Random Thoughts - Third Edition

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 18 Mar 2009, 12:01

Borsuk speaks of proper arguing..? :) Kalah summed it up pretty nicely.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 18 Mar 2009, 13:42

I just bought a new computer today :oex:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Mar 2009, 13:45

SWEET! :oex: Go on, then, tell us about it.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 18 Mar 2009, 14:05

It's pretty. Black. Brand: HP. 2.1 Gh processor, 3 Gb RAM, 160 GB harddisc space, some nice graphics card I forgot the name of, and oh yeah, it's a laptop :D It's my first time. I am a laptop virgin! Hehe.
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 18 Mar 2009, 14:18

Nice, now you can play games in bed!!!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 18 Mar 2009, 14:20

I know!!! Oh the possibilities!! :-D
- Dragon Age Origins

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 18 Mar 2009, 14:36

MSN, IN BED! Movies, IN BED. Forum, IN BED! Just to name a few :D!

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 18 Mar 2009, 14:49

Don't keep it in bed, it'll just raise the temperature ... Plus, you might find it uncomfortable. But do experiment! :)
Last edited by theLuckyDragon on 18 Mar 2009, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 18 Mar 2009, 14:55

Party pooper :rolleyes:
- Dragon Age Origins

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 18 Mar 2009, 15:02

I finished the exams, nothing to do in the whole afternoon :hoo:

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 18 Mar 2009, 15:07

darknessfood wrote:MSN, IN BED! Movies, IN BED. Forum, IN BED! Just to name a few :D!
I don't see what's that great, tbh.

My comp is right there near the bed, and I have a comfortable chair.

And if you're wondering yes I also have a laptop, but I very rarely use it :P
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Mar 2009, 16:51

Laptops are great, since you can bring them so easily with you... not just in bed (although that is a feature :D), but on holidays, to work, over to a friend's house, to anywhere you are going to spend a couple of days and don't want to be without your PC.

The only aber I can think of is one that has been a bit of a nuisance with all my laptops: because they've got all their components crammed into a very small space, they get very hot. And since that's neither comfortable nor very good for the computer's durability, I recommend taking measures to help with that whenever possible. A trick I use if I'm on the laptop for long periods at a time and it's sitting on a table, is put it on four improvised "legs" (matchboxes, CD covers, whatever) to lift it off the table and improve cooling.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 18 Mar 2009, 18:15

Laptops in bed is pain if you're going to stay at it more than 5 minutes seriously. Your back will hurt, you can't "lie" down, at least not if you want to be able to control it anyway. Believe me, I tried. Also they typically overheat in bed because of the material/sofa/whatever it is called in english. Also NEVER PUT A LAPTOP ON A CARPET. It will heat up like hell.

Since my main comp has some 'difficulties' with the HD and I don't wanna take risks right now, and still waiting a bit for the prices to drop to get my new comp (wth seriously... what's happening? it's been months since then!), and since my (crappy) laptop gives me backpains if used in bed, and the monitor is an eye-sore (laptop monitors are WEAK in contrast to use as little energy as possible, and are hard on the eye if used a lot!)... I put the laptop in place of the desktop computer's keyboard, connected the USB mouse to it, connected my CRT monitor to it, and I use it similarly to my desktop now, except for the part that the whole thing is now "in the keyboard rack" (I mean the computer itself) rather than below. :D
Veldrynus wrote:Obviously, any married, older people would disagree with me, but most of them have no other option than to do so, otherwise their ego would be seriously damaged. Me on the other hand, I'm in a position to speak freely and honestly. This might change too, but that won't mean, that I've grown up.
Hmm I don't really think that a 90 year old even cares about ego anymore.
And I didn't say you don't speak honestly. I said that you project yourself on others. For example, emos like to do it a lot too. They are honest with themselves -- doesn't mean everyone is just as depressed though.
Last edited by Borsuc on 19 Mar 2009, 02:02, edited 2 times in total.
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 18 Mar 2009, 20:16

Borsuc wrote:
Ethric wrote:If you feel good about yourself because others like the way you look, how is that an illusion?
It's the sense of security in action. ;)
(I mean the stuff you do in experiments, also called 'placebo', only that in THIS case, you have a sense of being 'safe' rather than of a medicine healing you).
No, because in such a scenario, you ARE safer. People like you, you have friends. Unless you are saying that all emotion is an illusion and we should all just go take a bath with a toaster and end the meaninglessness...?
darknessfood wrote:Nice, now you can play games in bed!!!
She could do that without the new computer too :devious:
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Mar 2009, 20:23

Ethric wrote:
:lolu:

I totally didn't think of that!! I must be losing it... 8|

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Mar 2009, 21:06

Kalah wrote:I must be losing it... 8|
Seem so. That's going with age... ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 18 Mar 2009, 22:08

Ethric wrote:
Borsuc wrote:
Ethric wrote:If you feel good about yourself because others like the way you look, how is that an illusion?
It's the sense of security in action. ;)
(I mean the stuff you do in experiments, also called 'placebo', only that in THIS case, you have a sense of being 'safe' rather than of a medicine healing you).
No, because in such a scenario, you ARE safer. People like you, you have friends. Unless you are saying that all emotion is an illusion and we should all just go take a bath with a toaster and end the meaninglessness...?
I was kinda waiting for somebody to say it. First time it's not me :angel: ...

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 19 Mar 2009, 01:24

Borsuc wrote:Hmm I don't really think that a 90 year old even cares about ego anymore.
And I didn't say you don't speak honestly. I said that you project yourself on others. For example, emos like to do it a lot, they say when others'
I don't think ego means a lot, after basically all of your life is behind you.
The way I see it, is that, it's kinda sad, that all those enthusiastic, rebellious, complex, unspoiled, idealistic, life-loving or life hating young people, full of all kinds of energies, after they enter their late 20s, get married with all kinds of responsibilities, they suddenly turn into the boring shells of their earlier selves. I know that this is somehow the natural and normal order of life, but when I think of this, I cannot help myself to feel scared and in the same time depressed.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 19 Mar 2009, 01:30

Veldrynus wrote:full of all kinds of energies, after they enter their late 20s, get married with all kinds of responsibilities, they suddenly turn into the boring shells of their earlier selves.
Some people run out of steam, some don't. I'm not worried about it myself.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 19 Mar 2009, 01:43

I don't think that the steam runs out. That's the "problem". Under the strong social (and economical) constraints that steam cannot get out, and with will boil and burn everything humane left inside.

This makes me terrified.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Return to “Campfire”