Random Thoughts - Third Edition

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 15 Jul 2009, 22:48

Well, mine is just decorating a room, not a house or flat or something alike. Pictures will come when they are there :P...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Jul 2009, 00:22

Pictures? You can't stop hinting at me to send you another poster of myself in my swim trunks, can you... :rolleyes: All right, I'll send you one, but only if you take care of it this time. No selling it to the highest bidding of your female friends. :D

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 16 Jul 2009, 04:22

Male then? :devious:
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 16 Jul 2009, 12:08

Ethric wrote:Is it? For a spear-thrust?

Now we need to clarify which rules we are discussing too.

Good thing this is the last day of my vacation; it seems I have too much time on my hands.
Once upon a time there was a wizard named T- and T-. He was not just a very powerful wizard, he was dark, insane (but still extremely intelligent!), twisted and Chaotic Evil.

He created a weapon, a spear, imbued with every thing he knew about magic. He placed some extreme enchantments on the spear, so extreme that it is a wonder the spear survived the enchanting intact. How this spear came to fall into the hands of the Roman Centurion ... that is a story for another day.

So Jesus was on the cross ...

Roman Centurion attacks Jesus (faint-heartedly): roll 4 + 15 = 19 vs. AC 10 *hit*
Jesus: Damage immunity absorbs 7 points of damage.
Spear casts Epic Spell: Vampiric Feast on Jesus. Drawing on the powers of its maker, T- and T- ...

Caster level = 30 +4 Practiced Spellcaster +5 Red Wizard specialization = 39
Boost to DC from caster level = +6
Epic Spell Focus (Necromancy) = +3
Intelligence 30 + 10 (epic gear) = +15
Epic Spell = +5
Spellcasting Prodigy = +1
Total DC = 54 (<--- My God! My God! Why have you forsaken me!?)

Jesus Fortitude save vs. Death Effect: roll 2 + 95 (holy ****!! 95 Fortitude saves!!) = 97 vs. DC 54 *success*

JESUS SAVES ... he takes half damage.

Roman Centurion damages Jesus: 4193 damage (negative energy)
Roman Centurion absorbs health: 0 HP healed
No wonder Jesus looked so dead after the hit ... he lost 4193 HP! How many casts of Cure Critical Wounds will be required to revive him??

PS: I hope I didn't make mistakes in the calculations 8|
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Jul 2009, 13:55

Doesn't matter if he dies; he'll just throw down another immortality potion. ;)

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 16 Jul 2009, 14:38

Kalah wrote:Pictures? You can't stop hinting at me to send you another poster of myself in my swim trunks, can you... :rolleyes: All right, I'll send you one, but only if you take care of it this time. No selling it to the highest bidding of your female friends. :D
Hey, I cant help it! I just NEED the extra 2 euro's ... :devious:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Jul 2009, 14:45

Two Euros!? Come on, surely you can get it up to four... :lolu:

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 18 Jul 2009, 08:52

Banedon wrote:
Ethric wrote:Is it? For a spear-thrust?

Now we need to clarify which rules we are discussing too.

Good thing this is the last day of my vacation; it seems I have too much time on my hands.
Once upon a time there was a wizard named T- and T-...
Oh my God ... the day after I make this post, I receive an email from someone who goes by the alias t-minus t-minus!!
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Jul 2009, 12:01

:lolu:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Jul 2009, 06:25

Banedon wrote: Once upon a time there was a wizard named T- and T-. He was not just a very powerful wizard, he was dark, insane (but still extremely intelligent!), twisted and Chaotic Evil.
How can one be insane and not be Chaotic?!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Jul 2009, 12:20

I got a new flat. :)

I've been out of town the last couple of days, travelling to Drammen to sign the contract etc. I'm so charming that if only I can get an interview, I'll get what I want, be it a job, a flat or whatever. Seriously. It's true. I've got half a dozen examples.

Anyway, I'm moving in officially on August 1st, but I'll start moving some of my stuff in next week.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 21 Jul 2009, 21:46

Kalah wrote:I got a new flat. :)

I've been out of town the last couple of days, travelling to Drammen to sign the contract etc. I'm so charming that if only I can get an interview, I'll get what I want, be it a job, a flat or whatever. Seriously. It's true. I've got half a dozen examples.

Anyway, I'm moving in officially on August 1st, but I'll start moving some of my stuff in next week.
Congratulations Klaah :). Hope you have some fun over there :D!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Jul 2009, 22:28

Oh, I will... :devious:

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 22 Jul 2009, 13:42

How extensive is the interview process for renting an apartment in Europe? I ask because the concept seems strange to me. Over here, if you have the dollars and a decent credit score (i.e., you're likely to pay on time), then you can have the place. Do they evaluate you on how good a neighbor you'll be, etc.?
Peace. Love. Penguin.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 22 Jul 2009, 13:48

Kristo wrote:How extensive is the interview process for renting an apartment in Europe? I ask because the concept seems strange to me. Over here, if you have the dollars and a decent credit score (i.e., you're likely to pay on time), then you can have the place. Do they evaluate you on how good a neighbor you'll be, etc.?
I guess its the same there as in Holland. They just kinda want to know what kind of person you are, if they know that, they know if you fit in the street (or in Kalah's case, flat). Nobody wants people near them who doesn't fit there, that is the brilliance of interviews :P...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 22 Jul 2009, 14:32

It depends, but there is definitely a difference between the student housing and private individuals renting out space. If you're going to rent out a flat in your house, you do of course want the tenant to be responsible and relatively quiet.

The family I just clinched the deal with have three kids, so they don't want a lot of noise in the evenings. The house is top-class, so they also want a responsible person who takes care of the place and doesn't break things. They also want someone who pays the bills.

On the whole, it varies greatly what people want. But these people had some proper requirements - they can afford to eliminate some applicants, since the place is sought after. Since I filled all their requirements, I had no trouble getting the place.

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 23 Jul 2009, 01:40

Ok, I see the difference. When I think of a flat (a.k.a. apartment), I think of a unit within a large building or group of buildings owned by a company. If you pay the bills and don't mess up the place, then you're fine. Renting a room(s) in someone's home is not that common around here - but it certainly deserves an interview.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Jul 2009, 13:43

Yes, but even if it's not in the same house as yours (which is very common over here), as a lessor you might want to get an impression of the tenant before you hand over the keys... since there are some people who do nothing but spend their money on beer and never clean up... So maybe I shouldn't call it an "interview" as much as a face-to-face sit-down, just so the tenant can reassure you that he's the kind of person you won't get any trouble with.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 23 Jul 2009, 14:21

And you certainly want to check that the would-be tenant isn't a psycho that'll flip and kill you. Which has been known to happen, sadly. Of course, I guess it's hard to check with people who are fine when they take their medication and homicidal maniacs when they don't.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Jul 2009, 14:22

But I am taking my medication now... when are you going to let that little incident go? :devious:

Return to “Campfire”