mm6 - memory crystals

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
purple_kathryn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

mm6 - memory crystals

Unread postby purple_kathryn » 05 Apr 2006, 18:19

Sorry for the stupidity of this question but how do you get the memory crystals on their altars? I'm click and pressing space bar and throwing it on top!

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 05 Apr 2006, 18:23

There are 4 crystals and 4 altars and it matters which crystal goes to which altar. If you cannot place it, you are trying to put it on wrong altar. I do not remember for sure, but you probably had to have the right chracter (with right crystal in backback) selected when interacting with the altar.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 05 Apr 2006, 20:35

Pitsu wrote:There are 4 crystals and 4 altars and it matters which crystal goes to which altar. If you cannot place it, you are trying to put it on wrong altar.
Seriously?!! I’ve gotten past that part 3 times now and it’s never seemed to matter. 8|

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 05 Apr 2006, 21:27

Kareeah Indaga wrote: Seriously?!! I’ve gotten past that part 3 times now and it’s never seemed to matter. 8|
Doh, maybe you are right... I usually collect all four before placing any of them and in that case it indeed matter not, but i am pretty sure that in my first mm6 there was some problems with placing them.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 05 Apr 2006, 21:35

Yes, pressing spacebar was the most successful. I found that you may have to be standing in "just the right place" in front of the empty alter to make it work properly. Good luck.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

purple_kathryn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby purple_kathryn » 06 Apr 2006, 11:59

I shall give that a go. I'm trying to complete the obilesk quest as I really need the cash to train up :(

millionmilesaway
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby millionmilesaway » 08 Apr 2006, 17:54

purple_kathryn wrote:I shall give that a go. I'm trying to complete the obilesk quest as I really need the cash to train up :(
Good thing you brought that up! I had the same problem when I played the game and it made me stop playing it. Later on when you are close to level 50 or above in MM6. Where do you get the money to train? 100 grand is just nothing when levelling up later on in the game. MM 7 , and 8 don't have this problem. They seem more balanced on this part. When i was level 65 (in MM8) it costed me around 3000 to level up, but that was ok since you could trade items and when finishing the game I had some hundred thousand over the nice million, that I never thought I could get, in my pocket. No lack of money there. Seriously anyone who has ever wondered what the banks are good for? I have never used them in any of the games, I'd rather just stay alive. :baby:

purple_kathryn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby purple_kathryn » 09 Apr 2006, 11:53

The banks should at least give you interest. I assume that you're supposed to use them incase you die.....but who doesn't just reload?

Arrrrghhh I'm going to go cry in a corner. I can't pick up that there's an altar there at all :(

purple_kathryn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby purple_kathryn » 11 Apr 2006, 17:41

well apparently I'm just a moron - needed to switch the panel at the entrance on again.

Still - problem solved - Tombs of VARN here I come!
"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun).”
Eddie Izzard

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 11 Apr 2006, 18:16

purple_kathryn wrote:well apparently I'm just a moron - needed to switch the panel at the entrance on again.

Still - problem solved - Tombs of VARN here I come!
Oh no! :rofl: I don't know how many times I forgot to turn on the control panel at the entrance. I usually leave it on after the first time I visit. It stays on you know. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 11 Apr 2006, 22:12

purple_kathryn wrote:The banks should at least give you interest. I assume that you're supposed to use them incase you die.....but who doesn't just reload?
There used to be interest back in XEEN IIRC. I don’t know why they got rid of it though.

I’ve heard of people going through the game without reloading after death for the challenge. I’m not one of them; I store gold in the bank so I don’t have to hear the shopkeepers moan at me if I wander in the wrong shop. It also helps keep me from overspending; if most of my fortune is not on my person I won’t go wandering around to teachers and suddenly find myself completely broke when I go to purchase Lloyd’s Beacon. :D

For the money crunch in MMVI, I recommend doing Loretta Fleise’s council quest with a Gate Master so you can get it done ASAP. There’s a time limit of sorts on that one; if you get it done within a certain time period (I want to say a month, though I’m not sure) it gives you a small fortune, while if you finish it after that time you get a sum about equal to normal quests. I also recommend not looting corpses or picking up loose gold while the Gate Master is with you since they get a fifth of all the gold you find.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 12 Apr 2006, 07:35

