Caladont 3.0

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 06 Dec 2008, 21:45

Yes, 201 pts. is a new personal record (your previous one was 188). But you need one more :proud: , to surpass Corribus' 6 ones. And for the words record we need some more. I fear we can't beat it with 4 penalties till now. That was my reason, not to point at "sticker", posted by a newbie. ;)

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 06 Dec 2008, 22:14

Koni wrote:And for the words record we need some more. I fear we can't beat it with 4 penalties till now.
That's ok actually, it means that me and you got much more points per word this round than in that word-record round :D
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 07 Dec 2008, 16:50

euro

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Dec 2008, 17:04

european
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 07 Dec 2008, 18:05

****post deleted***

It was an error.
Last edited by Koni on 07 Dec 2008, 18:13, edited 3 times in total.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 07 Dec 2008, 18:05

peanut :P
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 07 Dec 2008, 18:15

nutate

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 07 Dec 2008, 18:23

tater (variant of potato)

Scores
Asheera - 205
Koni - 180
Borsuc - 137
HodgePodge - 111
Milla - 80
Lord Lakely - 79
Avonu - 73
Corribus - 31
ThunderTitan - 29
SWST - 17
darknessfood - 10
Panda Tar - 9
a55a55in - 8
Captain Emo - 6
Kalah - 5

Did mistakes
Lord Lakely :embarrased: :x
HodgePodge :embarrased:
Captain Emo :embarrased:

Benefiting from extra points
Asheera :proud: :proudirule: :proud: :proudirule: :proud: :proudirule:
Koni :proud: :proudirule: :proud:
Lord Lakely :proud: :proudirule: :proud:
ThunderTitan :proud: :proudirule:
Corribus :proud:
HodgePodge :proud: :proudirule:
Borsuc :proud:

Words used
powerful, fulcrum, crummy, myalgia, giaour, ourselves, ourie, riel, elaborate, rates, tessellate, latecomer, mercenary, arytenoid, oidia, diagram, agrammatist, isthmus, muscle, levitation, ionide, nidering, rings, ringsail, sailer, aileron, rondel, delaminate, laminated, tedious, oust, ustion, ionium, umbrella, ellagic, ice, iceberg, bergamot, amotion, ionizer, zeroth, others, thersitical, calamity, tyranny, nyala, alae, laelia, liarable, ablepsia, siamang, mangle, anglesite, sites, testimony, onyx, nyxis, isle, sleep, epact, pactamycin, cinder, derivate, vaterite, rites, tesseract, ractopamine, amines, minestrone, oneself, selfish, elfishly, lygaeid, eiderdown, downcast, caster, asteroidal, dalliance, alliances, ancestor, storage, raged, agedness, nesses, session, ionosphere, spheres, heresy, resynchronizing, zingare, areaway, awayness, essentially, allylic, lick, lickspittle, spittlebug, bugged, edaphic, hiccups, psychologist, logistical, ticalium, umbellar, bellarmine, miners, erstwhile, whiled, ledge, ledger, germ, germanium, umbilical, calculator, atorvastatin, astatine, tines, inessive, siver, veranda, randan, randannite, nitency, encyclopedia, cyclopedias, diaspore, real, realgar, algaroba, robalo, balor, lorgnette, tea, teach, teache, teacher, cherry, cherrystone, stoned, neddies, diesel, select, selectman, manic, manicate, catechism, smart, martial, aloe, loess, essential, always, wayside, sideways, waysome, somebody, bodyguard, guarder, derail, railcar, caring, ringlet, lettuce, cereal, realist, listener, nervous, voussoir, soiree, reedman, manacle, clever, version, Sionist, isthmus, music, sickle, sicklebill, billard, larder, deracinate, inately, lychgate, gatefold, folder, folderol, rollers, rollerskate, skater, teriyaki, yakitori, tories, esse, essential, allegory, oryxes, esker, kernel, nelfinavir, virus, russet, settler, lerot, erotic, eroticstar, startle, tartlet, letterheads, headship, shiplet, plethora, thoraces, acescency, encystation, stationer, onerous, rouse, users, erst, strength, thalami, halamite, miter, iteration, rational, naled, ledger, geriatrics, csardas, dash, dashiki, shikimate, materialistic, stick, sticker, tickers, kerseymere, merest, restaurateur, euro, european, peanut, nutate, tater
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 07 Dec 2008, 21:17

ThunderTitan wrote:european
Proper Noun Alert! :stop:

terrible
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 07 Dec 2008, 21:25

Is it a proper noun? I remember german and some words like that being used in previous rounds...

And from Wikipedia:
Proper nouns (also called proper names) are nouns representing unique entities (such as London, or John), as distinguished from common nouns which describe a class of entities (such as city, planet or person). Proper nouns are not normally preceded by an article or other limiting modifier (such as "any" or "some"), and are used to denote a particular person, place, or thing without regard to any descriptive meaning the word or phrase may have.
And we can say "some europeans", etc.

But I'm not that good at English so I'm not sure...

