Music you like...

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules

The music you like is...

Urban (rap, rnb, hip-hop)
3%
Pop (including emo)
5%
Classical
11%
Jazz
No votes
Jazz
No votes
Rock/Alternative
26%
Metal/Punk (including nu-metal)
15%
Folk/Country
2%
Dance music (techno, rave, trance and such)
8%
Video game music
14%
Other
16%

Total votes: 111

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Feb 2006, 22:32

Whats so scary about Britney Spears?Cant you just expel Britney Spears from your country,so that Britney Spears never apears in it again? :devious: :devil:

LordHoborgXVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LordHoborgXVII » 06 Feb 2006, 22:38

She would be taken in by a country that harbours Terrorists, and they would use her as a Weapon of Mass Destruction. It would be the end of civilisation!
Or maybe it wouldn't. They should just make her a gardener or a janitor, to serve a constructive purpose, for the good of the society! And to be a perfect example of the ideal citizen, so people would follow the example! And then there would be an excess of gardeners and janitors, but at least things would be clean.
Or they could just use her as a Weapon of Mass Destruction before anyone else does.
Happy Millenium!

IceCold2000
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby IceCold2000 » 08 Feb 2006, 00:32

I don't know where all of these obnoxious posts came from, but I'm telling you that I will not tolerate obnoxious tossing in my threads. I think it's better for me to ask the administrator to close this music thread and start a new one without a poll, if that's what you want.

And Ethric, you can ***********.

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 08 Feb 2006, 03:26

IceCold2000 wrote:I don't know where all of these obnoxious posts came from, but I'm telling you that I will not tolerate obnoxious tossing in my threads. I think it's better for me to ask the administrator to close this music thread and start a new one without a poll, if that's what you want.
Dude, lighten up. People round here (well, round every form i've ever visited on the interweb) have a habit of getting off topic. There's nothing here I can see which is remotely obnoxious. If there's personal attacks, flaming, excessive swearing etc. etc. we'll step in, but there's nothing here which warrants closing/moderation.
Far as I can tell, there's 2 posts by him here. One was supporting you and the other was random off-topic nonsense. I can't see how you got offended by either of them.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 08 Feb 2006, 05:49

People rarely go off topic when you ask a very specific question that hits at the very part of the game like music. As most of you know, music was a rough translation of JRT's habit of rhyming every 37th line of the elvish translations of his books.

On top of that, the poems from the Lord of the Rings had a great influence on the Top Hits of the 1300s. It was Gelgabar who once siad... "Without Music. We would have random notes played in a non organized fashion which would not make any sense."

I had a music teacher that also taught art which I always thought was a little strange because she always taught the class from the barrel of a cannon, which on every other Thursday would launch her across the quad.

I think her name was Marge.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 08 Feb 2006, 09:22

IceCold2000 wrote:
Apologies, I won't make any jokes in your threads again.

On the other hand, we don't know what all the *'s are in place of... may be something positive :)

Err, no jokes, starting now...
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Feb 2006, 12:56

Hey, please - huh!? Your making a mockery... Ah yes, I see you've covered that.

By the way, did I mention Modern Talking sucks?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 08 Feb 2006, 13:58

I voted Rock/Alternative just for the sake of voting, but as ThunderTitan said in a post on page 1,
I don't think that there's one style of music in which all the songs are good. Me, I like songs not styles.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Kilfire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kilfire » 09 Feb 2006, 13:46

theLuckyDragon wrote:I voted Rock/Alternative just for the sake of voting, but as ThunderTitan said in a post on page 1,
I don't think that there's one style of music in which all the songs are good. Me, I like songs not styles.
I'll second that (or is that "I'll third that" now?)
pop, classical, jazz, rock, industrial, folk, techno, trance, latin, spaghetti western, who cares?

It's the tune that counts :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Feb 2006, 13:50

Kilfire wrote:spaghetti western, who cares?
That's a music style? Since when?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Zombie_Inc
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Zombie_Inc » 26 Jul 2006, 12:34

I voted Metal (NOT including Nu-Crap) because that's where my heart and soul are, but I also like Brouque and Classical Music. Vivaldi, Bach, Mozart, Beethoven... The Fab Four :D .
I really like the Progressive and\or Melodic Death metal (namely Opeth, Orphaned Land, Ayreon, early Dream Theater...) but like I said, I also like Classical, so there's the music that combines Metal and Classical which is also great (Therion, Symphony X...)

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 26 Jul 2006, 17:29

Err...so where's the "I like all genres"-option? I can't possibly settle on just one genre :disagree:

The only thing I don't like very much is techno....that sux :disagree:
Musical music and soundtrack music is my all time favourites. Although I don't think soundtrack music qualifies as a genre ;| :D
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Zombie_Inc
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Zombie_Inc » 26 Jul 2006, 17:46

Actually I read in a lot of bands' websites that their major influence is soundtracks, namely Nightwish and Epica. I think it's because soundtracks (I'm talking about original soundtracks, not featured songs or something) are less artistic and give you more of a sensation, more of a feeling of the scene. So maybe you could call it a genre...

P.S. Woohoo I'm not a leprchaun!

Goat
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Goat » 26 Jul 2006, 18:10

Pretty much any Metal except for Nu, Power, Melodic and most Heavy Metal.

I also like Neofolk, some Industrial, Classical, Ambient and trippy Rock in the vein of Jefferson Airplane. And some more music that isn't devoid of artistical qualities and purely driven by $$$.
"Thou art the Great Cat, the avenger of the Gods, and the judge of words, and the president of the sovereign chiefs and the governor of the holy Circle; thou art indeed...the Great Cat." –Inscription on the Royal Tombs at Thebes

Zombie_Inc
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Zombie_Inc » 26 Jul 2006, 18:16

just out of curiosity, what kind of metal does that leave?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Jul 2006, 18:23

Dark metal,of course :devil: :devious:

Funny how no one voted menele :devil:
Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Err...so where's the "I like all genres"-option? I can't possibly settle on just one genre :disagree:
It falls into the "other" option.

Goat
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Goat » 26 Jul 2006, 18:34

Zombie_Inc wrote:just out of curiosity, what kind of metal does that leave?
Black, Death, Doom, Thrash. And various other mix-Metal genres. There's Progressive too, but I've never listened to it so I didn't include it.
"Thou art the Great Cat, the avenger of the Gods, and the judge of words, and the president of the sovereign chiefs and the governor of the holy Circle; thou art indeed...the Great Cat." –Inscription on the Royal Tombs at Thebes

Deni
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Deni » 26 Jul 2006, 18:42

voted classical

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 26 Jul 2006, 22:29

DaemianLucifer wrote:It falls into the "other" option.
But really it's not "other" cause it's all of the above but heck, I'll just vote "other" then.

It seems I always buy soundtracks cause they have so much different music and almost all the music is often unknown but really cool :tsup:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 27 Jul 2006, 00:40

i like so many of those categories .... too hard to pick

Return to “Campfire”