Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
User avatar
Caligula Wellington
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 36
Joined: 28 Jan 2021

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby Caligula Wellington » 28 Mar 2023, 20:30

The folder called Scripts. The one I shall replace. I got the one from the base merge, but the branches only have Data and DataFiles. There should be a third one called Scripts.

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 259
Joined: 19 Jul 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby Eksekk » 29 Mar 2023, 13:54

I just downloaded all branch & base files from here and every single one from them contains scripts, and other folders in addition to those you have. What program do you use to open archives? What are the modification dates of the files you do have inside archives (please download them again, and don't extract but only check date)?
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

User avatar
Caligula Wellington
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 36
Joined: 28 Jan 2021

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby Caligula Wellington » 29 Mar 2023, 18:29

7-zip. It has always worked before. There is a scriptfolder for the base, but the extensions only have Data and Datafiles.

So I'm going to try something else. To manually move a script folder from my older laptop. I have no idea what goes wrong when I download, but I could still transfer it manually with an USB.

I downloaded from this:

Revamp (master branch of my repo)

https://gitlab.com/cthscr/mmmerge/-/arc ... master.zip

The Rodil Fixes contains a script folder. But I was aiming for the revamp. At least I could get it running that way.
Last edited by Caligula Wellington on 29 Mar 2023, 18:49, edited 1 time in total.

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 259
Joined: 19 Jul 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby Eksekk » 29 Mar 2023, 18:40

You have probably some overactive program which is being "helpful" and removing anything that can potentially be malicious (lua scripts & dlls) without letting you know. Try different browser. Maybe it's some browser extension?

BTW, you should move all other folders in archive, just to be sure. In particular, I'm almost sure that revamp uses newer MMExtension (that is, ExeMods folder).
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

User avatar
Caligula Wellington
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 36
Joined: 28 Jan 2021

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby Caligula Wellington » 29 Mar 2023, 18:50

Thanks. That's probably it then. There was really few files that needed to be replaced, from what I can remember.

User avatar
justl
Demon
Demon
Posts: 347
Joined: 26 Dec 2017

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 16.02.2019]

Unread postby justl » 29 Mar 2023, 19:08

Daedros wrote: 20 Feb 2019, 03:34 "Go to the Mercenary Guild in Tatalia and talk to Niles Stantley within two weeks" never leaves the Quest Log, even after completing the quest for him and more than two weeks have passed since.
this part from back in 2019 is still in effect - it has never left my questbook even after a 2022 install of base merge.
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

masterserge379
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 8
Joined: 01 Apr 2023

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby masterserge379 » 01 Apr 2023, 09:10

When moving from MM6 to MM7 or MM8, you will be teleported to random locations. I heard that in the ini.files I can set up specific teleportation locations, but I can't find how. Tell me who knows, please.

masterserge379
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 8
Joined: 01 Apr 2023

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.07.2021]

Unread postby masterserge379 » 01 Apr 2023, 10:25

m&m_fan wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 17:18 I got through my previous issue of items not loading chests by just reloading my save prior to the end of the game and bringing the needed items into the next game. I'm having another issue now though. I played through MM7 and I'm going through MM6 now. I've completed all the high council quests, but when I try to enter the high council building the game crashes. There is no prompt or error, when I try to enter the building it's like I clicked quit and the game closes. Any ideas?

Edit: Loaded a prior save and the High Council was already completed before I even attempted any of the quests. Did completing them again mess something up..?
The same problem. After finishing with mm6, 7, 8 and additional quests I started the game with the same party from New Sorpigal. I completed high counsi`ls quests but when I was tried to visit High Council i became crash.

User avatar
justl
Demon
Demon
Posts: 347
Joined: 26 Dec 2017

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby justl » 02 Apr 2023, 15:47

Hi,

i noticed one thing in the land of giants/mm7:

the megadragon (only one of its kind) is only as strong (maybe a little weaker) as a bolstered red mm7-dragon.
shouldnt there be a little more "tweak" to make the mega-dragon mega again?

best regards,
justl
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 259
Joined: 19 Jul 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby Eksekk » 02 Apr 2023, 18:33

justl wrote: 02 Apr 2023, 15:47 Hi,

i noticed one thing in the land of giants/mm7:

the megadragon (only one of its kind) is only as strong (maybe a little weaker) as a bolstered red mm7-dragon.
shouldnt there be a little more "tweak" to make the mega-dragon mega again?

best regards,
justl
Grayface patch fixed this (and several other things), but unfortunately Merge doesn't seem to have these changes installed :/
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

User avatar
justl
Demon
Demon
Posts: 347
Joined: 26 Dec 2017

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby justl » 05 Apr 2023, 15:20

Eksekk wrote: 02 Apr 2023, 18:33
justl wrote: 02 Apr 2023, 15:47 Hi,

i noticed one thing in the land of giants/mm7:

the megadragon (only one of its kind) is only as strong (maybe a little weaker) as a bolstered red mm7-dragon.
shouldnt there be a little more "tweak" to make the mega-dragon mega again?

