A Dawn of war (RPG Forum)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 27 Sep 2007, 19:23

Mitsu observes the interaction quietly at first. "First I do not think it wise to remain here for long, as I am sure our friend that escaped will be bringing back reinforcements. Second, I do not think now is the time to argue about this. Lastly I do not think he is insane, I think he is cursed. However, I believe we should assist this individual." she heads over to Elvin. "May I see you over here for a minute?"

A private conversation is held, magic used to make sure nobody is listening.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 27 Sep 2007, 21:56

I was shocked when I saw Titan in front of me, I thought I was the only one outside the lodge. "Heh, silly me...", I said to myself.

I grabbed the blanket that he tossed over. "Thanks for this, Titan." I heave a smile on him expressing my gratitude. As I cover myself with it, I asked him, "By the way, why are you here? You should grab some ale too, like them." I pinned my sight at the people inside the lodge especially to Onyx.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 28 Sep 2007, 00:02

I look at Moon.

"Seems like our resident mage has a crush. What got into her all of a sudden?"

I then place my hand on Moon's hand. Then, I pull it away quickly and blush.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 28 Sep 2007, 01:04

((if this gets anymore lovey-dovey I might just puke))

"interesting, wonder what those two are upto ...." I wonder as I head off to scout our way
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 28 Sep 2007, 01:18

((Obviously, they are dating.))

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 28 Sep 2007, 01:25

(( :vomit: ))

((no more ot I promise))

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 28 Sep 2007, 04:21

I have very good hearing, so hearing the comment made to herself shouldn't be too hard for me to hear. It doesn't matter to me, however.

"I was out for a ride with Nuvlihr and visiting Caratra. It was dull in there, and they aren't very entertaining. And don't want anything to drink."

I ask no questions in return. I just sit in my cart.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 28 Sep 2007, 05:28

Moon just raises an eyebrow at Fate's advance. "Keep your eye on the prize." She gets up, winks, and walks outside to find Ceres and Titan.

She watches Titan lying in the animated cart, gently rocking back and forth. She opens her mouth to ask a question, but stops, and just turns away to Ceres.

"Hey Ceres, why are you out here?" shes asks with a rare softness in her voice. She looks where Ceres's gaze falls. "Ah... I see."

She sits down next to the mage. "A little distracted hmmm??? So which one is it?"

Back inside the lodge, the hunters, Jade, and Onyx are discussing traveling to Forsthold. From the sounds of it, the group will be heading out shortly. Brock has disappeared for the moment... his lady-friends are nowhere to be seen either.

"So it's settled then," Bear says in a gruff voice. "We'll take you to Frosthold tomorrow. You had better get some rest. The journey only gets worse from here on out."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the trek continues, the landscape becomes worse. Every piece of vegetation in sight is black and charred. The air has grown foul and dark clouds hang over the troupe, raining uneasiness down upon them. It's unnaturally quiet; all that can heard are wheels rolling down the road accompanied by the clomps of hoofs.

"You know, I've been thinking about our new passenger," Saphire announces to Vlad and Sun from the passenger side of the wagon, "and I've noticed something."

"That it was a bad idea to pick him up?" Sun mumbles to herself.

"He seems to 'reset' if we ask him anything too personal," Saphire continues.

Sun looks at Saphire increduously. "What? That doesn't make any sense. How can a person 'reset' themself?"

"Observe. First I'll ask him something about the surrounding area. Then I'll ask him something personal. He'll be fine until we ask him about himself or his wife. Then he'll 'reset' and ask if we have seen her." Saphire states as she turns around to the Blind Man.

"Excuse me Mr. Man, have you seen any monsters around these parts, or anything out of the ordinary?" asks the bard.

The cold helmet turns to her voice. "Yes. There are several terrible creatures out here. The worst are the dravens." he says mechanically.

Saphire looks concerned. "Dravens? Did you say dravens?"

"Yes," replies the Blind Man. "They hunt me."

"Why do they hunt you?" Sun asks, her curiosity piqued.

The man is silent and just sits there. Sun looks put-off by the action. "Hey, I asked you a question. Why do the dravens hunt you?"

The metallic voice responds. "I do not know. I need to find my wife."

"See what I mean?" Saphire boasts as Sun flaps the reigns of the horses up and down.

"This is going to be a long journey" she sighs.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 28 Sep 2007, 05:48

I return to the group .... "I'm gonna stay fairly close, there are some very distrubing signs around the place, more than just the desolate and foreboding landscape to be sure .... tracks, and the air fairly reeks of danger .... be on your guard."

