Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Tsukistar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby Tsukistar » 02 Sep 2023, 00:44

Lurdur wrote: 01 Sep 2023, 18:47 Can you speedrun yourself to Garrote Gorge? Get to the Dragon caves and see if the expert Dragon skill teacher will grant it to you. This worked the opposite way 'round for me, made a Dark Elf a Knight, then the expert DE skill teacher offered to teach me the DE ability.
Just tested it, and yeah, you're right on the money. Thank you!

Scoopser
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Scoopser » 02 Sep 2023, 08:22

justl wrote: 27 Aug 2023, 14:45 Hi,

another thing maybe no one has noticed before:

when using the spell/scroll "cure insanity" the (insane) character gets weakened after getting cast on it - you have to use cure weakness too.
Yes, that's the original MM6 (and I believe MM7 and MM8 as well) behavior; characters are weakened after being cured of insanity using the spell. Don't remember if that was the case using potions though.

Scoopser
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Scoopser » 02 Sep 2023, 08:28

Hi,

Noticed on my current playthrough (which started with clean-install using the latest August 10 patch), anytime I receive/activate this month's Bounty in the town hall, one such creature is spawned somewhere on the map, usually close to or in town. Started my playthough on Antagarich/MM7.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 02 Sep 2023, 08:36

Arch-vile wrote: 27 Aug 2023, 18:04 @Rodril
Awards for quests from Verdant.

I added awards to the file Quest_SavingGoobers.lua
They work great, but after saving and reloading the game, they no longer appear in Awards.
If you've added them with new MMExtension functionality, you also have to store them in save game data manually:

Code: Select all

function events.BeforeSaveGame()
	vars.ExtraAwards = vars.ExtraAwards or {}
	vars.ExtraAwards[...] = ... -- Store awards data
end

function events.LoadMapScripts(WasInGame)
	if not WasInGame and vars.ExtraAwards then
		-- load extra awards
	end
end
Scoopser wrote: Noticed on my current playthrough (which started with clean-install using the latest August 10 patch), anytime I receive/activate this month's Bounty in the town hall, one such creature is spawned somewhere on the map, usually close to or in town. Started my playthough on Antagarich/MM7.
This is intended merge-specific behaivor, pool of monsters is too large, so target spawned at map, where bounty hunt quest is taken.

Lurdur wrote: I swear I watched a video on youtube outlining how to add items to MMMerge last week, but I can't for the life of me find it again, even in my history it seems to have vanished. My search-fu is very weak, I bring my family great dishonour. Please, link me a tutorial and I will create this sub-mod, then I shall regain my honour! Or something like that, anyway.
Maybe this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lipriutf3SI , though some of info there might be outdated by now.

Scoopser
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Scoopser » 02 Sep 2023, 10:40

Rodril wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 08:36
Arch-vile wrote: 27 Aug 2023, 18:04
Scoopser wrote: Noticed on my current playthrough (which started with clean-install using the latest August 10 patch), anytime I receive/activate this month's Bounty in the town hall, one such creature is spawned somewhere on the map, usually close to or in town. Started my playthough on Antagarich/MM7.
This is intended merge-specific behaivor, pool of monsters is too large, so target spawned at map, where bounty hunt quest is taken.
Understood, thanks!

Btw., and sorry if already pointed out, but I also noticed this, having completed the quest line:
justl wrote: 29 Mar 2023, 19:08
Daedros wrote: 20 Feb 2019, 03:34 "Go to the Mercenary Guild in Tatalia and talk to Niles Stantley within two weeks" never leaves the Quest Log, even after completing the quest for him and more than two weeks have passed since.
this part from back in 2019 is still in effect - it has never left my questbook even after a 2022 install of base merge.

