When will Patch 1.2 be out?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 18 Jun 2006, 21:03

maps half the size? i think you need another game cause heroes just isnt that fast.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Jun 2006, 21:10

MrSteamTank wrote: Then you could actually battle an enemy hero in the first 20 minutes. Not having to spend your first 3-4 turns building stuff you HAVE to make like the first town hall upgrade for more money and the tier 1-2 buildings. Those could already be pre-built and you could get on with the game a little faster.
That's what custom maps are for.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Jun 2006, 21:40

MrSteamTank wrote:Then you could actually battle an enemy hero in the first 20 minutes. Not having to spend your first 3-4 turns building stuff you HAVE to make like the first town hall upgrade for more money and the tier 1-2 buildings. Those could already be pre-built and you could get on with the game a little faster.
You can always make a map of your own(well,not yet,but soon™),or play a duel.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 18 Jun 2006, 21:48

MrSteamTank wrote:Then you could actually battle an enemy hero in the first 20 minutes. Not having to spend your first 3-4 turns building stuff you HAVE to make like the first town hall upgrade for more money and the tier 1-2 buildings. Those could already be pre-built and you could get on with the game a little faster.
they've actually done all they can to make the game as fast as possible. people then started complaining everything was too small. if you think heroes takes too long, then you need a different game. Heroes always takes 1+ hours for most maps, and that isnt likely to change soon.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Jun 2006, 21:49

DaemianLucifer wrote: You can always make a map of your own(well,not yet,but soon™),or play a duel.
Truly ur posts are full of quality. Other people's quality with some word added by you. :devil:
Alamar wrote: I agree. The effective minimum requirements of the game are 1GB.

Actualy it ran fine for me on Very Low and everything else off on 512MB RAM.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 18 Jun 2006, 23:03

i have 512 MG and it runs fine of highest quality, great on normal. however, im not sure but i think my graphics card has it own memory or something like that.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 19 Jun 2006, 02:03

the graphics memory and system memory do different tasks - and 1 Gig would be recommended for most things these days

juventas
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby juventas » 19 Jun 2006, 02:20

Is there going to be any balancing of the racial ultimates; ie. from useless ones no one ever tries to get (rage of the elements) to must-haves (Urgash's call)?

Tarm
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tarm » 19 Jun 2006, 02:32

Its a combination of 2 things making this game "unplayable" at the moment (or at least not very satisfying or worth spending time on).

-Computer AI needs to get better. I wont expect it to be flawless in 1.2, but I am hoping for some improvements so that it can be a challenge to play vs the comp as well.
-Multiplayer games crashing when you face another player. This happens ALOT.

Fix those two things and maybe we can start playing the game :/

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 19 Jun 2006, 03:18

stefan.urlus wrote:the graphics memory and system memory do different tasks - and 1 Gig would be recommended for most things these days
ok, whatever. i never was too good with computers...
Is there going to be any balancing of the racial ultimates; ie. from useless ones no one ever tries to get (rage of the elements) to must-haves (Urgash's call)?
some would say that Rage of the Elements is very useful, and im sure there are some people who think of UC as useless. either way, if Ubi thinks it needs to be balanced, it will be balanced in one of the future patches/expansion.
-Computer AI needs to get better. I wont expect it to be flawless in 1.2, but I am hoping for some improvements so that it can be a challenge to play vs the comp as well.
if you consider the currrent AI to be flawed, then the few minor tweeks they probably made for this patch are not likely to "fix" it for you. they said that they will work on the AI a bit with every patch, so it will eventually end up better than now, but dont expect any major or very noticable differences, especially not in the second patch.
-Multiplayer games crashing when you face another player. This happens ALOT.
when the second patch comes out, it will probably only happen more often, since it usually happens i think when two players with different versions of the game try to play eachother (or maybe theres a different reason?).

juventas
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby juventas » 19 Jun 2006, 03:29

soupnazii wrote:some would say that Rage of the Elements is very useful, and im sure there are some people who think of UC as useless. either way, if Ubi thinks it needs to be balanced, it will be balanced in one of the future patches/expansion.
Well, it's not so much that Rage of Elements isn't useful. It's more like the skill path required is so gimped that few people in their right minds would try to get it. The reward is not commensurate with the sacrifices. And I would say that very few people think UC as useless.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 19 Jun 2006, 03:33

very few, yes, but i would bet a million dollars that there are some.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jun 2006, 08:57

juventas wrote:Well, it's not so much that Rage of Elements isn't useful. It's more like the skill path required is so gimped that few people in their right minds would try to get it. The reward is not commensurate with the sacrifices. And I would say that very few people think UC as useless.
Maybe because it is completely useless.3 times the damage for a charge.Impresive :no: You have to waste heroes turn(that would be much better casting benediction,or mass haste,or mass DS,or mass anything),and then sacrifice a creature to the attacker.Thanks,but no thanks.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 19 Jun 2006, 10:24

Urgash's Call, DL, not Unstoppable Charge ;)
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jun 2006, 10:31

Gaidal Cain wrote:Urgash's Call, DL, not Unstoppable Charge ;)
Oh...Damn UC meaning two things.Should be IG for that one.

Arkali
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arkali » 20 Jun 2006, 16:31

Gus wrote:I have 512 and there is hardly a trace of any memory leak.
I do, however, run little to none program but H5 when i play the game. If you like to listen to .mp3s while playing, you might experience slowdowns =P
I want to say I've got 768 MB RAM. But a fairly low-end processor (Athlon 2.2), but a decent video card - Radeon 9800 Pro w/ 256 MB. Game runs great for me.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”