Search found 110 matches

by sylvanllewelyn
19 Aug 2006, 01:15
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Favorite Skill Combinations ...
Replies: 37
Views: 11046

Obvious combination for warlocks will be sorcery and destructive magic. For them, the best defense is really the best offense, because a dead unit can't hurt your own guys (girls, in their case), and reducing their numbers quickly helps preserving yours. About knights: I'd take enlightenment for Kni...
by sylvanllewelyn
19 Aug 2006, 00:59
Topic: Mark of the Wizard
Replies: 10
Views: 3369

I guess I should clarify my question: For most spells, it's very obvious whether it's beneficial or harmful, and you may only use them on self/enemy respectively. Magical immunity is classified as a plus. My real question is, whether dispell counts as beneficial, harmful, or an exception, according ...
by sylvanllewelyn
18 Aug 2006, 16:38
Topic: Mark of the Wizard
Views: 3369

On self: doubles effect, OR, when casting beneficial spell on another friendly target, also affects the marked target On enemy: doublees effect, OR, when casting harmful spell on another enemy target, also affects the marked target. I do have a question though: what happens when you mark an enemy, a...
by sylvanllewelyn
18 Aug 2006, 16:35
Topic: Inferno strategy guide.
Views: 3964

I quite agree with this guide in that creeping with inferno is really easy with gating, hellfire and mark of the damned. However it does mean you still have to visit your town for mana once in a while, and you will take losses against casters, albeit affordable due to large numbers of demons. Howeve...
by sylvanllewelyn
18 Aug 2006, 00:02
Topic: exp difference between pursuing and letting them flee
Replies: 6
Views: 11525

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same, after all, they are trying to speed up multiplayer. I've also noticed that quick combat sometimes allows you to do better than you could've against casters and shooters.
by sylvanllewelyn
17 Aug 2006, 23:58
Topic: Fall of the King
Replies: 7
Views: 3335

You could try to beat Godric I guess, but I don't think that's possible. He starts out with an unholy mass of armies. What *is* interesting is that it might be possible to beat Veyer if you get in some lucky strikes at oppertune moments, which I didn't (and didn't insist upon).
by sylvanllewelyn
17 Aug 2006, 23:54
Topic: 2nd Necro mission - HEROIC
Replies: 20
Views: 6309

This was a hard mission on Heroic, but the hard part's really at the end. First, the Djinns were damaging, but weak, just split into stacks of 1, take advantage of their large size. Use the delaying tactic to just blast them and then use raise dead if they do hit any "real" stack. You shou...
by sylvanllewelyn
15 Aug 2006, 13:51
Topic: Why do Zombies have Enraged?
Replies: 13
Views: 4009

I don't like "tank" units very much, but I really like squires: - they become quite vicious if you leave them alone until the end, with high might bonuses from the hero, enraged, guarded by retaliation strike. - high numbers, defense and large shield means can't whittle them down with magi...
by sylvanllewelyn
11 Aug 2006, 09:58
Topic: Suggested Haven Builds
Replies: 16
Views: 4727

In MP games, you often don't have enough gold, so you need to make a choice. If you've noticed, to upgrade the alter of light to the alter of heaven, you need 30000 gold and 20 ore. Training grounds plus hall of heroes together costs less than 10000g. With expert trainer, I usually don't bother with...
by sylvanllewelyn
11 Aug 2006, 01:52
Topic: Attacking gated creatures, plus other questions
Views: 2038

Reply to 1: It's a bug? Oh I didn't know that. Reply to 2: I meant wizards, blah, lost my chain of thought. I wanted to spam mark of the wizards, damnit. Reply to 3: I think the assumption that elemental chains activate every strike is tenuous at best. True, dungeon does have to speed to make sure t...
by sylvanllewelyn
10 Aug 2006, 16:14
Topic: Attacking gated creatures, plus other questions
Views: 2038

Attacking gated creatures, plus other questions

1) I know you can attack inferno creatures that are gating in, but targetting the ATB bar. However, does anyone know how to control from which direction you attack the gating creatures? As in, there's a mark on the ground, but I can't control from which direction to hit that mark. Is it possible to ...
by sylvanllewelyn
04 Aug 2006, 15:18
Topic: Elemental 'Chains'
Replies: 8
Views: 3075

I can see why they didn't implement the elemental chains in its original version, but if that's the case, then they really need to add some bonuses to the warlock's ultimate. A chance for +40% creature damage a third of the time is clearly not good enough for not taking destructive magic!!!
by sylvanllewelyn
29 Jul 2006, 10:27
Topic: did you ever get ultimate in campaign?
Replies: 30
Views: 10797

The Haven ultimate weak, but not useless. When two armies clash and both sides are left with melee units, the retaliation strikes will grind down human opponants and win a losing battle. The Dungeon ability, on the other hand, licks balls. As to campaigns: Zehir needs the ultimate to beat the last s...
by sylvanllewelyn
25 Jul 2006, 09:00
Topic: Neat trick
Replies: 9
Views: 3475

It's a level four spell, what do you expect?
by sylvanllewelyn
18 Jul 2006, 05:18
Topic: Using more than one hero
Replies: 24
Views: 5433

I develop multiple heroes so that I can scout and take on some creeps without using my main hero. But when I am attacking a human enemy, I throw absolutely everything I have at them, because they also have everything at their disposal, and in theory, given two players of equal abilities, you need ha...
by sylvanllewelyn
16 Jul 2006, 03:18
Topic: asian-themed race
Replies: 45
Views: 10745

If the cosmology of Ashan is based upon the dragon gods, then I think there really isn't a problem with having all the level 7's be dragons. Then again, if dragons are so mythical, then there shouldn't be problems with a non-dragon creature labelled as dragons, and wielding mythic powers. On Ashan, ...
by sylvanllewelyn
14 Jul 2006, 02:10

The phenoix has a special place in a lot of mythology, a symbol of eternal rebirth, hope, awesome power. I got cheesy examples, but I'd prefer not to mention them here, but I feel I've made my point regardless. Even in the dragon mythology here, the phenoix is still something more special than the c...
by sylvanllewelyn
11 Jul 2006, 04:21

I do believe that alrhough Heroes should not intentionally seperate towns into real world national identities, these cultural characteristics are quite convienant at addressing the "theme consistency" requirement that the game designers wanted to enforce more strictly than 3DO. Just adapt ...
by sylvanllewelyn
10 Jul 2006, 07:57
Topic: Dwarven town for expansion
Replies: 148
Views: 39823

Creature dwellings look good. Any ideas for special buildings, cost, resource requirements, hero skills, skill tree, ultimate... ***** <rant> Another racial town?! Wow, dscrimination must be a serious issue on Ashan. First, there's the battle of the sexes between the elves. So the female elves don't...
by sylvanllewelyn
10 Jul 2006, 07:28
Topic: So the six dragons are...?
Replies: 125
Views: 39970

I think the original purpose of this thread, namely to identify the dragons, has been answered. Mods should close this thread. If they don't, then I'll continue digressing. The game engine's already established, so if expansions merely mean making more towns, making 100 balanced new towns really req...

Go to advanced search