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 28 Sep 2007, 06:03

For a short time, I don't say anything. But then I slowly turn my head to face the Blind Man. "Uh, sir, I don't suppose you could take your helmet off for a moment could you? Something about the workmanship looks familiar." ((that's a lie))
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 28 Sep 2007, 06:33

"Caratra? Who's Caratra, by the way?" I asked in puzzlement but still with my eyes stuck on Onyx. But as I hear Moon's voice I spun to her, "Hey Moon!"

I scratch my head trying to comprehend her question. "Ah... well...", I said timidly,"...well... I guess you know...", I paused for a second thinking to divert the conversation, "Ah maybe you're feeling cold, want some share of the blanket?"

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 28 Sep 2007, 06:57

"No thanks. The cold doesn't bother me very much." Moon catches the diversion, but doesn't follow through with that line of inquiry. "Are you feeling ok Ceres? I know you've been through a lot and I was wondering if you wanted to talk about anything."

It's now dusk and lightly snowing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I can not take off the helmet," responds the Blind Man.

"You can't?" asks Saphire.

"No. I have always worn it."

"But how do you eat and drink?" continues the bard.

"I feel no hunger and I feel no thirst."

Saphire just looks at him for a minute. "I see..." She turns to Vlad again and just shrugs.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 28 Sep 2007, 08:02

"I understand you mentioned Dravens, can you enlighten us as to what these creatures are?

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 28 Sep 2007, 17:27

With a slight bit of a sarcastic tone, "Well Saph, you could always-" I pantomime yanking the helmet off. "or not."
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 28 Sep 2007, 19:34

"Horrible creatures that are immune to everything but the holiest of weapons. They stalk their prey for days, reveling in the misery they cause their target by keeping them in constant fear. If you see one, run." The Blind Man's voice sends shivers down Stefan's spine. Sun leans over to her companion "But how has he survived so long if they are out here?"

Saphire takes Vlad up on his suggestion and slowly creeps up to the Blind Man and places two hands on his helmet.

"I would not advise it" something whispers.

But it's too late; she starts to yell. "My hands!" She struggles to pull them away but cannot. "What- what are you doing to me?!"

A face appears in the helmet and looks right at her. "Should have listened to the fool, girl." Dark energy crawls up her arms and she begins to shriek in agony. "Didn't your mother ever tell you not to touch?" The face begins to laugh and with a crack, releases Saphire from its grasp. She falls to the wagon floor, completely unconscious.

Sun stops the wagon and pulls a knife on the Blind Man. "What have you done to her?!" she demands.

The Blind Man remains unphased as he just sits there. "What have I done to who? I'm just looking for my wife."

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 28 Sep 2007, 20:15

"[expletive]!" I quickly dismount from Darla and scramble into the wagon to check on Saphire. As I'm climbing in I mutter to myself, "Note to self: Don't talk anymore."

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 28 Sep 2007, 21:58

I smirk at Moon's answer and sit quietly in the tavern, thinking random thoughts.

Suddenly, I get up from my chair and say:

"Ok. I'm going to go get some rest. Tomorrow's the big day!"

Smiling, I go to bed.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 28 Sep 2007, 23:28

"ok, well it's probably safe to say that the helmet and maybe even the armour is part of the problem here .... now I wonder how we could get that off ...."

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 29 Sep 2007, 04:12

"Moon... I... ah really want to talk about a lot of things." I said to her beaming, "I know that I haven't had real conversations with you guys all these time. Well, I'm sorry for that. You know we've been very busy fighting a lot back then.", I managed to chuckle a bit.

"And...", I spun my eyes again to Onyx and sigh heavily, "Onyx, I've been watching him since then. He is an amazing and fine man. And all this time all I wanted to do is express my feelings for him," another sigh comes out "But my chance...really, really never came...", suddenly sadness can be seen all over my face. My eyes were filled with tears trying to fall down.

I look at Moon again and said, "Thank you guys, for being good to me... And I'm sorry, for being selfi-" My breath dropped like it doesn't want any words to come out.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 29 Sep 2007, 18:06

Mitsu sighs. "Do you have an object that belonged to your wife, or something that she thought valuable? I think we should camp here and fortify ourselfs just in case of an attack, but might as well help you find your wife."

She prepairs some delayed fog pellets, cast a Shelter spell, and puts up some alarms and trip spells. A locate spell is an easy cast, even Saphire should be able to cast one, but Mitsu will try at least. If not maybe a Scry spell will turn up something.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Return to “Campfire”