Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

Unread postby Maslyonok » 23 Dec 2023, 07:54

SugaHoof wrote: 18 Dec 2023, 09:55 Hello everyone!
I want to express my admiration for the mod authors for the work done. You guys are awesome!
Playing this mod, I encountered a problem. The quest to upgrade from a Crusader to a Hero. I found the dragon's cave, but the problem is that when I hover the cursor over the mob, the game crashes. Through testing, I was able to kill the mob without hovering the cursor over the dragon (I was looking at the floor). The combat log text had entries that heroname dealt X damage to "null". I can hit the dragon but can't pick up the loot, as the game crashes when I hover the cursor over the dragon's corpse.
I should mention that I am playing with a Russian localization. I took the localization files from the Might & Magic Merge Tracker INDEX
https://yadi.sk/d/K7JIRoD0luT9Mg
I have an error log:

Code: Select all

stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	...Magic VIII - Day of the Destroyer\Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1429: in function '__newindex'
	... Day of the Destroyer\Scripts\General\LocalizeTables.lua:79: in function '_RelocalizeTables'
	... Day of the Destroyer\Scripts\General\LocalizeTables.lua:108: in function 'v'
	... VIII - Day of the Destroyer\Scripts/Core/EventsList.lua:101: in function <... VIII - Day of the Destroyer\Scripts/Core/EventsList.lua:96>
According to the log, I don't have a link to the mob's name. I tried to find the mob's name in the files and redirect it myself, but I failed. Can you advise me on how to fix this error?
You can try downloading version of the game in my signature (or from the main page). I think localization from the Tracker is quite outdated

Ossie
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Ossie » 23 Dec 2023, 08:57

Bug: adding Skill points to Leather at GM does not increase resistance

eilacomeva
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby eilacomeva » 23 Dec 2023, 13:50

powermmms wrote: 15 Dec 2023, 15:37 Is there anyone who succeed to execute mmmerge on wine(exagear)? I succeeded to execute mm8 on wine, but mmmerge is not. I'm trying everything I could, but there's no any result.
Never tried exagear; on wine *period*, under an actual linux install, everything is fine for me - same for you?

rampage77t
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby rampage77t » 23 Dec 2023, 15:21

justl wrote: 23 Dec 2023, 06:34
rampage77t wrote: 23 Dec 2023, 04:22 After a long time I decided to play this game again with the Rewamp version, everything works perfectly until there was a moment when I said goodbye to a character that I had created at the beginning of the game to be able to pass some objects, after doing so I went to hire him again but he is not in the list of characters that appear, I would appreciate it if you could give me a solution since I would lose a lot of relics if I cannot use him again.
have you looked into the adventurers guild on the continent for this respective race of haracter?
(i.e. minotaurs, trolls and dragons can only be found in jadame if i remember right)
It doesn't work, the character is a priest of light, I went to the adventurer's guild of the 3 continents and it's not here.

eilacomeva
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby eilacomeva » 23 Dec 2023, 20:40

In case it helps, the non-revamp version had a similar bug which was fixed this august; *if* it's the same issue don't delete the savegame, the patch makes him reappear.

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby qtish » 24 Dec 2023, 00:33

Rodril wrote: 06 Nov 2023, 11:29-- Catalyst potions will sum up their powers, when mixed together. I think, it makes alchemy viable in late game: blue and red potions with 200+ power are worth using.
Dunno, maybe doing something wrong patching the game, its not summing up potion power, but taking the power of the catalyst, regardless of initial potion power.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 24 Dec 2023, 06:20

