Multiplayer for MMMerge [beta 14.01.2024/4]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
N7Kopper
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Multiplayer for MMMerge [beta 14.01.2024/4]

Unread postby N7Kopper » 08 Jun 2024, 07:39

Well, I ran into this little problem when testing my new hardware for MP - and it retroactively found its way onto my old laptop which was working perfectly well the last time I even touched multiplayer. Not only this, but attempts at connecting fail too - the client crashes out on my LAN. This is with both the Latest and Stable versions, AND both on my current save file and a new game. (New game changes the appearance to the default Mercenary as expected)

Can anyone tell me EVERYWHERE the multiplayer mod makes save files so that I might get to the bottom of this and fix my game? (The single player component works perfectly well, both on the old and new installations) - and if it's a problem with making the executable 64_BIT_AWARE... I'll get back to you on that. I did keep a backup. Just confirmed that being 64 bit aware has nothing to do with it. Am now at a complete loss. ;)

Here are the logs. Might need packet capture for this one... maybe.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 09 Jun 2024, 00:11

furion001 wrote: 02 Jun 2024, 15:58 Hey! Just thought I'd pop in here to ask for help with something,

I am attempting to add an entirely new monster with it's sole purpose to be a puppet.
Hello. I believe, you've done everything right. I assume, you've added new monster at the end of MONSTERS.txt file. If so, try to alter line 637 of "Scripts\Modules\Multiplayer\UI\Menu.lua" file, change it from

Code: Select all

local limit = Game.MonstersTxt.count - 3
to

local limit = Game.MonstersTxt.count
Probably I've cut service monsters, but it should not be necessary.

N7Kopper wrote: Well, I ran into this little problem when testing my new hardware for MP - and it retroactively found its way onto my old laptop which was working perfectly well the last time I even touched multiplayer.
At first glance it looks like problem with DirectX7 support of modern drivers. I did not encounter this myself. Try to launch the game in software mode and tell me if it works. Also send me "ErrorLog.txt" from your game folder, please, hard crashes are logged there.
Related to multiplayer data, there are two files in "Saves" folder: "MultiplayerAutosave.bin" and "MultiplayerGames.bin", also some data is stored in save game files directly, you can access it via debug console, once saved game loaded. To erase it:

vars.Multiplayer = nil
vars.MultiplayerGameData = nil
vars.MultiplayerMapData = nil
It will erase all host saved data about previos session participants.

furion001
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby furion001 » 09 Jun 2024, 04:01

Rodril wrote: 09 Jun 2024, 00:11 Hello. I believe, you've done everything right. I assume, you've added new monster at the end of MONSTERS.txt file. If so, try to alter line 637 of "Scripts\Modules\Multiplayer\UI\Menu.lua" file, change it from

local limit = Game.MonstersTxt.count - 3
to

local limit = Game.MonstersTxt.count
Probably I've cut service monsters, but it should not be necessary.
That seemed to have done the trick, simply removing "- 3" from that line did cause an out of bounds error and crash. I opted instead to try "- 1" and everything seems to be working fine now as long as I have a dummy entry at the end of the list. (I assume that's why there are so many zReactors) Appreciate it Rod! :D

CATMAN
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby CATMAN » 18 Jun 2024, 03:41

Usermodmissingmaybe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Usermodmissingmaybe » 27 Jun 2024, 13:31

what is the typical troubleshooting for players that can host a game, but can't join and vice versa?

CATMAN
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

...enroth identity: decentralized cooperative experience...

Unread postby CATMAN » Yesterday, 16:32

...anticipation in the tavern, a symphony of clinking tankards and boisterous laughter punctuated by the crackling fire. The patrons, a motley crew of adventurers, merchants, and artisans, all had heard the whispers. A new age was dawning in the World of Enroth, an age of decentralized cooperation, where the lines between player and host blurred into a vibrant tapestry woven by the collective will of the people.

The whispers spoke of a revolutionary mod, a force that would reshape the very fabric of the game. No longer would the players be beholden to a central server, a puppet master pulling the strings of their adventures. Instead, each player would become a node in a vast, interconnected network, a living, breathing ecosystem of collaborative play.

The heart of this mod lay in a decentralized ledger, a digital tapestry woven from the actions of every participant. Every quest undertaken, every monster slain, every item crafted would be recorded, not in a centralized database, but in the collective memory of the players themselves. This ledger, known as the "Enroth Chronicle," was the lifeblood of the game, a constantly evolving record of the shared world.

The composition of the participants would be as dynamic as the winds of Enroth itself. Players could join and leave the network at will, their contributions leaving an indelible mark on the ever-shifting landscape. Each player would be granted a unique "Enroth Identity," a digital avatar that represented their unique role in the game.

This "Enroth Identity" was more than just a name; it was a living, breathing entity that evolved with the player's actions. Each quest completed, each monster slain, each skill mastered contributed to the growth of their identity, unlocking new abilities and granting access to previously hidden content.

The mod would introduce a system of "shared resources," allowing players to pool their collective resources to create truly epic endeavors. Imagine, for instance, a group of players banding together to construct a colossal fortress, its walls shimmering with the combined efforts of dozens of skilled artisans. Or perhaps, a collective quest to slay a legendary dragon, the victory celebrated across the land, the spoils distributed amongst those who contributed to its downfall.

The possibilities were endless, limited only by the imagination of the players. The World of Enroth would become a living, breathing entity, shaped by the collective will of its inhabitants. No longer would the game be a static, unchanging experience; it would evolve and grow alongside its players, a testament to the power of decentralized...

Return to “Might and Magic”