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 07 Dec 2008, 22:49

I first thought too, it was a proper noun, but we had many other words, in this round and in previous ones, which are at "the edge". So if we want to continue this nice game, you could end it with a 5th penalty, and start a new round. In other case, if this has to be the last round because of lack of participants, we could let it count and post some additional words. But I fear, that there will be soon an intended penalty posting of a "friend", who wants to stop this lovely game forever. ;|

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 07 Dec 2008, 23:10

Bleach

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 07 Dec 2008, 23:40

Asheera wrote:Is it a proper noun?
I don't really think so, since you can have plural form.

leacher
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 08 Dec 2008, 05:15

Asheera wrote:Is it a proper noun? I remember german and some words like that being used in previous rounds...
Yes, well I thought we were supposed to be using the English Language in this game.
Koni wrote:I first thought too, it was a proper noun, but we had many other words, in this round and in previous ones, which are at "the edge". So if we want to continue this nice game, you could end it with a 5th penalty, and start a new round. In other case, if this has to be the last round because of lack of participants, we could let it count and post some additional words. But I fear, that there will be soon an intended penalty posting of a "friend", who wants to stop this lovely game forever. ;|
Who's talking about ending the game forever? If score is being kept at all for this game, then the rules should be followed.

Methinks that maybe one reason there are so few participants is that the rules are constantly being ignored. Scores & penalties are given out in a random fashion; sometimes strictly, sometimes loosely … depending on who posted the word.

May I suggest that we don't need to keep score anymore. No score & no penalties. Just post words.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 08 Dec 2008, 07:17

cherish

HP: My full agreement, that the rules should be followed. But posting words only without score, the game would loose its stimulus, don't you think so?

I don't see that the rules are "constantly being ignored". Maybe you are right in your feeling about "sometimes strictly, sometimes loosely". But imo Asheera does a good job and she always takes in mind, when someone points to a fault, and she corrects the score at once. But sometimes there are difficult decisions, see the first faults of a new member. Should he be frightened away with a given penalty at once?

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 08 Dec 2008, 12:58

Should I continue this round? I thought proper nouns can't have plural forms, but then I'm not a native English speaker...

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 08 Dec 2008, 13:29

shelter
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 08 Dec 2008, 13:37

territorial

Scores
Asheera - 208
Koni - 184
Borsuc - 142
HodgePodge - 114
Lord Lakely - 82
Milla - 80
Avonu - 73
Corribus - 31
ThunderTitan - 29
SWST - 17
Panda Tar - 11
darknessfood - 10
a55a55in - 8
Captain Emo - 6
Kalah - 5

Did mistakes
Lord Lakely :embarrased: :x
HodgePodge :embarrased:
Captain Emo :embarrased:

Benefiting from extra points
Asheera :proud: :proudirule: :proud: :proudirule: :proud: :proudirule:
Koni :proud: :proudirule: :proud:
Lord Lakely :proud: :proudirule: :proud:
ThunderTitan :proud: :proudirule:
Corribus :proud:
HodgePodge :proud: :proudirule:
Borsuc :proud:

Words used
powerful, fulcrum, crummy, myalgia, giaour, ourselves, ourie, riel, elaborate, rates, tessellate, latecomer, mercenary, arytenoid, oidia, diagram, agrammatist, isthmus, muscle, levitation, ionide, nidering, rings, ringsail, sailer, aileron, rondel, delaminate, laminated, tedious, oust, ustion, ionium, umbrella, ellagic, ice, iceberg, bergamot, amotion, ionizer, zeroth, others, thersitical, calamity, tyranny, nyala, alae, laelia, liarable, ablepsia, siamang, mangle, anglesite, sites, testimony, onyx, nyxis, isle, sleep, epact, pactamycin, cinder, derivate, vaterite, rites, tesseract, ractopamine, amines, minestrone, oneself, selfish, elfishly, lygaeid, eiderdown, downcast, caster, asteroidal, dalliance, alliances, ancestor, storage, raged, agedness, nesses, session, ionosphere, spheres, heresy, resynchronizing, zingare, areaway, awayness, essentially, allylic, lick, lickspittle, spittlebug, bugged, edaphic, hiccups, psychologist, logistical, ticalium, umbellar, bellarmine, miners, erstwhile, whiled, ledge, ledger, germ, germanium, umbilical, calculator, atorvastatin, astatine, tines, inessive, siver, veranda, randan, randannite, nitency, encyclopedia, cyclopedias, diaspore, real, realgar, algaroba, robalo, balor, lorgnette, tea, teach, teache, teacher, cherry, cherrystone, stoned, neddies, diesel, select, selectman, manic, manicate, catechism, smart, martial, aloe, loess, essential, always, wayside, sideways, waysome, somebody, bodyguard, guarder, derail, railcar, caring, ringlet, lettuce, cereal, realist, listener, nervous, voussoir, soiree, reedman, manacle, clever, version, Sionist, isthmus, music, sickle, sicklebill, billard, larder, deracinate, inately, lychgate, gatefold, folder, folderol, rollers, rollerskate, skater, teriyaki, yakitori, tories, esse, essential, allegory, oryxes, esker, kernel, nelfinavir, virus, russet, settler, lerot, erotic, eroticstar, startle, tartlet, letterheads, headship, shiplet, plethora, thoraces, acescency, encystation, stationer, onerous, rouse, users, erst, strength, thalami, halamite, miter, iteration, rational, naled, ledger, geriatrics, csardas, dash, dashiki, shikimate, materialistic, stick, sticker, tickers, kerseymere, merest, restaurateur, euro, european, peanut, nutate, tater, terrible, bleach, leacher, cherish, shelter, territorial

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 08 Dec 2008, 13:48

I do not think it is a proper noun. Proper nouns can't be preceded by "some" or "any", yet you can say some europeans or any european.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 08 Dec 2008, 15:23

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Return to “Campfire”