Seen any good movies lately?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 10 Mar 2007, 22:18

Yes, Vel, I love you in a completely heterosexual way (shameless reference to Clerks 2 :D).

;)

But then again, I love everybody (it's just how I am)...

Well, almost everybody :tongue:
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 10 Mar 2007, 22:21

Veldrynus wrote:
ScarlettP wrote:Veldrynus? No. I love him dearly.
Just like everybody else... Right? ;|
Are we having a mushy moment here?
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 10 Mar 2007, 22:24

tLD wrote:Are we having a mushy moment here?
You could say that...;)

On-topic: Going to see 300...as soon as it comes out over here...:(

I can't wait! :oex:
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Mar 2007, 22:26

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote: Seriously?! 8|
It was the foulest, most repetitive poo I've seen in a long time :disagree:
Weren't you bored at just some point? :|
Or am I just not easy to entertain?

I belive you answered your own question:
Milla aka. the Slayer wrote: I'm a fan of Nicolas Cage. He's talented.
:lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 10 Mar 2007, 22:30

Touché ;)

I gotta say though..after being force fed with "Con Air" over a period of 6 months, I developed a liking to him :)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 10 Mar 2007, 23:23

Ghost Rider was a fun film... even if Nic Cage acted like he had never seen the script before arriving on set and was reading all his lines off a teleprompter.

Gamers don't grow old. We just level up.

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 10 Mar 2007, 23:25

Veldrynus wrote:
ScarlettP wrote:Veldrynus? No. I love him dearly.
Just like everybody else... Right? ;|
Thank you for not making us all call you "Lord" anymore.

Gamers don't grow old. We just level up.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 11 Mar 2007, 01:18

theLuckyDragon wrote:Are we having a mushy moment here?
If by mushy you mean :bugsquash:
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 11 Mar 2007, 06:22

Stan Lee Presents: Mosaic. This was actually a pretty good little bit of work. Had a bit of everything. Genetically altered female (electricity + cameleon dna..). Secret race of people who had similar (but not as strong as) abilities to what she became. Confusion, chaos, family problems. Too bad about that "Oh the secret race guy is dreamy." bit. Guess can't have an independant woman superhero without her having a crush on somebody or other. Still, all in all, not bad, not bad at all.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 11 Mar 2007, 10:16

Veldrynus wrote:The sad thing is that such villages are common in Romania. Maybe not that worse, but painfully close to it.

It is also sad (and not surprising) that Romania was selected to visually represent a poor, pathetic country.
OK. Now I know who are the "people" who hate Romania Scarlett was referring to.

To correct some of Vel's bull**** (I understand now why he lost the RTK title):

- Such villages are not common in Romania. If they would have been, the country would have never been accepted in European Union for example.

- The people in the movie are not Romanians, but Gypsies. I have nothing against them but <a> I find it sad that they refuse to - not necessarily integrate - but at least respect themselves enough to develop a separate respectful community in our country (not what you saw in that movie) and <b> as they tend to emigrate way more then Romanians, and declare themselves as Romanians, they manage to make people here in the west identify Romanians with Gypsy beggers and stealers (my wife's Belgian relatives were surprised I am "white" when they first met me) :disagree:

- Those villages are not representative for Romania. They couldn't even theoretically be. Gypsies are only 5% of the population, out of which half chose to integrate (more or less). So practically you can't run into in more than 2.5% of the country. You might find poor people, but simple and nice, that you wouldn't mind spending some days with, for a short rustic holiday.

- It is not sad that Borat picked Romania to represent a poor (& pathetic in Vel's op.) country. Romanians could be actually proud that - in spite of the poverty - that did not turn them into criminals. Borat chose Romania, although neighbouring countries like Ukraine, Moldova, Albania etc are even poorer, because it's just a very safe place to be, with nice, welcoming people. In many of the other countries around, you may end up robbed by even those who are supposed to protect you - the police (it happened to me).

I'd recommand Vel to watch "Long way round" to see why Borat didn't choose Kazakhstan itself, for "authenticity". ;)

It also wouldn't hurt him to stop hating and learn to appreciate the values, the good things in each and every nation. :)
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 11 Mar 2007, 11:32

I saw The Mortuary yesterday. My God. If they woke me up at 4 am in the morning to go and start acting I would have done a better job then those "actors". This movie is so pathetic it's worth getting if you want to laugh at the bad story, acting, effects, dialogs.. anything.. for example, the main actor and his friends get out of the house when they realize his mom is a zombie. Why would they run out on the street and head for the town? Why, the best way to go is the graveyard's mausoleum! I'm telling you if you watch it you won't know if either to laugh or cry, but you will definitely NOT get scared, and this movie was intended to do that.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Mar 2007, 14:08

Zamolxis wrote: - Such villages are not common in Romania. If they would have been, the country would have never been accepted in European Union for example.
Pls, that one started with getting into NATO cause of Bin Laden, if we hadn't he'd still be waiting right now.
- The people in the movie are not Romanians, but Gypsies.
As i said to Scarlett before, let it never be said we don't treat Gypsies badly. :devil:

and <b> as they tend to emigrate way more then Romanians, and declare themselves as Romanians, they manage to make people here in the west identify Romanians with Gypsy beggers and stealers (my wife's Belgian relatives were surprised I am "white" when they first met me) :disagree:
But you have to love the fact that when a spanish anti-romanian song get's talked about on the news al the "romanians" show on our own damn local TV station are a few shades too dark. :loll:

You might find poor people, but simple and nice, that you wouldn't mind spending some days with, for a short rustic holiday.
Just don't get into any money deals with them...
Romanians could be actually proud that - in spite of the poverty - that did not turn them into criminals.
:lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: You're right about it not having much to do with being poor.... :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu:

It also wouldn't hurt him to stop hating and learn to appreciate the values, the good things in each and every nation. :)
But then he wouldn't get invited to any parties.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 11 Mar 2007, 15:38

Saw 300 on Friday. Worth seeing, but not a great movie. Amazing visuals. Weak story, acting.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 11 Mar 2007, 16:41

Caradoc wrote:Saw 300 on Friday. Worth seeing, but not a great movie. Amazing visuals. Weak story, acting.
I.e., eye candy. Pretty much as I expected. I understand that even the blood is CGI?
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Mar 2007, 16:44

It's a movie about a battle that was only interesting coz of the odds. What kind of story can you make from that?!

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 11 Mar 2007, 17:01

Saw the Illusionist the other day. Some nifty magic tricks were performed and there's a decent love story going on. Edward Norton is as excellent as ever.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 11 Mar 2007, 17:09

Metathron wrote:Saw the Illusionist the other day. Some nifty magic tricks were performed and there's a decent love story going on. Edward Norton is as excellent as ever.
I agree, saw the Illusionist about a month ago and it was as satisfying as I would expect it. Edward Norton is one of the best actors in my book ever since I saw his transformations in Primal Fear.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Mar 2007, 21:40

Edward Norton made a movie with Brad Pitt in it interesting... nuff said.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 11 Mar 2007, 21:41

Zamolxis wrote: To correct some of Vel's bull**** (I understand now why he lost the RTK title):
Oh, right! I forgot. A "bozgor" like me has no right to criticize the glorious country of Romania.

Well, I'll do it anyways.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Mar 2007, 21:47

Veldrynus wrote:A "bozgor" like me has no right to criticize the glorious country of Romania.
You damn skippy... i mean what next, we don't let big British movie stars to pay gypsies a pittance so he can make fun of them?

Return to “Campfire”