best regards,
justl
Grayface patch fixed this (and several other things), but unfortunately Merge doesn't seem to have these changes installed :/
yeah, but that was a mm7-only patch, that didnt never made its way into the merge (cause it was long before the merge happened).
anyone ever asked grayface to implement those changes, which rodril and others didnt include here, again for the merge?

best regards
justl
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

troufiniou
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 1
Joined: 15 Apr 2023

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby troufiniou » 15 Apr 2023, 09:51

Hello to all

I never had the opportunity to play Might and Magic 6 and 7 (but I did spend hours on 8).

I have followed the tutorial to access the world of 6, 7 and 8 but I'm stuck. I am a French player. I wanted to install the fr pack by following the tutorials but the game is only half translated. The character sheet alone is in English (which blocks me quite a bit). Is the localization not good anymore because of the updates? Can I do anything to solve this problem?

Thanks

User avatar
Treesprite17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 16
Joined: 12 Mar 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby Treesprite17 » 21 Apr 2023, 14:52

Does the character/race unlocker still work with this mod? Im using the 'Revamp (updated to Pack 2022-01-04)' patch version linked on page 1 (though im unsure what this version even does as i cant find any specific notes, but it seems to be the only version getting updates now)

But when trying to use the race/class unlocker all the classes/races on character creation go a bit all over the place. I have the likes of 'Master Archer 3' with no description box and no option even to select a vampires even when starting on Jadame and choosing a vampire portrait.

Not sure if im doing something wrong

User avatar
Treesprite17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 16
Joined: 12 Mar 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby Treesprite17 » 21 Apr 2023, 15:31

Treesprite17 wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 14:52 Does the character/race unlocker still work with this mod? Im using the 'Revamp (updated to Pack 2022-01-04)' patch version linked on page 1 (though im unsure what this version even does as i cant find any specific notes, but it seems to be the only version getting updates now)

But when trying to use the race/class unlocker all the classes/races on character creation go a bit all over the place. I have the likes of 'Master Archer 3' with no description box and no option even to select a vampires even when starting on Jadame and choosing a vampire portrait.

Not sure if im doing something wrong
It seems to still function with Rodril's version of the patch so I have uninstalled the revamp and gone back to using that instead.

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 259
Joined: 19 Jul 2016

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby Eksekk » 21 Apr 2023, 16:41

Treesprite17 wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 15:31 It seems to still function with Rodril's version of the patch so I have uninstalled the revamp and gone back to using that instead.
IIRC Revamp has built-in support for classes/races separation. Make sure to test that you have no obvious bugs with unlocker, as it was last updated few years ago AFAIK.
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

User avatar
Kinox
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 97
Joined: 14 Sep 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby Kinox » 23 Apr 2023, 08:11

Hi. Just reporting some strange behavior/bug that happened in Base Merge. Couldn't reproduce it so far.

All the Antagarich (MM7) first 3 kings' halls, but most notoriously the one in Stone City (as the 2 other ones in Tularean Forest and Erathia would probably had remained closed by default at this stage), remained closed even after the completion of the Quest of clearing up Castle Harmondale from the Goblins —by delivering it to the Butler. Meaning game progression was deeply compromised. I've started on Jadame (MM8) by the way.

The tests I've made had that such behavior didn't seem to have nothing to do with:
→ a previous completion of the Troglodytes Quest in the mines of Stone City before everything.
→ a delivery of the Letter (from the Historian in Erathia demanding the Quill) to Lord Markham taking the Quill, except while he is found in Emerald Island.
→ leaving Emerald Island after completing the Contestants' Quest but without using the Ship (the cinematic then shall occur whenever getting in Harmondale Map Region).

I actually suspect it might be related either to:
→ Main Quests done from Jadame and/or Enroth previously to the Contestants' Quest.
→ Swapped Characters in the Party, ¿so they might not have the proper… Award for vising the Dwarf King?
→ Time issue (unlikely): ¿too late?
→ (?)

Thanks for any feedback. Maybe someone else had experienced this.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 594
Joined: 12 Jan 2020

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby cthscr » 25 Apr 2023, 20:38

Maslyonok wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 08:16
cthscr wrote: 10 Mar 2023, 20:50 Localizations aren't compatible with Revamp. And probably wouldn't for quite a time - Revamp has additional resources that localizations will try to overwrite and dismiss. Notable exception is Russian localization for Revamp, though It'll be broken as well soon (well, I hope soon).
Haha, thanks... But would be there a list of changes so I'll be able to adjust localization according to them?
Well, I have something even before that.
I've reinvented the wheel and did something similar to what Tom Chen has done earlier - created gettext po files. Therefore I know, for example, you haven't provided translated MM7History.txt. And there were changes in roster.txt classes that aren't reflected in translation. And have skipped a line in spcitems.txt (and messed the following lines because of this, leaving the last untranslated [that's how I catched it]).

