MM6 abandoned temple help

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
migviper
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM6 abandoned temple help

Unread postby migviper » 16 Jan 2010, 23:54

Hi I just started a new mm6 game after my failure to complete it last year. Currently I'm working on clearing out the abandoned temple (i think thats what its called) near New Sorpigal. I'm having the problem of my characters getting posioned every couple of encounters, and then I have to trek all the way back to the temple in town to heal them. Is there any potions or spells i can get which will heal the poison effect in new sorpigal? or do I simply have to trek back and forth or just deal with it? thanks for any help in advance!

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Re: MM6 abandoned temple help

Unread postby Macros the Black » 17 Jan 2010, 00:48

red + blue potion is cure poison. :)

Of course, the best way is to shoot the enemies from a distance and avoid being poisoned altogether (but you would have to get the bow skill and items in Ironfist first), or otherwise to just put up with the poison..
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 17 Jan 2010, 06:23

Cure Poison is an expert Body spell.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 17 Jan 2010, 12:32

GrayFace wrote:Cure Poison is an expert Body spell.
In original MM6 all spells may be learned from books at any level of magic school - expert or master of Body only increase time of succeseful using Cure Poison spell. In "poison" condition you only can't rest or travel - you can not healing it before real dangerous HitPoints party members decrerasing.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 17 Jan 2010, 13:42

Cure Poison can be bought in Castle Ironfist if you're lucky, I think. I'm quite certain they don't sell it in New Sorpigal. But you don't really need the spell when it's so easy to make a cure poison potion...

Anyway, yeah, the condition isn't that bad. You could just ignore it if you wanted to.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 17 Jan 2010, 16:20

Mn wrote:In original MM6 all spells may be learned from books at any level of magic school
Oops, can't believe I've forgotten about it.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 18 Jan 2010, 18:49

GrayFace wrote:
Mn wrote:In original MM6 all spells may be learned from books at any level of magic school
Oops, can't believe I've forgotten about it.
Last times, I'm playing only MM Mods and sometimes I'm forgot originals rules)) such you))

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 18 Jan 2010, 22:31

The spells are differ in levels though. I don't remember details, but there are two Self Guilds and two Mind Guilds. One is Novice, the second is Expert. Expert Guild potentially provides better spells than Novice one, and Mind Guild provides better spells than Self Guild of the same level.

It's only an example, of course.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 18 Jan 2010, 23:50

tolich wrote:The spells are differ in levels though. I don't remember details, but there are two Self Guilds and two Mind Guilds. One is Novice, the second is Expert. Expert Guild potentially provides better spells than Novice one, and Mind Guild provides better spells than Self Guild of the same level.

It's only an example, of course.
Actually the Mind Guild just provides a better chance to find that one spell you're looking for because the store isn't cluttered with body and spirit spells also.
But aside from that, you're right.

You can only buy basic spells in New Sorpigal (the first four), expert spells in Ironfist and Mist (the next three), and master/grandmaster everywhere else.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 17 May 2010, 10:09

I always get a horseman and travel to Iron Fist and buy the bow skill plus buy some good bows (kill some time by killing most of the enemies in the area too) then travel back to New Sorpigal. Makes the Abandoned Temple much easier at level 1...

Return to “Might and Magic”