The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

Unread postby GrayFace » 09 Jun 2019, 21:15

Pol wrote:Recovered, click the image below to get to the site.

Here's another file from BDJ's site: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5y4cn5i6q0yv ... x.pdf?dl=0
There are more, but unrelated to TCC: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5y4cn5i6q0yv ... 78aoa?dl=0
Last edited by GrayFace on 09 Jun 2019, 21:16, edited 2 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

ukdouble1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ukdouble1 » 14 Jun 2019, 19:53

For all the time of plaing (party level 80 now), I have never seen that "perception" worked (nothing has ever turned red). (Final version of TCC+ russian localization + Grayface 2.3 patch). So it should be?
Last edited by ukdouble1 on 14 Jun 2019, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 14 Jun 2019, 21:43

Perception never worked like that in MM6. All it did was let you dodge traps or open the doors in the Supreme (Superior?) Temple of Baa. Being able to see flashing red items with Perception was introduced in MM7.
Last edited by Anubis on 14 Jun 2019, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.

ukdouble1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ukdouble1 » 14 Jun 2019, 23:10

Oh thanks. I completely forgot. During the week I tried to find where they teach the skill of alchemy. until I remembered that it was not here.

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 02 Aug 2019, 20:28

It feels like Im doing something wrong. Patch notes says start with no gold, I start with 21k gold.
Last edited by qtish on 05 Aug 2019, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 03 Aug 2019, 14:06

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you are saying "path notes". Can you please clarify?

https://www.celestialheavens.com/mods/TCHC/index.html

Here's a guide on how to install Part 1 and Part 2.

For now, I'm going to assume you are talking about Part 2. If so, the following link should show you the image of what Part 2 looks like when you start it: http://s380.photobucket.com/albums/oo24 ... /Final.jpg
Last edited by Anubis on 04 Aug 2019, 06:49, edited 1 time in total.

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 05 Aug 2019, 14:44

What I mean is, when I create characters, I got 21k gold, is it normal? I played CC before, and got to part2. Like 2 years ago maybe.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 05 Aug 2019, 19:42

No, you're only supposed to start with 1,000 gold.

Actually, are you using DaveHer's version of the Chaos Conspiracy mod? I knew he was working on that for a while and I've just now noticed he released it today. In his thread, he says that the player now starts with more money at the start of the game. I haven't tried the mod yet but I'm going to assume you had a pre-release version of his mod or something? Because otherwise I've never heard of that issue before with a player starting with 21k gold.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 05 Aug 2019, 21:36

qtish wrote:What I mean is, when I create characters, I got 21k gold, is it normal? I played CC before, and got to part2. Like 2 years ago maybe.
I am the creator of "The Chaos Conspiracy Redone" which is a remake of the orginal "Chaos Conspiracy" that starts you off with 1K. My version starts you off with 21K and trust me the game is still very challenging. :)
David

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 06 Aug 2019, 12:42

DaveHer wrote:
qtish wrote:What I mean is, when I create characters, I got 21k gold, is it normal? I played CC before, and got to part2. Like 2 years ago maybe.
I am the creator of "The Chaos Conspiracy Redone" which is a remake of the orginal "Chaos Conspiracy" that starts you off with 1K. My version starts you off with 21K and trust me the game is still very challenging. :)
David
Is it intentional, that when you create a character, druids have all stats 22? And druids can wear plate, and sword?

Im not sure about challenging. I chose hardest difficulty, and in bow shop found 3 bows +6/8, with witch I cleared whole area pretty easily, which boosted me to level 8-10. Already having 21k gold, monsters were giving me 80-300 gold, and were dying to 1-2 arrows. Had over 40k clearing the area. I think further balancing is required.
Last edited by qtish on 06 Aug 2019, 15:01, edited 5 times in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 06 Aug 2019, 15:47

qtish wrote:
DaveHer wrote:
David
Is it intentional, that when you create a character, druids have all stats 22? And druids can wear plate, and sword?

