exp difference between pursuing and letting them flee

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
vhilhu
Druid
Druid

exp difference between pursuing and letting them flee

Unread postby vhilhu » 17 Aug 2006, 12:54

i noticed that differently from previous homms in homm5 you get exp even if you dont pursue when enemy wants to flee(a nice thing, less oh-yet-another-boring-weak-peasant slaughters). i want to know if there is a difference in gained exp? do you get more exp if you still take the fight?

Bonzer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Bonzer » 17 Aug 2006, 13:04

No, you get less xp. The actual formulae will probably be on here somewhere, but I don't know offhand what it is.

It shouldn't be too difficult to get an idea, simply save the game before you fight a stack, then reload and let them flee. Do that a few times and you will get an idea of the difference. It seems to me that it will be percentage based, and whether any hero skills / stats affect it I don't know either.

I have found that usually the stacks created by "week of the *" tend not to fight, so try with them.

I am sure if you check back here in a day or so, some bright spark will post the actual stats.
We will either find a way, or we will make one. Emperor Hannibal.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 17 Aug 2006, 13:13

Bonzer wrote: I have found that usually the stacks created by "week of the *" tend not to fight, so try with them.
might be because already month 2 all low-tiers are dead and then the week-of-the-*(usually low-tier) appear and are weaker compared to the rest of the surviving neutral critters and thus weaker vs players who have now better armies. fleeing still depends on your army strength compared to neutral stack's strength, right? it isnt just random?

Bonzer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Bonzer » 17 Aug 2006, 15:25

Correct, the "week of the *" creatures are usually low in level and number. By then, you will usually have an army big enough to frighten them off. So relative army strength does play a big part in their decision.

If you have diplomacy it can help them join, as can having some of them already in your army, a hero from the same "town type", and of course a much stronger army.
We will either find a way, or we will make one. Emperor Hannibal.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 17 Aug 2006, 15:55

It was exactly half experience in 1.0. Haven't bothered to check in 1.1 or 1.2, but thinking it's the same.

sylvanllewelyn
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby sylvanllewelyn » 18 Aug 2006, 00:02

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same, after all, they are trying to speed up multiplayer. I've also noticed that quick combat sometimes allows you to do better than you could've against casters and shooters.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 18 Aug 2006, 05:14

I haven't noticed any difference between the different versions, so I assume it's still 1/2 experience for letting them flee.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”