Is there any way to force MM7 with grayface's to not use the integrated intel card?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Sendoh
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Re: Is there any way to force MM7 with grayface's to not use the integrated intel card?

Unread postby Sendoh » 03 Apr 2023, 21:02

I don't mean to resurrect an old thread, but did you ever find the solution? i'm dealing with the same issue

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Is there any way to force MM7 with grayface's to not use the integrated intel card?

Unread postby GrayFace » 02 May 2023, 23:24

Sendoh wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 21:02 I don't mean to resurrect an old thread, but did you ever find the solution? i'm dealing with the same issue
I was checking a wrong thing last time. Save this script into Scripts\General (e.g. as Hook Enum Devices.lua) and run the game, then tell me what it will write into MMExtensionLog.txt:

Code: Select all

mem.autohook(0x49AF21, |d| print('GPU:', mem.string(d.eax)))
This is for MM8 with MMExtension, ideally for MMMerge, because it already has a pretty fresh MMExt.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 09 May 2023, 16:20

tomchen1989 wrote: 16 Dec 2021, 09:36
Hey tomchen! Can you try it?
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 14 May 2023, 04:17

GrayFace wrote: 02 May 2023, 23:24I was checking a wrong thing last time. Save this script into Scripts\General (e.g. as Hook Enum Devices.lua) and run the game, then tell me what it will write into MMExtensionLog.txt:
Hello. I'm having same issue on laptop. This is content of MMExtensionLog.txt:

Loading user settings from MMMergeSettings.lua
Cannot load user settings: MMMergeSettings.lua: No such file or directory
GPU:	Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
I have two GPUs: integrated one and GTX1060. When i launch MM8Setup.exe and set hardware acceleration, i have only one option in drop down menu: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 15 May 2023, 22:23

Rodril wrote: 14 May 2023, 04:17 This is content of MMExtensionLog.txt:

Loading user settings from MMMergeSettings.lua
Cannot load user settings: MMMergeSettings.lua: No such file or directory
GPU:	Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
I have two GPUs: integrated one and GTX1060. When i launch MM8Setup.exe and set hardware acceleration, i have only one option in drop down menu: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630.
Looks like it's a restriction of DX7 emulation of Windows.

Sendoh
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Sendoh » 12 Dec 2023, 23:15

Did anyone get to resolve it?

Return to “Might and Magic”