rampage77t wrote: 23 Dec 2023, 04:22 After a long time I decided to play this game again with the Rewamp version, everything works perfectly until there was a moment when I said goodbye to a character that I had created at the beginning of the game to be able to pass some objects, after doing so I went to hire him again but he is not in the list of characters that appear, I would appreciate it if you could give me a solution since I would lose a lot of relics if I cannot use him again.
In base merge you can only put main character to Adventurer's Inn, but not dismiss him forever, try to do following: open debug console with ctrl+f1, type "HireCharacter(0)" without quotes and press ctrl+enter to execute. It should hire main character back into party, if you have at least one free slot. Unless mercenary generation was altered in revamp, main character, Overdune Snapfinger and serveice character (#49) should never be affected by any related mechanics.
qtish wrote:
Rodril wrote: 06 Nov 2023, 11:29-- Catalyst potions will sum up their powers, when mixed together. I think, it makes alchemy viable in late game: blue and red potions with 200+ power are worth using.
Dunno, maybe doing something wrong patching the game, its not summing up potion power, but taking the power of the catalyst, regardless of initial potion power.
You sure? I briefly checked it, in base version with no localization it works fine: mix two grey potions to get sum of their power, mix grey potion with any colored to set it's power to catalyst's.

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 24 Dec 2023, 11:13

Gotcha, I thought its catalyst + potion that makes a sum.

raekuul
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby raekuul » 24 Dec 2023, 13:00

I never knew/noticed that Catalyst+Catalyst summed their powers, that's actually a neat way to power up potions (imagine how powerful a potion you can make out of ten philosopher stones)

rampage77t
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby rampage77t » 24 Dec 2023, 16:34

Rodril wrote: 24 Dec 2023, 06:20
In base merge you can only put main character to Adventurer's Inn, but not dismiss him forever, try to do following: open debug console with ctrl+f1, type "HireCharacter(0)" without quotes and press ctrl+enter to execute. It should hire main character back into party, if you have at least one free slot. Unless mercenary generation was altered in revamp, main character, Overdune Snapfinger and serveice character (#49) should never be affected by any related mechanics.

no luck, I had to resort to the mm8che editor to recover my character, it seems to work, I just hope it doesn't ruin my game by using it...

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 24 Dec 2023, 18:05

Is there a way to make a game not pause, when alt tabbing?

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 25 Dec 2023, 03:55

rampage77t wrote: 24 Dec 2023, 16:34no luck, I had to resort to the mm8che editor to recover my character, it seems to work, I just hope it doesn't ruin my game by using it...
No, don't worry. Swapping Characters for Party in mm8che is quite safe so far as I know.
I understand that mm8che only causes certain conflicts in the MMMerge game, if we go make and apply specific editions inside the characters themselves, such as:

Editing their Inventories is VERY buggy (just never go on that tab!), probably because the Items of vanilla MM8 don't match with the ones of MMMerge; it would provoke crashes.
Do not attempt to edit a character which Class or Portrait is a MMMerge Class and not a MM8 one.*
Otherwise, it seems to be safe to use mm8che for MMMerge.

*For correctly editing non-MM8 Classes or Portraits, I know they can be properly edited (and even repaired, from a mm8che misdoing!) using CE (Cheat Engine), because it has got the entire list of options for both Classes (even Peasant, and useless "n/u" Class**) and Portraits.***

**It's a bit rare, but it can happen in Base MMMerge, where the n/u Class occasionally will spawn as a Random Recruit (I believe it's an inconsistency in the Base MMMerge, since it just seems to be a vacant listed Class (#49 in CE's whole list of Classes), I think this might be used for Dark ArchMage on Revamp branch maybe?). Also, any character's Class which gets broken from a bad edition on MM8che (i.e. apply a 'blank recipient' Class), will automatically become something broken as a n/u Class (if I remember properly); however, CE can easily revert that all: just have to change the Class to a properly functioning one. In Base MMMerge, n/u Class can't learn any Skill.

***Just in case, here is a CE file that I've upgraded (MMMerge-Edit-All-50-Playable-Characters.CT), which holds data for CE edition of all of the 50 Playable Characters (so, beyond the just 5 starting Characters edition, as it was originally made available):

https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/ ... ne#p388682

Note: I don't know if it is possible to swap between Party Characters with CE, like we can seamlessly do with mm8che. I'm also not aware of any possibility to edit the Character's Names with CE, although I know this can be achieved with mm8che, with caveats (that is: in the case of any non-MM8 Class/Portrait Characters, because changing Name requires edition inside the Character in mm8che, it will require fixing the messed up Class/Portrait by using CE, after mm8che's Name change; but darn it works :D). Inventories also I don't know a solution; but in CE, it is possible to spawn any MMMerge world Item apparently, to the 'hold-item-in-hand' function, if you know what I mean.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 25 Dec 2023, 12:58

rampage77t wrote: 24 Dec 2023, 16:34
no luck, I had to resort to the mm8che editor to recover my character, it seems to work, I just hope it doesn't ruin my game by using it...
What exactly have you done? If you swapping characters in Party.PlayersArray - you should also swap things in Merge.Vars.PlayersAttrs and Game.PlayersExtra.

