based off on an old design (no tattered wings, etc.)
Added both to the Bug Tracker, I guess!
Rodril wrote:FOUND THE REASONS FOR THE BUGGED BEHAVIORS! *PROD* *PROD* *PROD* *PROD*