Random Thoughts - Third Edition

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Mar 2009, 16:49

Yeah, that'd be great. :)

I've played in every position on the pitch, being most successful as a centreback/sweeper, but I've also spent a couple of seasons tending the goal. When I was in the Navy, I became the keeper for our ship's team (which was really good; we won several tournaments). I performed so well that even guys who hated my guts admitted that I "wasn't bad". :proudirule:

Oooh! Looking so much forward to SCUBA diving this weekend! :-D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 25 Mar 2009, 17:01

Isn't the water still a little cold for diving?
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 25 Mar 2009, 18:23

Veldrynus wrote:We all know that you are an asexual (or tying to be one), but most of us here treasure sex as one of the greatest pleasures, that make life worth living (and we also love games for being a 'decent' subtitute :D).

You can either say, that life has a fixed objective purpose, and in that case you have support those claims with decent arguments and evidence, or you can say it's a subjective thing, and everybody has to decide for himself, but in this later case you cannot subjectively judge other people's subjective goals.
How does that change the fact that it's narrowminded? :P
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 25 Mar 2009, 18:48

Ok you can submarine in I don't care. I gotta say central sweeper is really fun. I only played it one time but I liked the freedom I had to roam and tackle.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Mar 2009, 18:51

Oyh, Kristo, I've been diving in Tromsø in the middle of winter, in water as cold as 3°C.

Now it's March, I'm on the south coast and the water is a lot warmer that. :tsup:

Plus, anybody who think Norwegian waters are too cold is a big girl's blouse. ;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 25 Mar 2009, 18:51

Because the way I see it, your view is the narrowminded one. :P
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 25 Mar 2009, 19:48

Veldrynus wrote:Because the way I see it, your view is the narrowminded one. :P
At least I make sense. You don't. You just use it as a buzzword.
"Hey, life = watching TV."
"No, life = sex."
"No, life = internet!"

vs

"Life is many things"

which one is more narrow minded and has a restricted view of life?
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 25 Mar 2009, 21:49

Just got home from a 3 day long out of town job conference. Soul crushingly boring, most of the stuff, but at least we had some very good lunches. And I completed the main objective of out of town job conferences ;)
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Mar 2009, 22:37

Wha', getting drunk? Laid? Wha'? ;|

Anyway, these things are why they invented games for cell phones.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 25 Mar 2009, 23:55

Kalah wrote:Wha', getting drunk? Laid? Wha'? ;|

Anyway, these things are why they invented games for cell phones.
Better yet, a emulator for your phone. Better games then the most crappy ones out there...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 26 Mar 2009, 00:49

Borsuc wrote:
"Life is many things"
That's a very shallow and hollow answer.

Which things? What are your priorities? Are all things equally valuable? With the increasing number of things on your list, the individual value of these drops lower. Few is more, if you have a limited time to live. If you say "life is about everything", then that means "life is about nothing". Do you understand this?
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 26 Mar 2009, 09:30

Lol Borsuc is trying to make sense and failing.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 26 Mar 2009, 11:33

Kalah wrote:Oyh, Kristo, I've been diving in Tromsø in the middle of winter, in water as cold as 3°C.

Now it's March, I'm on the south coast and the water is a lot warmer that. :tsup:

Plus, anybody who think Norwegian waters are too cold is a big girl's blouse. ;)
I guess I'm a big girl's blouse then, whatever that means. ;) Three degrees is too flippin' cold. The last time I went swimming in a natural body of water I was off the coast of Grand Cayman. With stingrays.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Mar 2009, 13:06

Yeah, but the things is I'm wearing a dry suit. Anything less than 6°C is considered "cold", but it's really no problem as long as you're using the right gear. When the temp crawls closer to freezing, then you have a real problem - you need the Ice Diver certificate to go down in that.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 26 Mar 2009, 14:52

Kristo wrote:I guess I'm a big girl's blouse then, whatever that means.
Norwegian girl + blouse + cold water = who cares about the meaning of that expression? :)
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 26 Mar 2009, 14:57

... Kristo is a girl?

:D
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Mar 2009, 15:38

Veldrynus wrote: If you say "life is about everything", then that means "life is about nothing". Do you understand this?
And you where berating him for a shallow statement?! Good one...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 26 Mar 2009, 16:03

It would be better if you would think before you post anything.

Another analogy: if every child is special, then none of them is really special.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Mar 2009, 16:32

I was a bit bored, so I went outside and chopped up this tree we recently cut down into firewood. Should be dry for next winter. Now.. who da man?

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 26 Mar 2009, 19:31

Was browsing around the forum and HodgePodge mention about sesquicentennial celebration of her state in the US. Then I look into wikipedia and found some interesting facts on that same date.

26th March was the birthday of my favorite artist Yui Yoshioka. She's a famous artist and many of her songs are included as opening and ending themes for a popular anime: Bleach. Of course, to people here, it means nothing big

Also, I found out that 26th March (1827) is also the death of Ludwig van Beethoven.
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

Return to “Campfire”