vavi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vavi » 25 Dec 2023, 16:39

Hello. I installed the mod according to the instructions. After selecting the world and loading the game, this error appears:

Code: Select all

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Debug Message at line 5 of ...- Day of the Destroyer\Scripts\Modules\PathfinderDll.lua:
Could not find MMPathfinder.dll - pathfinding disabled.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
...y of the Destroyer\Scripts\Global\MonsterPathfinding.lua:473: attempt to index global 'PathfinderDll' (a nil value)

stack traceback:
	...y of the Destroyer\Scripts\Global\MonsterPathfinding.lua: in function 'v'
	... VIII - Day of the Destroyer\Scripts/Core/EventsList.lua:101: in function <... VIII - Day of the Destroyer\Scripts/Core/EventsList.lua:96>

local variables of 'v':
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = "MonstersProcessed"
	(*temporary) = (function: 0x1eca99f8)
	(*temporary) = "attempt to index global 'PathfinderDll' (a nil value)"

upvalues of 'v':
	MonsterWays = (table: 0x05dae870)
	MonStuck = (table: 0x05dae898)
	PathfinderTick = (function: 0x1eca9a68)
	PositionCheck = (function: 0x1eca99f8)
	IsOutdoor = false
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
Also. My first launch of the game occurs without any delays.
Last edited by vavi on 26 Dec 2023, 07:16, edited 1 time in total.

rampage77t
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby rampage77t » 25 Dec 2023, 16:56

cthscr wrote: 25 Dec 2023, 12:58
rampage77t wrote: 24 Dec 2023, 16:34
What exactly have you done? If you swapping characters in Party.PlayersArray - you should also swap things in Merge.Vars.PlayersAttrs and Game.PlayersExtra.

I started a game in Jadame with 5 characters, after passing the entire continent I went to Antagarich to continue, after doing the two Druid promotion quests, I wanted to get a peasant to make him Archdruid and be able to create black potions for my entire party , for that I had to fire one of the initial 5 and I took out the priest of the light that I had, but at the end I made a trip to the 3 adventurers' inns and my priest of the light was not in any of them, I tried several things and Nothing worked so I had to go to the mm8 editor, I changed the character slots and there was my priest of light, I don't know why he wasn't in the game, if it happens again I hope it will be fixed in another way.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 26 Dec 2023, 10:01

qtish wrote: 24 Dec 2023, 18:05 Is there a way to make a game not pause, when alt tabbing?
Why do you need it? There is no such option in base merge, but you can use multiplayer mod, turn it on and just play solo.

vavi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vavi » 26 Dec 2023, 12:11

Is it possible to become a lich without moving from Enroth to other worlds? If not, can I become a lich after completing the Enroth storyline?

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 27 Dec 2023, 15:05

You can not become lich in Enroth. You can travel anytime to Jadame to make character a lich. Wizards and necromancers are able to be promoted to lich. Archmages and master wizards (2nd sorcerer promotion in Antagarich / Enroth) have to switch to master necromancers first (dialog option of dark magic skill teachers in Enroth). Archmages and Master wizards loose access to light magic upon switching to master necromancers and get their skillpoints refunded along with grandmastery potential in dark arts.

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 01 Jan 2024, 22:13

Rodril wrote: 26 Dec 2023, 10:01
qtish wrote: 24 Dec 2023, 18:05 Is there a way to make a game not pause, when alt tabbing?
Why do you need it? There is no such option in base merge, but you can use multiplayer mod, turn it on and just play solo.
For streaming purposes. Also, is there a character editor for merge?

elaf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby elaf » 02 Jan 2024, 13:27

Do you think is possible to add an option to change turnbased to realtime and viceversa while you are in combat / out combat?

Return to “Might and Magic”