Random Thoughts - Second Edition

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 18 Jan 2009, 17:07

Asheera wrote:Six hours straight... 8|
Well, breaks for eating and a shower, so not straight.

When Heroes 4 came out, I played 32 hours with only the necessary food-processing breaks :D Good times.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 18 Jan 2009, 18:38

Ethric wrote:Well, breaks for eating and a shower, so not straight.
Well that's a little bit better.
When Heroes 4 came out, I played 32 hours with only the necessary food-processing breaks
But this is still 8|

:P
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Jan 2009, 18:54

On the other hand, he's undead. I'm well aware he can do it without the obligatory breaks. Heck, better not to imagine what he used for the "food" processing. That's one of advantages of undeads, they don't have so much physical constrains.

But it's rumoured...
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 18 Jan 2009, 20:11

Undead are also pretty vulnerable to holy attacks... :devious:
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Jan 2009, 20:29

Hmm, true. Maybe that is why E was watching Shield.

Although I know that they have schools, where they are actively unlearning similar superstition like garlick, holy water or stake in the heart. According this learning - it's all power of faith. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 18 Jan 2009, 20:41

Kalah wrote:That's nothing. My record is more than twice that.
And you are proud of sitting in one place for 8 hours?

Edit: ahem not that I'm one to talk.
Last edited by PhoenixReborn on 19 Jan 2009, 06:01, edited 1 time in total.

Asterot
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Asterot » 19 Jan 2009, 05:46

I got stiff as a board after drinking whiskey (if that's a random thought :D )
"The elements compose a Magnum Opus my modus operandi is amalgam..."

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 19 Jan 2009, 08:33

Random thought, I had a good weekend. Went to the theater to see a dutch comedian, he was really awesome!!!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Jan 2009, 13:31

When I got the complete "The West Wing" collection, I watched them all in sequence. That's more than 150 episodes; more than 7 days. Although I did use the bathroom occasionally.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 19 Jan 2009, 15:06

I watched most of season 8 of Stargate SG-1 in one sitting with a break for dinner in the middle. So I guess that means it was two sittings. Yeah.

Kalah, ummm, errr, yeah I got nothing.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 20 Jan 2009, 21:04

Kalah wrote:When I got the complete "The West Wing" collection, I watched them all in sequence. That's more than 150 episodes; more than 7 days. Although I did use the bathroom occasionally.
You need a girl. And fast!
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 20 Jan 2009, 21:27

That was last year. But it is true that I have a complete Babylon 5 collection that needs watching....
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 20 Jan 2009, 21:31

Hm...

In the last two weeks I haven't done anything else than watching Scrubs. In the middle of the exam session... I'm in some serious shit.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 20 Jan 2009, 21:43

Well, Scrubs is a good show. Can get very addictive. Though somehow I doubt they accept that excuse at your school :P
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 21 Jan 2009, 07:34

Only if you did some research on medical jargon like, *cough cough* I'm doing in House MD...
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 21 Jan 2009, 12:38

Fell sick yesterday :ill: I vomited several times, during yesterday afternoon :vomit: .haven't eaten nothing since 24 hours, and only drunk 1/2l of coke-cola and a little of water with sugar. After the long night, now(13:35) I feel better, and I can drink moreless the normal quantity.
At least I'm pacient. Of course I feel quite weak..

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 21 Jan 2009, 12:43

Sorry to hear that, I hate vomiting... :disagree: fortunately it didn't happen for me in a long time now, like several years. Just be careful what you eat...

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 21 Jan 2009, 12:54

@Ash: I would swear that it wasn't what I ate(as I ate what I eat each single week, almost all the tuesdays I have the same first dish, and the second can only be three things....). I porbably fell ill because I got cold the last days, I slept very few hours the day before I stupidly I drunk cold water...
And I very very very rarely fall ill, as, if we don't count this one, I only fell ill once in 8 years!(3 years and a half I was one night&day vomiting too, and 8 years ago I fell really ill, as I was over 17 days in bed, without eating anything and drinking only water with sugar.)
Now, apart from the pijama I'm wearing a warm pullover. I won't get cold :D

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 21 Jan 2009, 14:56

Vomiting can be a sign of a disease, infection, breathing toxins or whatever it's called (like, if you put your open mouth in a car's exhaust :D), not just food. Not sure if it's supposed to happen in a cold.
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jan 2009, 19:20

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:
Kalah wrote:When I got the complete "The West Wing" collection, I watched them all in sequence. That's more than 150 episodes; more than 7 days. Although I did use the bathroom occasionally.
You need a girl. And fast!
Yeah.. i mean it's just not the same watching a TV show without getting a CENSORED at the same time....

@Vel

Ha... i don't have an exam session... i had exams every 3 weeks instead... yeah, kinda sucked...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Campfire”