Search found 19 matches

by Ossie
Jul 3 2012, 10:20
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!
Replies: 933
Views: 299622

OK now fixed. It threw me a little because Grey's patch referred to already having TCC installed, whereas TCC needs the patch installed first, but I used the sequence of Grey's patch, then TCC & this worked. My initial issue of the warded door has also been fixed with the reinstall. Thanks!
by Ossie
Jul 2 2012, 23:06

SO guys as per previous post what is the sequence when using Greyface's patch with TCC: each looks like it has to be applied before the other?
by Ossie
Jun 30 2012, 22:37

OK just to confirm: it's the 1.2 patch that won't install at this stage, haven't even got to Mok's patch yet. Greyface's patch indicates v1.11.1, whereas the mod needs to go on top of v1.2 - and I can't patch it to 1.2 So does Greyface's patch also update to v1.2, or at least to a version that the m...
by Ossie
Jun 30 2012, 8:10

That would be great except that I can't reinstall the game at all.

I could try Greyface's patch I guess, rather than Mok's patch. I used Mok's patch only as that was what the instructions said, but will the mod work over Greyface's patch too?
by Ossie
Jun 29 2012, 21:14
Topic: TCC freezes in Orpheus's Gateway???
Replies: 6
Views: 2131

Yeah no non-Win7 computer unfortunately
by Ossie
Jun 29 2012, 10:24

Hi guys, playing TCC mod in Orpheus's Gateway (the old Snergle's mine map). I get to the Gateway Door (the old door with the trap) and the character carrying the Horn of Vainen clicks on the door.......and the game freezes. You see a slight flash of what is probably the Horn on the mouse pointer jus...
by Ossie
Jun 29 2012, 10:19

I've used both Control Panel & the game programme to uninstall MM6, and deleted any surviving folder. I've reinstalled the original MM6 & still getting the same error. I guess it has to do with something being left over from the TCC mod installation, because this didn't happen when I first i...
by Ossie
Jun 26 2012, 20:32

Grrr - tried to reinstall, now the game won't patch. Uninstalled & reinstalled the basic game, when I try to install the patch to 1.2 I get an error box "Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match." I'm running Window...
by Ossie
Jun 26 2012, 19:01

Please any modders able to help here?

assuming something went wrong with ther mod installation - is there any way to save the saved games to apply to a reinstalled mod? alternatively is there a way to edit the game so the door is opened? i can't see me bothering to start again at this late stage, esp without knowing if it will even fix ...
by Ossie
Jun 26 2012, 6:04

TCC freezes in Orpheus's Gateway???

Hi guys, playing TCC mod in Orpheus's Gateway (the old Snergle's mine map). I get to the Gateway Door (the old door with the trap) and the character carrying the Horn of Vainen clicks on the door.......and the game freezes. You see a slight flash of what is probably the Horn on the mouse pointer jus...
by Ossie
Jun 11 2012, 10:53

Now *that's bizarre. I swear that the LRoW dropped from the sky like you ocassionally see when an area respawns, when I was near the old Devils Outpost in Kreigspiere. It was certainly some sort of flower different from the normal 3 herbs. And I'd never been to the location on top of the Demonclaw m...
by Ossie
Jun 11 2012, 4:26

OK now I have qn 2 & 3!

Looking for the Last Rose of Winter for Klar. I"m pretty sure it dropped when I was walking between the volcano & what used to be Devils Outpost entrance in Kreigspiere. However I don't have it now & I must have reloaded, but it's not re-dropping. Am I in the correct place to find it? I...
by Ossie
Jun 1 2012, 23:46

You can't play both parts at the same time, so in all likelihood you are in part 1. If the setup looks like base MM6 and there are buildings anywhere in the game you are in part 1. When you finish part one then you run the part 2 installer and overwrite everything and cannot go back until you reins...
by Ossie
Jun 1 2012, 8:13

Hi guys a couple qns on the TCC mod - not sure if these have been answered previously but the search function reveals nothing: * I know the mod is in 2 parts. I'm assuming both parts are part of the one - most recent - patch? How do I tell if I have both parts installed? Don't have access to TP yet ...
by Ossie
Jan 26 2012, 11:22
Topic: MM9 loading screen fix when playing in Windows 7?
Replies: 8
Views: 9204

OK the problem is WinRez needed to run as administrator to work in Windows 7. Running WinRez as admin then following the procedure above, saving LOCAL.REZ after deleting all files there, and LOCALART.REZ after deleting all files there, worked perfectly. Thanks for the help!
by Ossie
Jan 25 2012, 21:28

Thanks for your help so far, but as I said assume I have completely no idea about "obvious" steps that haven't been specifically mentioned. This is what I have done so far: * Copied ART.REZ & LOCALART.REZ somewhere else. I'll also probably change them to ART.OLD & LOCALART.OLD in c...
by Ossie
Jan 25 2012, 7:22

I don't know - is it hard? :) This is my problem - I know literally nothing about coding so I don't want to go poking through files randomly. I'm sure what you just posted makes sense but it's Dutch to me! Hopefully someone can provide moron-version instructions for where to go, how to open, what to...
by Ossie
Jan 24 2012, 14:12

Yeah, that's pretty much the same post from the MM9 Tavern. All the links in that post - to the megaupload site - are now dead. I'm sure I could find the .REZ extracting programme somewhere else, but I'm not much of a coder, so I really need those MM9-specific instructions as to what to change, whic...
by Ossie
Jan 24 2012, 9:22

MM9 loading screen fix when playing in Windows 7?

Hi all - about 6 months ago on TELP's MM9 tavern, Cinder Raccoon posted a fix for the loading screen freeze that occurs when playing MM9 in Windows 7 through the various compatability modes. It was a workaround that stopped the game using the loading screen at all, therefore it didn't freeze, theref...

Go to advanced search