Mark of the Wizard

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Rainalkar
Pixie
Pixie

Mark of the Wizard

Unread postby Rainalkar » 18 Aug 2006, 14:20

Just to make sure that I understand this ability (besides Soldier's Luck, this is where I lack the most knowledge):

A hero can bind himself with the opponent's unit (can you do it if they are immune, like the Black Dragon?), so that each following spell (hero's attack does not work) works "double" on that unit (duration for as long the targeted units isn't destroyed).
Not all spells work, what do work are:
all the Damage spells, either from Destruction school or others,
from Light, Ressurection
from Dark, nothing
from Summoning, Fire Trap (?), Raise Dead, Earthquake, Phantom Forces (you get two clones instead of one), Firewall (?). What about Arcane Armor?
The double effect comes in play only if the hero has sufficient mana (double the cost of the desired spell).
After the casting of Mark of the Wizard, hero is substracted 50 (not 100) initiative points (?).
Magic immunity, resistance, protection works as should; if you have 15% Magic Protection and are attacked by a SP=3 Ice Bolt, the damage will be (96+12*3)*0,85=112.
If I've stated wrong info anywhere (likely), please correct me.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 18 Aug 2006, 15:41

Nobody has confirmed that resurrection works or not with MotW

Rainalkar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Rainalkar » 18 Aug 2006, 15:54

I heard that it does. But, as I said, there are likely errors in what I wrote.

sylvanllewelyn
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby sylvanllewelyn » 18 Aug 2006, 16:38

On self: doubles effect, OR, when casting beneficial spell on another friendly target, also affects the marked target

On enemy: doublees effect, OR, when casting harmful spell on another enemy target, also affects the marked target.

I do have a question though: what happens when you mark an enemy, and then dispell your own unit? Or vice versa?

Rainalkar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Rainalkar » 18 Aug 2006, 16:42

You mean that you can mark paladins, then frenzy marksmen, and they will both be frenzied?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Aug 2006, 17:21

Rainalkar wrote:You mean that you can mark paladins, then frenzy marksmen, and they will both be frenzied?
Thats what the description says.

Frenzy is a weird spell,and I have a question:If you have mark of the wizard on your unit,then frenzy an enemy,will your unit be frenzied?And what happens in the reverse example(eemy marked,your unit frenzied)?

Magepunk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Magepunk » 18 Aug 2006, 18:32

Tried to frenzy my own unit, while having mark of the wizard on an enemy unit. Nothing happened.

IMO Mark is most useful when used together with phantom image. :)

Rainalkar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Rainalkar » 18 Aug 2006, 18:34

How about MotWing your unit and then frenzing another of your units as well?

Magepunk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Magepunk » 18 Aug 2006, 18:36

Wait 5 mins, i'll test it then. The PC Players are taking their turns right now...sometimes i REALLY hate the Heritage map....

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Aug 2006, 18:49

Rainalkar wrote:How about MotWing your unit and then frenzing another of your units as well?
This one should work,as well as marking an enemy,and then frenzying another enemy.

Btw,how much does frenzy give to attack?Is it really worth casting a level 4 spel on your own unit,when there are lower level spells boosting the attack?

sylvanllewelyn
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby sylvanllewelyn » 19 Aug 2006, 00:59

I guess I should clarify my question:

For most spells, it's very obvious whether it's beneficial or harmful, and you may only use them on self/enemy respectively. Magical immunity is classified as a plus. My real question is, whether dispell counts as beneficial, harmful, or an exception, according to mark of the wizard ability. As in, may I mark an enemy, dispell my own unit, and dispell my enemy as well.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”