Lurdur
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lurdur » 02 Sep 2023, 18:20

Lurdur wrote: I swear I watched a video on youtube outlining how to add items to MMMerge last week, but I can't for the life of me find it again, even in my history it seems to have vanished. My search-fu is very weak, I bring my family great dishonour. Please, link me a tutorial and I will create this sub-mod, then I shall regain my honour! Or something like that, anyway.
Maybe this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lipriutf3SI , though some of info there might be outdated by now.
[/quote]

'tis indeed the one, thank you kindly!
I will die on the rock that Deyja has a Spanish J

Arch-vile
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arch-vile » 03 Sep 2023, 09:36

Rodril wrote: 02 Sep 2023, 08:36
Arch-vile wrote: 27 Aug 2023, 18:04 @Rodril
Awards for quests from Verdant.

I added awards to the file Quest_SavingGoobers.lua
They work great, but after saving and reloading the game, they no longer appear in Awards.
If you've added them with new MMExtension functionality, you also have to store them in save game data manually:

Code: Select all

function events.BeforeSaveGame()
	vars.ExtraAwards = vars.ExtraAwards or {}
	vars.ExtraAwards[...] = ... -- Store awards data
end

function events.LoadMapScripts(WasInGame)
	if not WasInGame and vars.ExtraAwards then
		-- load extra awards
	end
end
Thank you for your reply.
It's an interesting feature, but it doesn't work for quests SavingGoobers. Or I don't know how to use it yet :( I tested it on the "InfusedRod" task.

Quest_SavingGoobers.lua
---cut---

-- INFUSED ROD
AddScenario(function()
if vars.Quests["SG_InfusedRod"] == "Done" then
return false
end
Quest{
Name = "SG_InfusedRod",
NPC = VerdantNPC,
Slot = 2,
Quest = 460,
Branch = "",
CanShow = function() return QBase.GotMainQuest and QSet.GotIntro >= 2 and vars.Quests["SG_InfusedRod"] ~= "Done" end,
Texts = {
Topic = Topics[3], --"Telelocator"
Give = TXT.InfusedRod,
TopicGiven = Topics[4], --"Infused metal rod"
Undone = TXT.InRodGiven,
Done = TXT.InRodDone,
Quest = TXT.InRodQuest,
Award = "Found the Infused Metal Rod for Verdant"
},
QuestItem = 663,
Exp = 5000
}
end)

---cut---

savegame:
https://uloz.to/file/FFjlKDDKBk9p/save000-zip

BTW It is not snowing in the White Cap.

eilacomeva
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby eilacomeva » 03 Sep 2023, 21:30

A funny one: "door won't budge" using non-skeleton dragons to open a door for which you have the key (in the savegame, the golden dragon has the key)

https://ulozto.net/tamhle/LNxxENqkNLIW# ... cWJwyyLj==

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 05 Sep 2023, 06:52

eilacomeva wrote: 03 Sep 2023, 21:30 A funny one: "door won't budge" using non-skeleton dragons to open a door for which you have the key (in the savegame, the golden dragon has the key)

https://ulozto.net/tamhle/LNxxENqkNLIW# ... cWJwyyLj==
seems like a problem where the 5th char isnt checked by the game properly - wasnt there a fix not long ago?
(i can remember a similar problem from agars lab, where only the 5th character got the int-bonus from agars cauldron, instead of the selected one)
only wondering, if you use the latest update...

best regards
justl
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 06 Sep 2023, 10:20

eilacomeva wrote: 03 Sep 2023, 21:30 A funny one: "door won't budge" using non-skeleton dragons to open a door for which you have the key (in the savegame, the golden dragon has the key)
If it's in Pyramid - character should have proper Might as well.

eilacomeva
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby eilacomeva » 09 Sep 2023, 21:02

cthscr wrote: 06 Sep 2023, 10:20
If it's in Pyramid - character should have proper Might as well.
Wow you're right!

acrothrash
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby acrothrash » 10 Sep 2023, 17:44

