Using more than one hero

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Bonzer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Bonzer » 15 Jul 2006, 21:21

I almost always hire a second hero asap, pass on their troops to my main and that way lose less when clearing nearby area. The second then becomes by main town defender with slow troops in case of sneaky attack.

I also hire any hero that will provide money, Elaine (the taxation / peasant one), and Suzerain who gives 250 gp/day. In both cases they soon pay for themselves, especially if there is water about, and lots of rsources at sea.

BTW - has anyone else noticed that the sea resources seem to give less than previous HoMM versions? At least 50% seem to give nothing.
We will either find a way, or we will make one. Emperor Hannibal.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 17 Jul 2006, 16:48

well, in maps like "A Vikiong We Shall Go" in H3 where you have a bunch of towns close together all of which need to be defended and all of which are of the same allignment, i deffinetly get an extra hero to take the troops from each town and center all of them in one town (i leave only like 1 weeks worth of creatures in the other towns). then if somebody comes to atack i take the main defnding army with my defending hero and crush them. whenever my main hero passes by, he gets about 3/4 of the creatures there, then hangs around for a week to see that nobody comes while the troops are less plentiful.

sylvanllewelyn
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby sylvanllewelyn » 18 Jul 2006, 05:18

I develop multiple heroes so that I can scout and take on some creeps without using my main hero.

But when I am attacking a human enemy, I throw absolutely everything I have at them, because they also have everything at their disposal, and in theory, given two players of equal abilities, you need have more AND commit more to the battle to win. Then, I give all my troops and all my artifacts to my main hero, strike as hard as I can, and hope that my diplomatic efforts with other players work. Holding anything back means you lose your attacking troops without gaining anything.

The way Heroes works... a large army split in 4 does not beat one larger army, even though the 4 split armies are larger when added together.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 18 Jul 2006, 05:24

very true, although sadly untrue against the ai in lots of cases (which, on reflection, is not a bad thing since if it was true for the ai, this game would be very, very difficult)

Bonzer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Bonzer » 19 Jul 2006, 22:04

sylvanllewelyn wrote:The way Heroes works... a large army split in 4 does not beat one larger army, even though the 4 split armies are larger when added together.
No, that's the way all combat works. Though Nelson was credited with the idea that 50 can beat 500 if they fight them 5 at a time, it has actually been around since the Greek wars. They invented the "Flank" attack. Basically, the greater your numeric superiority, the fewer your casualties will be.
We will either find a way, or we will make one. Emperor Hannibal.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”