Code: Select all

#: SPCITEMS.TXT:95
msgctxt "bonus-desc"
msgid "Adds 4-10 points of Spirit damage."
msgstr "Добавляет 4-10 points of Mind damage."
Don't take it as I criticize or underestimate your work. I just happy that at least several possible problems of translations could be detected. And shouldn't happen anymore when we switch to po files. Though there's enough of work to do before.

ru.po
creation log
untranslated (output of 'msgattrib --untranslated ru.po')

Script used to produce: https://gitlab.com/cthscr/mmmerge-utils ... zzL10n.lua
Commands (from debug console):

Code: Select all

-- Generate localized 2DEvents.txt
Merge.Functions.GenerateTxtTable("po/src_ru/", "2DEvents.txt", "po/src_ru/LocalizeTables.RU_2DEvents.txt", 1, 1, {[6] = 2, [7] = 3, [8] = 4}, 3)
-- Generate localized ITEMS.txt
Merge.Functions.GenerateTxtTable("po/src_ru/", "ITEMS.txt", "po/src_ru/LocalizeTables.RU_ItemsTxt.txt", 1, 1, {[3] = 2, [11] = 3, [17] = 4}, 4)
-- Generate localized MONSTERS.txt
Merge.Functions.GenerateTxtTable("po/src_ru/", "MONSTERS.txt", "po/src_ru/LocalizeTables.RU_Monsters.txt", 1, 2, {[2] = 4}, 5)
-- Generate ru.po from localized txt files
Merge.Functions.GeneratePo("ru", "po/src_ru/")
-- Generate translated txt files with ru.po
Merge.Functions.GenerateTranslatedTxt("ru", "po/ru/")
Original txt and str files from mmmerge,T.lod, revamp.T.lod and DataFiles were put into 'mmmerge.T.lod' directory.
Txt and str files from translation were put into 'po/src_ru' directory.
Final txt and str files (produced by last command) were written into 'po/ru' directory.

User avatar
justl
Demon
Demon
Posts: 347
Joined: 26 Dec 2017

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby justl » 01 May 2023, 06:45

Hi there,

its been a long time since I did a complete go through with all 3 continents and the breach.
Now I am at it again, but i cant find my 5th companion in the breach anymore.

I already found the ones in the dark versions of Castle Ironfist, the Merchants guild in Alvar and the Alvarian Ogre Fort.

Any idea where #5 could be? (I couldnt find #5 in the southwest castle like thing with the mages and not in the middle or the structure in the middle.

Is there also some kind of walkthrough for the breach?

Best regards,
justl
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

masterserge379
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 8
Joined: 01 Apr 2023

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby masterserge379 » 01 May 2023, 16:41

justl wrote: 01 May 2023, 06:45 Hi there,

its been a long time since I did a complete go through with all 3 continents and the breach.
Now I am at it again, but i cant find my 5th companion in the breach anymore.

I already found the ones in the dark versions of Castle Ironfist, the Merchants guild in Alvar and the Alvarian Ogre Fort.

Any idea where #5 could be? (I couldnt find #5 in the southwest castle like thing with the mages and not in the middle or the structure in the middle.

Is there also some kind of walkthrough for the breach?

Best regards,
justl
I had a similar problem. It turned out the following. If you do not kill the monsters near the southwestern castle, then they will attack the golems, magicians and also the character 5. As a result, I saw him killed. After another attempt, I acted quickly and managed to find my character 5 alive.

User avatar
justl
Demon
Demon
Posts: 347
Joined: 26 Dec 2017

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby justl » 01 May 2023, 17:35

masterserge379 wrote: 01 May 2023, 16:41
justl wrote: 01 May 2023, 06:45 Hi there,

its been a long time since I did a complete go through with all 3 continents and the breach.
Now I am at it again, but i cant find my 5th companion in the breach anymore.

I already found the ones in the dark versions of Castle Ironfist, the Merchants guild in Alvar and the Alvarian Ogre Fort.

Any idea where #5 could be? (I couldnt find #5 in the southwest castle like thing with the mages and not in the middle or the structure in the middle.

Is there also some kind of walkthrough for the breach?

Best regards,
justl
I had a similar problem. It turned out the following. If you do not kill the monsters near the southwestern castle, then they will attack the golems, magicians and also the character 5. As a result, I saw him killed. After another attempt, I acted quickly and managed to find my character 5 alive.
Thx i already found him - I also helped in killing him *sigh* in the first place (I checked via cheat-engine how his status was - wasnt listed as dead).
In the plaza before that one tower, I was going around doing the space-key hammering, then he answered to join up - so probably a failsafe to not killing him "for good".
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Semrush [Bot] and 8 guests