Random Thoughts - Third Edition

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 10 Feb 2009, 16:11

Asheera wrote:There's a difference between being slightly annoying and a complete jackass.
Yep, but you will only know the difference if someone pushes the annoying to its limits.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 10 Feb 2009, 16:33

There's also the case of an immature poster being annoying, like it was with the famous KD at HC :P
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Feb 2009, 11:01

Asheera wrote:There's a difference between being slightly annoying and a complete jackass.
Yeah, it's called how much effort you feel like putting in it...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Feb 2009, 11:43

But then there are some people who are naturally talented and don't need to make much of an effort. :tongue:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 11 Feb 2009, 16:29

Really, beeing sarcastic makes kids crazy. They don't think over there, they ask the most stupid questions (google has INSTANT hits), and that is what I do. I tell people to use their brains...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 11 Feb 2009, 22:12

The hangman threat made me crazy, over 4 minutes waiting after I cliked on submit and didn-t submit :disagree:
I ended with 3 posts, but I deleted two of them :)
It's surely doomed :mad:

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 12 Feb 2009, 01:03

I have this theory, that in order to please the Hangman-ghost, you must'nt post your letter too soon after clicking "post reply"....
I used to always get stuck there. As if one letter is a hard one to post :rolleyes:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 12 Feb 2009, 01:40

Wow three posts? 8| Max for me was 2 posts, and that was when it was big (the thread)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Feb 2009, 07:08

No comment. I think that is easy to spot my two P. The Hangman went mad..

And in general I have a slight impression that we're slower now. For the reason unknown.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 12 Feb 2009, 10:36

Will have to wait for next word...
Btw, what inage hosting web(such as imageshack and photobucket) do you recomend me?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 Feb 2009, 10:48

If I may, there's one that I liked a bit, more than these two, which was the flickr - related to Yahoo! I found it had less restrictions and such for that sort of website.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 12 Feb 2009, 11:00

Storm-giant wrote:Will have to wait for next word...
Btw, what inage hosting web(such as imageshack and photobucket) do you recomend me?
I use photobucked. It's fast and easy to use :)...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 12 Feb 2009, 14:02

Same here, for some reason I never could get the hang of ImageShack. :P

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 12 Feb 2009, 14:53

ImageShack sucks because it allows you to upload without an account, in effect expiring after a period :P
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 Feb 2009, 15:59

Upload without an account? :? That's so safe and aweinspiring. :rolleyes:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 12 Feb 2009, 16:22

Not really, I always prefer Media Fire over others like Rapid Share because you can create your account and the files won't get deleted after 30 days (provided you log in once every 30 days, of course)

I mean, you create the account only once, compared with uploading the same files multiple times because they expire...

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 12 Feb 2009, 17:32

Rapidshare sucks but everyone uses it for some reason :tsdown:

You'll have to wait 15 minutes between downloads and the download itself goes really slow as well. Sucky.

btw: I think you can have an account at rapidshare as well, not sure about the expiring stuff.
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 12 Feb 2009, 20:35

It is almost Valentines, and I'm still stuck in my lonely room with dry balls. :(
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Feb 2009, 21:05

a55a55in wrote:It is almost Valentines, and I'm still stuck in my lonely room with dry balls. :(
Good time to launchin my vacations. :D

Now, rapidshare is a payed service - if you don't pay you are slow with a downloading - that's the measure. Also if people download a lot from your free accout, you will be promoted to a payed account for the advertising.

And as well I'm using ImageShack, with the ImageBot (firefox plugin) interface and for my purposes it's quite splendid.

PS I have no idea what's wrong with Hangman or how to fix it and I'm going on vacations, so probably not a big help from me. If someone want to that, he may try to check the logs (Huh G.C.?). It's pretty looking like a sort of database error.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 12 Feb 2009, 22:42

Pol wrote:Now, rapidshare is a payed service - if you don't pay you are slow with a downloading - that's the measure. Also if people download a lot from your free accout, you will be promoted to a payed account for the advertising.
Did you try to compare it to mediafire? That's paid too (for the Pro version) but the free one is MUCH better (faster, no need to wait between downloads, etc...)

Return to “Campfire”