Quotes and Signatures

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Dec 2008, 08:04

Avonu wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote:
Avonu wrote:
That's what happens when you don't leave the house much Stan...
Oh, you only need watch politicians in TV - no need to leave house.
Yeah, but you'd expect politicians to be all sorts of shysters and unsavory gits...

Fear of a Black Hat wrote:...

Tasty-Taste: "We are anti-violent. Anyone who says different, I am going to bust a cap in your ass!"

Tasty Taste: It is our civic duty to bang the booty!

Nina Blackburn: "What is the difference between a bitch and a hoe?"
Tone-Def: "A hoe fucks everyone. A bitch fucks everyone but you!"

Nina Blackburn: Your new album is "NWH: Fear Of A Black Hat."
Ice Cold: Right. But see actually that shit was suppose to be "NWH: Fear Of A Black Hat," subtitled "Don’t Shoot ‘Til You See The Whites."
Nina Blackburn: Of their eyes?
Ice Cold: Whose eyes?
Nina Blackburn: Don’t shoot until you see the whites of their eyes.
Ice Cold: No, no, no! Don’t shoot until you see the whites. Period. That’s it. End of story. You know what I’m saying? But the record company, they dogged us out. They wouldn’t let us put it on it.
Tasty Taste: Yeah. We should have busted a cap in their ass.
Tone Def: They're always trying to censor our shit.
Nina Blackburn: For instance, with the song "Kill Whitey."
Ice Cold: That shit was a whole big misunderstanding. They took the whole thing out of context.
Tone Def: They were trying to say we were advocating killing white people and shit.
Tasty Taste: Yeah! Do I look like the type of nigga that could kill a whole buncha white mutha fuckas? I mean, you know, if provoked, but not on a humbug."
Nina Blackburn: Well, in the song lyrics I’m quoting: "He’ll rip you off. He’ll take your money, make you work for free. Though you may scoff. It isn’t funny. He’s the devil, see. Kill Whitey."
Ice Cold: Right. Now how can you listen to that and think we’re talking about killing all white people?
Tone Def: Fact. We were talking about one specific whitey. Whitey Deluca our ex-manager.
Tasty Taste: He ripped us off for 70 g's.
Ice Cold: That’s right. And Whitey Deluca wasn’t even white. He was Italian. He was one of those olive complexion MFs you know.
Nina Blackburn: If I remember correctly, he ended up murdered?
Ice Cold: We wasn’t in town when that shit happened.
Tone Def: Wait a minute, we were here.
Ice Cold: No, no, no. We were in Cleveland like a "mo fo" remember?
Tone Def: Oh, yeah.

Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 16 Dec 2008, 14:16

Some wise quotes I found:
Knowledge talks, wisdom listens.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!
Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.
Criticizing is easy, art is difficult.
I don’t know what the key to success is, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.
Not to care for philosophy is to be a true philospher.
Guns don’t kill people — people do.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 16 Dec 2008, 14:46

Asheera wrote:
I don’t know what the key to success is, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.
hehe not necessarily if they return that ;)

"one for all and all for one"
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Dec 2008, 14:46

Asheera wrote:
Criticizing is easy, art is difficult.
How diffivult can it be when a 4 year old can do it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marla_Olmstead
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 16 Dec 2008, 15:04

It was more regarding those that say: "Your work sucks" (replace work with any kind of art, including a map, 3D model, painting, etc), and thus criticize others without knowing how difficult it is to make that.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Dec 2008, 07:55

Because you can't make something sucky if you work on it a lot?! See Daikatana.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 20 Dec 2008, 13:31

[q="Josh Groban"]“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”[/q]
“Dogs have Owners, Cats have Staff.”
[q=" Ethel Barrymore"]“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.”[/q]

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 22 Dec 2008, 23:57

Jeff Dunham: Happy Holidays!
Walter: Scr*w you, it's Merry Christmas.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 25 Dec 2008, 13:44

He who laughs last didn't get it.
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
[q="Henny Youngman"]I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places. He told me to quit going to those places.[/q]

Oh and this one definitely fits William/Old_Man :D
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Jan 2009, 11:08

“Friends are helpful not only because they will listen to us, but because they will laugh at us; Through them we learn a little objectivity, a little modesty, a little courtesy; We learn the rules of life and become better players of the game”
~Will Durant
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 05 Jan 2009, 18:59

Ending of family "discussion":
- There. See how pleasant things can be when we're all civil?
- If you like civil wars...

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 05 Jan 2009, 21:33

[q="Sam Ewing"]Computers will never take the place of books. You can't stand on a floppy disk to reach a high shelf.[/q][q="Helen Hayes"]If you rest, you rust.[/q]
And for those who hate their luck, it is because of:
The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
:D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Jan 2009, 08:36

Asheera wrote: And for those who hate their luck, it is because of:
The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pls... it's more like 99,99% in my case... actually when i took the admission test for university in the economic section i missed 2 questions in the first one, 1 question (that was 2 points instead of 1, just to keep the same loss of points) for the second one, and 2 for the third one just that way, for 100% wrong when i was unsure between 2 of the 4 option you had, with the other one always being right (3 different faculties, same Uni).

Life hates my guts... or just likes torturing me.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 07 Jan 2009, 12:45

That's because the boogeyman is watching you and gives you bad luck. :devious:

[q="Albert Einstein"]The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead.[/q]

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Jan 2009, 11:47

Asheera wrote:That's because the boogeyman is watching you and gives you bad luck. :devious:
Prob trying to get me to join... but i'm my own scary stalker, thank u very much...

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 15 Jan 2009, 20:34

[q="Robert Louis Stevenson"]Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap ... but by the seeds you plant![/q]

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 15 Jan 2009, 20:42

ThunderTitan wrote: Life hates my guts... or just likes torturing me.
Or maybe it's karma.... :devil:
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Jan 2009, 09:11

Corribus wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote: Life hates my guts... or just likes torturing me.
Or maybe it's karma.... :devil:
Oh c'mon... i would have never worn a toothbrush moustache...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Jan 2009, 10:48

With scenario writer Nasu Kinoko and graphic desginer Takeuchi Takashi among others, you are now given the chance to explore...
Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
--monir (anime suki moderator)
Well you need the disc to see the movies! That's where they're stored, if you don't have it in how can the game produce cinematics from thin air?
--Cepheus
Wow, you are crazy like hell. Of course it fixed the problem ;)
-- Hubert Mantel in private e-mail
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 18 Jan 2009, 13:35

Cepheus? That Cepheus from HC? (Corlagon here)
An optimist will tell you the glass is half-full; the pessimist, half-empty; and the engineer will tell you the glass is twice the size it needs to be
[q="Leopold Fechtner"]He's got a photographic mind. Too bad it never developed.[/q][q="Johathan Raban"]Trouble defies the law of gravity. It's easier to pick up than to drop.[/q]

Return to “Campfire”