Report Site&Forum Bugs [since Aug'15]

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Report Site&Forum Bugs [since Aug'15]

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Aug 2015, 19:26

Salamandre wrote:PS: and a complaint. The forum mechanic sucks. I entered first time my post in quick reply box, then clicked "post reply". It opened new window and my text was gone forever, no matter if I could get back.
I think I see what happened. When posting in this forum, you have two options: 1) type in the quick reply field and click Submit or 2) click the Full Editor & Preview button to open the editor and write your text with all sorts of formatting options. If you write in the quick reply box first and then click the Full Editor & Preview button, your text will not disappear (I just tested this).

But: if you write in the quick reply box first and then scroll all the way to the top of the topic again (which is silly if the thread is long but not so silly if it's the first reply), that's where you find the Post Reply button. And it's true: if you click that, your text disappears.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Re: Bugs?

Unread postby Salamandre » 25 Aug 2015, 19:30

ok thanks, world did not collapse because of that. I will pay attention next time, is just that the red "post reply" was instinctive.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Aug 2015, 19:37

I'm not sure that can be changed but I guess we can look into it if possible.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 26 Aug 2015, 11:49

Am I crazy or are the "last posts" sections sometimes not actually the last posts? :|

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Aug 2015, 12:58

I haven't noticed any problems there but I suppose someone could be posting the second you click it..?

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 28 Aug 2015, 19:42

Kalah wrote:I haven't noticed any problems there but I suppose someone could be posting the second you click it..?
I knew I wasn't crazy! 8|

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Aug 2015, 20:56

So ... you click that and then you're taken ... where? I'm taken to the article, which is the most recent post in the thread.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Sep 2015, 15:17

There are some quirks, and this is one of them. Odd enough, old forum had a very similar bug. Guess nobody discovered more as they are quite minor. :)

If I only could wish for new release of MM:H7 to needs only minor tweaks and lotsa of playing!
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 03 Sep 2015, 14:43

Dunno if it's a bug or what or if it's being addressed already. Sometimes I write here, in Quick Reply field, and click on Submit and it reads the other button (Full Editor). And I didn't miss-click.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 03 Sep 2015, 15:23

Ehhh, another thing that's grasped my attention a couple of days ago is the addition of that Majestic-12 (bot) there. It wasn't there before. Just Google and 2 other search engines. I was reading that this majestic one is not very well perceived around, but I don't know much else on that subject. Is this thing safe?

Edited: and Google has just disappeared. Now we have Bing, Yahoo and this Majestic-12 thingy. :nervous:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Sep 2015, 20:10

There are quite a lot of bots on the list, it's not really a problem. We will probably go through it later and shut out the bots we don't feel like having here.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 28 Oct 2015, 18:10

There's a delay when I post, also it tells I'm logged in when I'm not right after.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Oct 2015, 19:34

@Galaad
From where you are posting, forum/main site?
If you are posting from the forum are you using "Quick Reply" or a traditinal way to "Post Reply"
Do you have allowed javascript?
What browser you are using?
How often is that happening?
How long is the delay?
To post you need to be logged first so I don't understand your second part.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 28 Oct 2015, 19:53

Pol, are we unable to delete our posts? I couldn't find the icon/function on the other thread I just posted.

ADDED LATERTER :D: acknowledged!
Last edited by Panda Tar on 28 Oct 2015, 20:17, edited 2 times in total.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 28 Oct 2015, 20:02

Hi Pol,
I generally use the quick reply
dunno about javascript how do I check?
I use Firefox
Just today
A few to several minutes
Sorry if wasn't clear, I log out, but it shows Galaad is online at the bottom of the site even though I'm, well, logged off.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Report Site&Forum Bugs [since Aug'15]

Unread postby Pol » 28 Oct 2015, 20:35

Topic split to make some sense of it.
  • The idea (of phpbb3.1) is that you can delete only your last post, on which wasn't responded. Even that doesn't work perfectly now (reported by Salamandre) but it will. Only moderator can delete post with replies. However you may use an alert system [!] on your post to make it happen.
  • Jump to page is broken under some skins
  • If you will wait with a Quick Reply, ie you are writing too lenghty post, it will disappear when you switch to full editor. - That's not fixable. Copy the text before switch.
  • In same rare cases you may appear to be logged in forums but you are not. Moving to the main site fixes that.
  • Occasional delays were reported, probably skin related issue.
"We made it!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Oct 2015, 20:38

@Galaad
Site was updated today, it could be that you hit just the right time. Please tell me if that would repeat. Anything of this.

If you use NoScript or any other javascript blocking add-on, then you may have switched it off. You should turn it on, because it's needed here.

@mr.hackcrag
Am I crazy or are the "last posts" sections sometimes not actually the last posts? :|
Yes, that was before. But after previous update I didn't spot it again.
"We made it!"

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 28 Oct 2015, 20:52

OK :tsup:

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 18 Nov 2015, 02:10

I still have the delay when I post.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Nov 2015, 19:43

The site is a little slow for me too ... Hm ...

Return to “Campfire”