Search found 106 matches

by juventas
12 Jul 2006, 00:10
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Casters in melee
Replies: 51
Views: 14341

@juventas You can argue with someone without caring about the outcome, the thing is that you'll probably quit after you see he isn't convinced after a short time. I know my post was a little long, but I already addressed this. If they don't care (about the arguing), then they will drop the argument...
by juventas
11 Jul 2006, 22:46

Link doesn't work. And ingame leadership only grants morale bonuses, so no organizing involved. :tongue: That link is merriam-webster.com. The coma messed it up, just like the period will. Go to that site and look it up. Definition 2b says that morale is also a measure of cohesiveness. Organizing m...
by juventas
11 Jul 2006, 15:59

Vampires and liches get exhilirated and fearful in fantasy literature I always hated that. Dead bodies = no physical effect from emotions. Their fear/joy should be entirely mental, cold and logical, and not affect them like it would a living being. They should argue without getting angry, get hurt ...
by juventas
11 Jul 2006, 15:11

Vampires and liches get exhilirated and fearful in fantasy literature, and since most of this is based on literature, I think we should go with that. In addition, morale isn't simply whether or not they are confident; it represents how well the units "get along" because of the calibre of t...
by juventas
09 Jul 2006, 04:54
Topic: Heroes V Lore Discussion *Spoiler*
Replies: 137
Views: 30569

Now here's the question: how did Markal manage to kill the angels? They're supposed to be immortal, it's just they ascend to heaven after "death". The question is how he managed to get their wings. Cause if a creature has a soul they never actualy die. Maybe even the angels leave a body b...
by juventas
08 Jul 2006, 22:05
Topic: Is there any way to remove 'Week of The .....' feature ?
Replies: 38
Views: 9797

But luck is so fun! Sure it is soo fun to get no resources the whole week,yet have tons of armies to buy,and the next week becomes the week of plague so you get two weeks populations down the drain!Fun,fun,fun!!! Yeah, it sucks considering the computer players will always have enough resources to b...
by juventas
07 Jul 2006, 22:56
Topic: phantom forces
Replies: 43
Views: 11972

I vote for delay initiative of PF'ed stacks and trade places with firewall in terms of spell level.
by juventas
05 Jul 2006, 22:43
Topic: Heroes V Lore Discussion *Spoiler*
Replies: 137
Views: 30569

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Marzhin wrote:Not only horses, elephants and lizards, but also huge armies as well ;)
Its a nifty little feature known as the hero chaining.Its what separates heroes from ordinary people :devil:
If they never had their armies with them, then, since heroes can't die, it would have been an automatic win!
by juventas
03 Jul 2006, 22:57
Topic: #Why can't I learn/cast...
Replies: 6
Views: 2658

Check out Zoltan's special ability. There is a chance every time you cast a spell that Zoltan will prevent you from casting that spell again during that battle.
by juventas
03 Jul 2006, 01:48
Topic: The artifact situation has gotten out of hand...
Replies: 36
Views: 9734

Meh. Making another artifact with the same icon with a toally different effect would look far more unfinished to me. Not to mention confusing. "Oh, YES! I really need more knowledge, thank Nival for that Dwarven helm.. " "... wait a second, this one gives spellpower!?" In the ho...
by juventas
03 Jul 2006, 01:43
Topic: My Necropolis Guide
Replies: 69
Views: 22767

i got that, i can do math =P my question is: why do you think that a/b is more representative than b/a ? (keeping a and b as you defined them of course). Alright, sorry about that. I didn't mean to be patronizing or anything. But think about this: what do the ratios mean? a/b means "how much f...
by juventas
02 Jul 2006, 23:53

If you take an arbitrary statistic called speed ratio = (your speed)/(enemy speed), decreasing the denominator is always better than increasing the numerator by the same proportion why not the opposite stat? EDIT: on topic... well, if you guys are perfectly happy that a "necro guide" is n...
by juventas
02 Jul 2006, 23:46
Topic: Current state of Ashan? *spoilers*
Replies: 18
Views: 4356

It didn't really look like Kha-Beleth died... It was more of a "Muahahahaha! I'll be back!" kind of exit.
by juventas
02 Jul 2006, 22:58
Topic: The artifact situation has gotten out of hand...
Replies: 36
Views: 9734

I don't get it. It can't take that much money and manpower to come up with artifacts.
by juventas
02 Jul 2006, 22:41

Given the tremendously high initiative of the Inferno units, and the fact that Light is never resisted, it appears clear that Light is much better. Now, is it worth it to specialize in a school whose spells you're not sure to get... i don't know =) I'm sure in practice light magic is more powerful ...
by juventas
02 Jul 2006, 13:37

As a matter of fact (and a little out of topic), I find carefully built Inferno heroes with light magic practically unstoppable in MP, especially when they have resurrection and lots of cerberi and nightmares.. A hard combination to have, inferno and light, but once you get it it is worth it... You...
by juventas
29 Jun 2006, 23:08
Topic: Famous Battles - Tell Us About Yours!
Replies: 21
Views: 6839

Isabel has one castle. You have like five. Who benefits more of the time passing? I couldn't win that fight at first, but after having walked Zehir around to max him out, Isabel was easy. To bad I didn't walk Godric around as well, he would have needed it. I don't think Isabel trains her troops. I ...
by juventas
19 Jun 2006, 03:34
Topic: Arcane Omniscience
Replies: 20
Views: 6842

I agree with you mostly, Psychobabble, except for a few points: 1) I think attack and defense are useful for any tier creature, just as attack or defense from the hero are (+7 is not trivial). 2) Also, gremlins have pretty high initiative, so a percent increase would yield fairly good results. So ev...
by juventas
19 Jun 2006, 03:29
Topic: When will Patch 1.2 be out?
Replies: 35
Views: 9289

some would say that Rage of the Elements is very useful, and im sure there are some people who think of UC as useless. either way, if Ubi thinks it needs to be balanced, it will be balanced in one of the future patches/expansion. Well, it's not so much that Rage of Elements isn't useful. It's more ...
by juventas
19 Jun 2006, 02:20
Topic: When will Patch 1.2 be out?
Replies: 35
Views: 9289

Is there going to be any balancing of the racial ultimates; ie. from useless ones no one ever tries to get (rage of the elements) to must-haves (Urgash's call)?

Go to advanced search