GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.4 [Sep 17, 2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

Xfing
Raider
Raider

Re: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.4 [Sep 17, 2019]

Postby Xfing » Oct 6 2019, 11:57

Anubis wrote:Elven Chainmail (The one you get from the Arcomage quest) -- it has the "Recovery" enchantment on it but I cannot figure out what it does. If that armor is supposed to reduce your recovery rate of your weapons, it doesn't seem to be working.

Aye, I think it's supposed to be that. Overall it seems that most unique items in the games are broken in one way or another, with most enchantments not working or doing something else than described. Not sure if it's been that way since vanilla or only in the patches/Merge, but I think all the unique items from all the games deserve a sweeping look at their code to see if they work as described once and for all. Error reports for individual artifacts or relics have been coming in for years now, looks like the devs were very sloppy when it comes to that part of the game :P

raekuul wrote:Let's talk Reanimate for a moment. The spell only works if the target has less max HP than the spell grants, right?

Well, about that...
The description in both MM7 and MM8 is unclear/incorrect as to how much health each point of skill grants you.
The description is correct in MM6, where it revives 10 HP per point of skill, multiplied by your mastery rank.

I do recall a situation where I cast reanimate on a monster and it was raised only with a certain percentage of its HP (like say, 70% or so). But usually if your Dark skill isn't high enough, you just hear the failure sound play and a message saying "club" displaying on your status bar. A bit weird :D

raekuul
Peasant
Peasant

Postby raekuul » Oct 6 2019, 12:04

Anubis wrote:Elven Chainmail (The one you get from the Arcomage quest) -- it has the "Recovery" enchantment on it but I cannot figure out what it does. If that armor is supposed to reduce your recovery rate of your weapons, it doesn't seem to be working.
I think Gray was griping about this in discord a while back - instead of the Recovery enchantment reducing the recovery rate of your weapons, it's supposed to reduce your recovery rate after taking damage.

Xfing wrote:
raekuul wrote:Let's talk Reanimate for a moment. The spell only works if the target has less max HP than the spell grants, right?
I do recall a situation where I cast reanimate on a monster and it was raised only with a certain percentage of its HP (like say, 70% or so). But usually if your Dark skill isn't high enough, you just hear the failure sound play and a message saying "club" displaying on your status bar. A bit weird :D
pics or it didn't happen I have never seen it succeed when my skill level was less than what was needed for 100% success. I will say that I've seen the club failure thing a lot though. Either way, my issue is that the description is inaccurate, especially for MM8 and MMMerge where Basic Dark Magic being 20 HP/skill point would be very, very helpful
Last edited by raekuul on Oct 6 2019, 12:16, edited 3 times in total.
You need to install the base mod first, and then install the latest GrayFace patch on top of that.

chiyolate
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby chiyolate » Nov 4 2019, 8:36

edit: nevermind :D
Last edited by chiyolate on Nov 4 2019, 8:49, edited 3 times in total.

suzakureborn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby suzakureborn » Nov 8 2019, 16:14

Hi all,

I've been having some issues with the UI settings in the .ini file. I installed patch v2.4 and edited the scale but am seeing no difference. I am running this on windows 10, have tried running in compatibility mode, but nothing changes the way the UI displays. Any advice?

Anubis
Conscript
Conscript

Postby Anubis » Nov 8 2019, 22:03

First, make sure both MM7Setup.exe and MM7.exe are using the WinXP Service Pack 3 compatability mode. Next, go into MM7Setup.exe and change from "Software 3D" to "Hardware Accelerated 3D"

The new UI should work. At that point, you can just launch the game via MM7.exe

If the UI actually works for you and you're talking about tweaking UI settings from the ini file itself and nothing is changing, it could be a permissions issue. Move your MM7.ini file to your Desktop and make any changes there, then move the file back into your main MM7 folder.

Return to “Might and Magic”