Hi, First off, love the merge mod, it's freaking awesome! Thank you for reinvigorating a childhood favorite of mine! Need some help though and didn't know where to ask, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to use the command console to change where you start? like scorpigal to mm7 or mm8 starting town and vise-versa? I've been doing alot of digging on the internet to figure it out, but to no avail... I would really appreciate it if someone could be so kind as to give me basic pointers on how to achieve this... Thanks :)

joanthedark
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby joanthedark » 11 Sep 2023, 02:37

acrothrash wrote: 10 Sep 2023, 17:44 Hi, First off, love the merge mod, it's freaking awesome! Thank you for reinvigorating a childhood favorite of mine! Need some help though and didn't know where to ask, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to use the command console to change where you start? like scorpigal to mm7 or mm8 starting town and vise-versa? I've been doing alot of digging on the internet to figure it out, but to no avail... I would really appreciate it if someone could be so kind as to give me basic pointers on how to achieve this... Thanks :)
I only know how to appear on Emerald Island (MM7 Starting Point) because that's what I needed at one point in time during my playthrough, so I can't speak for the other starting areas:

Open debug console with ctrl+f1 and paste the following:
evt[0].MoveToMap{0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,"7out01.odm"}

With this info maybe you can try experimenting yourself from here on, my idea would be to test changing "7out01.odm" with "6out01.odm" or "8out01.odm" and see if it works.

I do believe it would be helpful for everyone (newcomers and veterans alike) to have a tutorial that teaches you how to use the console, or a console command sheet text file with the basic and most used commands, such as how to generate X item, how to cast X spell, how to move to a certain location through coordinates, and so on. Perhaps Rodril or cthscr could provide one in the future.

acrothrash
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby acrothrash » 11 Sep 2023, 04:15

Hey, thanks Joanthedark, I appreciate the quick and helpful reply! I can confirm "7out01" results in mm7 campaign and just to help anyone else out If you replace "7out01" with "out01" in your command you get dagger wound isle start, and if you replace "7out01" with "oute3" you get MM6 sorpigal start. I had to dig through my install and i found a folder called Data then Blockmaps and it had a bunch of bin files that seems to be the files for various locations of the game. I hope this information is useful!

Cheers!
-Acrothrash

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 11 Sep 2023, 21:08

How long should it take for a Dragon Hatchling to grow up? It's taking up an NPC slot
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 12 Sep 2023, 12:53

Macros the Black wrote: 11 Sep 2023, 21:08 How long should it take for a Dragon Hatchling to grow up?
Month (and 100+ food).

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 12 Sep 2023, 12:56

acrothrash wrote: 11 Sep 2023, 04:15 Hey, thanks Joanthedark, I appreciate the quick and helpful reply! I can confirm "7out01" results in mm7 campaign and just to help anyone else out If you replace "7out01" with "out01" in your command you get dagger wound isle start, and if you replace "7out01" with "oute3" you get MM6 sorpigal start.
Data/mmmerge.T.lod -> MapStats.txt
https://gitlab.com/cthscr/mmmerge-data/ ... pStats.txt

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 12 Sep 2023, 19:38

cthscr wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 12:53
Macros the Black wrote: 11 Sep 2023, 21:08 How long should it take for a Dragon Hatchling to grow up?
Month (and 100+ food).
It's been months and it doesn't want more food. I can click on "Join" but it just says "Hatchling is too young to join you". It did let me choose a name for it at one point, should it have gone to the adventurer's inn at that point? Idk, it was a bit weird.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 13 Sep 2023, 08:46

Macros the Black wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 19:38 It's been months and it doesn't want more food. I can click on "Join" but it just says "Hatchling is too young to join you". It did let me choose a name for it at one point, should it have gone to the adventurer's inn at that point? Idk, it was a bit weird.
Do you have free mercenary slot? 'NPCFollowers.HaveFreeMerc()' in debug console. If not, you might need to remove someone from Adv. Inn.

joanthedark
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby joanthedark » 14 Sep 2023, 11:13

Macros the Black wrote: 11 Sep 2023, 21:08 How long should it take for a Dragon Hatchling to grow up? It's taking up an NPC slot
Which quest is this? I don't remember a Dragon Hatchling quest (only remember Dragon Egg Quest in MM7), is it Merge related?

Return to “Might and Magic”