All about more food

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Jul 2008, 14:45

The rule is to taste everything. If I don't like it, I won't eat it again, and no problems there. But the last couple of years I've come to like several things I didn't think I'd enjoy at all, so I'm tasting most things nowadays; the motto: "I'll try anything once, except drugs".
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 08 Jul 2008, 14:50

But how do you know that only drugs are bad for your health? Some kind of food can "damage" you too

Hmm, and I'm also picky when it comes to new food to try :)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 08 Jul 2008, 14:52

Asheera wrote:But how do you know that only drugs are bad for your health? Some kind of food can "damage" you too
Presuming you are allergic, which would also be good to know if you are, right? :proud:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Jul 2008, 15:06

Indeed, but I already know what I'm allergic to. You guys wanna hazard a guess at what happens if I peel (peel, not eat) a carrot? :)

I'm also semi-allergic to nuts and apples, meaning the allergic response (although palpable) is negligible.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 08 Jul 2008, 18:52

I hate it when people force me to try something I know I won't like :disagree:

Anywho, it's pretty late now but I'm gonna make proper warm dinner for myself tonight :) Oh I'm just so proud of myself :proudirule:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 08 Jul 2008, 18:54

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:I hate it when people force me to try something I know I won't like :disagree:
Oh yeah trust me I know the feeling of that :ill:

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 08 Jul 2008, 18:57

I think we had a discussion about it once here. I remember someone saying that they hated when people put things in food, they knew you hated, and then not telling you until afterwards, and saying with a big smile: "It's not so bad anyway huh?"...
People do that to me too...
Who do it to you then? Cause luckily my family's given up :sweat:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 08 Jul 2008, 19:04

When I was a kid, my mother often gave me some food I don't like and I refused. She always said: "You either eat that or don't eat at all" and I had to eat it at some point :ill:
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 08 Jul 2008, 19:08

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:I think we had a discussion about it once here. I remember someone saying that they hated when people put things in food, they knew you hated, and then not telling you until afterwards, and saying with a big smile: "It's not so bad anyway huh?"...
Actually in my case, I was pretty sure that I was going to eat it (no one hided it from me), but sometimes I had to be "polite" when I was invited, so I had to eat it.

The excuse with allergy doesn't really work the second time on different food, much less the third time :disagree:

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 08 Jul 2008, 19:15

Asheera wrote:When I was a kid, my mother often gave me some food I don't like and I refused. She always said: "You either eat that or don't eat at all" and I had to eat it at some point :ill:
When I got something on my plate I didn't like, I simply ignored it and ate the rest, afterwhich I simply retired. And I didn' like a LOT of things; Chicken, Fish, Pork, Strawberries, Tomatoes, Bacon, Sprouts, Cabbage, Onions, Asparagus, Pumkins etc... All of them things I like now. The only thing I still hate to eat is Ham. :tsdown:

as you can see, I was a real unsympathetic ans spoilt brat in my childhood :D

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 08 Jul 2008, 19:36

I have been forced into a new diet and I hate it. My cholesterol level was at 329! The doctor said if it was'nt for my low blood pressure, I should be dead. But now I take statins, and I know if the food sucks, I can eat it. Now I know how an alcoholic feels. I dream of greasy cheeseburgers and french fries with tartar sauce....oh, and pizza too. :cry:

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 08 Jul 2008, 19:36

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:I think we had a discussion about it once here. I remember someone saying that they hated when people put things in food, they knew you hated, and then not telling you until afterwards, and saying with a big smile: "It's not so bad anyway huh?"...
Well with that trick, you have the right to make an appropriate response :devious:

Neither of my parents eat black pudding, and my dad doesn't eat birds at all, so they got nothing on me. Worse with grandparents who grew up under the war and all, never heard of anything they won't eat. Maybe some really foreign-looking stuff :-D

edit: ouch Byte, that doesn't sound good :S A woman at work just got diagnosed lactose-intolerant a few months ago, it seems very bothersome to have to completely rearrange your daily diet.

I don't think I dare go to the doctor...
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 08 Jul 2008, 22:27

@BB: I'm sorry to hear that too. Won't you ever be able to eat those things again? :s

@mr. lakely: When I was a little girl we often had stuff for dinner that I didn't like. And I say "stuff" cause some of it was indescribable :disagree:
It just so happened that whenever we had something I didn't like, I had to go to the bathroom for about 20 minutes :D
Not a hard one to figure out but at least I was off the hook. And I'm good at not eating very much. If I don't like it I won't eat it even if I'm really starving ;)

As mentioned earlier, I'm proud of myself today for I made myself....dinner! :-D And here's a picture of it. It's a chicken filet smeared in red pesto, herbs, paprika and lemon and then fried.
With that I had a mango/cucumber salad and some fried apples :yummy:

- Dragon Age Origins

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Jul 2008, 22:29

Yummy... you can make me dinner if you like :yummy:

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 08 Jul 2008, 22:30

Quid pro quo my friend :D
- Dragon Age Origins

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Jul 2008, 22:33

What's for dessert? :oex:

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 08 Jul 2008, 22:35

Homemade ice-cream/sorbet? :) Or did you have something else in mind? :D
- Dragon Age Origins

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Jul 2008, 22:44

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Or did you have something else in mind? :D
:ashamed: Well...

:devious:

I'll take the sorbet, followed by a massage. :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Jul 2008, 14:18

Kalah wrote: I'll take the sorbet, followed by a massage. :)
Happy Ending included?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 12 Jul 2008, 15:10

WoW Mila. That salad looks good.
No I can never have that kind of food again. My body produces more Cholsterol than I take in. In other words, my body is trying to kill me. It's an inherited thing. My family has a long history of Heart Attacks and Strokes. But if I keep my Cholesterol down, I won't have that problem. It sucks I can't have a cheesburger anf fries anymore, but that's just the way it is. I envy people who can eat greasy food. I really do.

Return to “Campfire”