Kareeah Indaga wrote: I’m not one of them; I store gold in the bank so I don’t have to hear the shopkeepers moan at me if I wander in the wrong shop. It also helps keep me from overspending;
Hei, MM forum It is not a place for real life discussion.
For the money crunch in MMVI, I recommend doing Loretta Fleise’s council quest with a Gate Master so you can get it done ASAP. There’s a time limit of sorts on that one; if you get it done within a certain time period (I want to say a month, though I’m not sure)
Perhaps there was time limit too, but weren't you also supposed to fill the quest without asking any more questions? When you talk to her after receiving the quest she just yells at you and cuts your payment?

Apeman
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Apeman » 12 Apr 2006, 08:58

Visit Dragon Sand for your cash problem, Kill some dragons and if you are morally up to it, multiloot them.

Or you could place a Loyd's beacon at the circus and at abdul's resort and do circus runs for level 6 items. Master Merchant helps in this case.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 12 Apr 2006, 10:02

Apeman wrote:Visit Dragon Sand for your cash problem, Kill some dragons and if you are morally up to it, multiloot them.
Wyrms have better treasury than dragons. And are easier to kill IMO.

purple_kathryn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby purple_kathryn » 12 Apr 2006, 11:52

meteor shower and star burst are really handy for the wyrms I have to say - I also keep running out of space to put the treasure!
"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun).”
Eddie Izzard

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 13 Apr 2006, 01:13

Pitsu wrote: Hei, MM forum It is not a place for real life discussion.
:P

Might and Magic IS my real life. :D
Pitsu wrote: Perhaps there was time limit too, but weren't you also supposed to fill the quest without asking any more questions? When you talk to her after receiving the quest she just yells at you and cuts your payment?
I don’t know. :S I know she threatens to, I don’t know if she actually does.

Obsidian
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Obsidian » 05 Dec 2006, 09:43

Easy way around the cash problem.

Find/buy enchantable items, enchant them and resell them. This only works if you have enough merchant skill to actually buy and sell items at true value or really close thereto. Get someone with at least Expert in Merchant (skill 6+) and hire a merchant NPC. If you don't have quite enough merchandising power to sell your items at cost in the bigger cities, have a Lloyd's Beacon or TP to New Sorpigal and sell them there.

Most stores restock every week, so it doesn't take long to build yourself a small fortune. I'm playing right now and have a set of lv 61 characters with a comfy 500K in the bank and a purse around 40K.

*shrug* insomnia.

Hi.

Mike the Marauder
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mike the Marauder » 07 Dec 2006, 02:36

Enchant the best quality stuff during a full moon at noon or midnight on one of the solstices and you will get the best stuff. The obelisk quest is the best for unlimited, just make sure you have enough life left to fly outa there if u cant kill the dragons. I did the quest as early as I could with fly and alot of saves...well worth it to do it as soon as you can imo....

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 09 Dec 2006, 21:29

Obsidian wrote:Easy way around the cash problem.

Find/buy enchantable items, enchant them and resell them. This only works if you have enough merchant skill to actually buy and sell items at true value or really close thereto. Get someone with at least Expert in Merchant (skill 6+) and hire a merchant NPC. If you don't have quite enough merchandising power to sell your items at cost in the bigger cities, have a Lloyd's Beacon or TP to New Sorpigal and sell them there.
This way isn't so good I think. It's unlikely to bring more than 50k gold. What really makes sense is to buy merchant and (I don't remember the correct name, he gives +8 merchant skill and -1 reputation) before training or buying spells. Both may be found in houses in Free Heaven, not far from the Temple. Don't be afraid to hire the latter. The change in raputation is temporary AFAIR. Choosing a right place to train also saves much money.
purple_kathryn wrote:meteor shower and star burst are really handy for the wyrms I have to say - I also keep running out of space to put the treasure!
Yes, that's why I didn't use them the last time. You know, killing dragons one by one in close combat gives much more pleasure.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Return to “Might and Magic”