Technologies of the Future

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Pol
Admin
Admin

Technologies of the Future

Unread postby Pol » 27 Feb 2008, 12:21

MetaSDRAM - allows to double or four times increase the RAM capacity. Developed unter baton of ex AMD employer, is reaching is effectivness by adding chips 'bypassing' the memory controller keeping some shadow registers and higher speed as in chip memory bus. Thus virtually increasing capacity.

Image Bad news is that is primary intended to be deployed in the servers. When it will comes to the desktops is in the stars....
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 27 Feb 2008, 13:33

Faster servers is a good thing too though. Far better than nothing *kicks the RT server in the groin* :D
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 28 Feb 2008, 01:15

I wonder when I have one of those.... I didn't even has the chance to buy DDR3...
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Dracomancer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dracomancer » 28 Feb 2008, 04:55

Interesting. And computers can never get fast enough, amirite?
Anyway, I have to do something about my 256 MB DDR. Soon.
I maintain nonetheless that yin-yang dualism can be overcome. With sufficient enlightenment we can give substance to any distinction: mind without body, north without south, pleasure without pain. Remember, enlightenment is a function of willpower, not of physical strength.
Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Essays on Mind and Matter"

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Feb 2008, 14:38

You should have a read in this topic; several things said about RAM there that are quite useful.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “Campfire”