Random Thoughts - Second Edition

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 13 Jan 2009, 22:06

My mind is saying me that kilogram of feather can be still stucked into one cubic centimeter and kilogram of iron can be still served like thousands of one gram iron leafs.

True. This is an old rebus, from time of Ancient Greece and even before. And the point was.. (You know that I know that you know or you don't know that I know than you know. Or if I don't know whatever the other know?)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 13 Jan 2009, 22:45

Yes I was talking about that HC Alignments thread. It was something regarding getting off-topic and the like, I can't believe it grew to those proportions.

Don't want to think about that anymore...

Now about that iron vs feather, yes actually now I see that if they both weight one kilo than they have the same weight. I don't know about their mass though (is it different between those two if they both weight the same?)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 14 Jan 2009, 00:19

Great, now I had another annoying problem... I tried to help Elvin to make random playing in his Duel Map he designed for H5 and there was a weird bug only happening in multiplayer (not in Hot-Seat)

After one frustrating hour I found out the problem in one .xdb file, and it was so easy to do that I feel so stupid and annoyed on the whole thing now. I sooooo hate illogical bugs. :disagree:

The second annoying thing is the fact that for some reason an area I designed in the NWN tileset doesn't show properly in game. :| I'm getting frustrated over it

This is definitely one of the bad and unlucky days of my life...
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 14 Jan 2009, 05:04

I had a similar problem with one of my NWN areas. It was just me forgetting to add some form of light to the area, and not noticing the display I had set up in the tool set. It didn't take too long to figure out, but it did take a few times for me to remember to do something about it after a few tests.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 14 Jan 2009, 12:47

Could be about the lights as you said, some tiles are simply completely black for some reason.

On another note it seems we won't have Nival developing H6 anymore. Chuckles made the following post in ubi forum:
While I still think Nival should be kept on now that they've gotten a handle on the Heroes series, apparently "somebody else" doesn't feel the same way. *waves bye to Nival*

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 14 Jan 2009, 13:30

Hey at least the result was worth it :) Shame that you had to waste so much time over a damn bug but I guess we've all been there. Appreciated either way.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 14 Jan 2009, 13:54

Sure it was worth it, I just blame myself for not figuring out before :D

Oh and I'm pretty used to that by now. A lot of times I encounter nasty bugs which make me frustrated but eventually I either solve them or figure a way to avoid them (and no I'm not talking about H5 here btw)

It's just that everything bad had to happen yesterday: that H5 bug, the NWN toolset annoying me (a lot more than the H5 bug), and on top of that there had to be that stupid argue over off-topicness as well. Definitely it was one of the unlucky days I guess...

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 14 Jan 2009, 20:56

Veldrynus wrote:Seriously, I could never understand, why people enjoy this game. It's boring as hell!
Well, I played the World of Goo demo and I was bored to death. It's a matter of taste I guess, or maybe I didn't get far enough.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 15 Jan 2009, 12:58

Maybe it was too difficult for you? :P
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 15 Jan 2009, 15:09

Try Tetris at a very high speed to see what hard means :devious:

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 15 Jan 2009, 17:43

Angelspit wrote:
Veldrynus wrote:Seriously, I could never understand, why people enjoy this game. It's boring as hell!
Well, I played the World of Goo demo and I was bored to death. It's a matter of taste I guess, or maybe I didn't get far enough.
Really? It's been rated so highly in reviews... where can I play the demo?
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 15 Jan 2009, 18:34

Try Steam or the official Web site.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Jan 2009, 23:26

Did you guys see the news about the pilot who managed to perform an emergency landing on the Hudson? 8|

http://www.dagbladet.no/2009/01/16/nyhe ... k/4395300/

That's some flying.. :applause:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 16 Jan 2009, 03:33

And everyone got out ok. See? You really do need to read the water landing safety card.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 16 Jan 2009, 03:54

I went to Tetris.com and played.

I got to level 12. 116 lines. 3 tetrises. 101,835 points. I always did suck at that game.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 18 Jan 2009, 13:18

Been watching The Shield since about 8 this morning (it's now 14:17), but ran out of episodes. More in the mail, but for now I'm bored :bored:
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 18 Jan 2009, 13:34

Six hours straight... 8|

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Jan 2009, 13:57

That's nothing. My record is more than twice that.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 18 Jan 2009, 14:00

That's crazy. It was almost as bad as those Counterstrike addicts :P

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 18 Jan 2009, 14:35

Asheera wrote:That's crazy. It was almost as bad as those Counterstrike addicts :P
They make WoW Fanatics look like Pussies.

Return to “Campfire”