Im not sure about challenging. I chose hardest difficulty, and in bow shop found 3 bows +6/8, with witch I cleared whole area pretty easily, which boosted me to level 8-10. Already having 21k gold, monsters were giving me 80-300 gold, and were dying to 1-2 arrows. Had over 40k clearing the area. I think further balancing is required.
That was for my own personal use and I forget to change it. You just started the game. Keep on playing and see what happens at Kastution Water and other lands that have tough monster. When I played in "Adventurer" mode I did not find it that simple. I will try it in the "The Toughest Mother #$%&" Mode and see for my self. I never play games in the hardest mode because I do not like being fraustrated by them. I like to have fun. :)
Go into the tables folder of the game and edit "Class Starting Skills" and "Class Starting Stats" with GrayFace's Text Editor. It must be GrayFace's Text Editor. In the "Class Starting Skills" just put a dash on any skill you do not want. :)
David Hernandez
Last edited by DaveHer on 06 Aug 2019, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 06 Aug 2019, 15:54

When I played TCC original at "The Toughest Mother #$%&", I was getting 2 shot by villains, and they required 3-4 arrows to kill. Here druids have too much primary stats, and it is too easy - high accuracy, high int/pers for high mp pool for heals. I can only imagine, if you pump Fire to reach master, getting meteor shower, easy mode of the game will start.
Last edited by qtish on 06 Aug 2019, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 06 Aug 2019, 16:02

qtish wrote:When I played TCC original at "The Toughest Mother #$%&", I was getting 2 shot by villains, and they required 3-4 arrows to kill. Here druids have too much primary stats, and it is too easy - high accuracy, high int/pers for high mp pool for heals. I can only imagine, if you pump Fire to reach master, getting meteor shower, easy mode of the game will start.
Read the previous post again.
David Hernandez
Last edited by DaveHer on 06 Aug 2019, 16:05, edited 1 time in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 06 Aug 2019, 16:52

There is a thread for "the Chaos Conspiracy Redone. Here is link: https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/17010

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 12 Nov 2019, 06:28

Anubis wrote:Perception never worked like that in MM6. All it did was let you dodge traps or open the doors in the Supreme (Superior?) Temple of Baa. Being able to see flashing red items with Perception was introduced in MM7.
It also allows you to loot skull piles and trash heaps without getting a condition. And it lets you loot crystals on the ground like the ones found in the dwarf tunnels in ironfist and a bunch of other places. (Some crystals are useless and will tell you as much. But when you dont get a message like that and you can't pick it up, it means the highlighted character needs to have a higher perception skill to loot it.) And there might be some stuff perception does in mm6 that i forget / dont know about / havent been able to confirm.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 22 Nov 2019, 19:32

Oh, yeah. Forgot about how perception affected the skull piles in MM6. I never knew about the crystals though. That's interesting to know.

eliwang
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby eliwang » 11 Mar 2021, 13:36

Hi there, I'm currently in Ched Rinn but unable to complete either of the quests. I have no key to open the locked chest. Anyone could provide some help? Thanks! BTW I'm playing the redone version, in highest difficulty

eliwang
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby eliwang » 11 Mar 2021, 13:40

Hello! Sorry for digging this after so many years. I'm now playing this mod and encountered some bug. I'm currently in Ched Rinn and I was not able to open the locked chest with the statue. I cannot complete the other quest either. So far I've killed everthing in the dungeon and looted everywhere that I could. Could someone provide some help? Thank you!

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 11 Mar 2021, 21:28

eliwang:

https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/ ... ?start=120

The "Redone" mod thread is over here. You might have better luck asking your question there. As for Ched Rhinn, I remember that chest being buggy. Someone over in that thread will have to help give you the code to add the statue to your inventory.

Tomsod
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Tomsod » 03 May 2023, 02:51

Does anyone remember where in TCC Igraine (artifact ring which boosts clerical magic) can be found? Apart from random dragon loot, of course. I found the other two formerly-obelisk-reward artifacts, but this one eludes me.

Return to “Might and Magic”