Might and Magic Portraits in .bmp or .jpg form?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Might and Magic Portraits in .bmp or .jpg form?

Unread postby BMJedi » 04 Jun 2011, 21:47

Hello, I'm interested in using the MM portraits and artwork in the infinity engine (Baldur's Gate), which would require some kind of .bmp or .jpg format.

Has anyone found a way to post these portraits in the needed form?

The default facial ovals would be nice, but rectangular .bmp saves of the paper doll photos in default (naked) form would be especially nice. Photos of equipped versions of the paper dolls in various character classes would be especially, especially nice.

Does anyone know how to do it?

And, as an interesting topic for discussion, which photos would you cast as Baldur's Gate characters?

I nominate blue-clad redhead ("don't get me killed") from MM6 for Jaheira, shirtless except for vest pirate guy from MM6 for Mincsc, and bearded green-clad archer dude for Anomen.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke, "Clarke's Third Law".

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 05 Jun 2011, 04:26

I could, but I think you can obtain them as well. Use MMArchive by GrayFace.

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 05 Jun 2011, 15:40

Thanks, that utility is what I needed.

I see that the oval portraits are available, but that the paper dolls are in pieces and without backgrounds.

Would it work to make a screenshot of the inventory screen in game and then work with that?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke, "Clarke's Third Law".

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 06 Jun 2011, 23:52

Why not? You can also fill the background image "BACKDOLL" with some solid color so that it would become transparent color when you make screenshots.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Return to “Might and Magic”