Favorite drinks of Round Table members

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jun 2006, 13:00

Paulus1 wrote:Coffee is just fine... especially if you are tired and need to stay awake.
Tea is better for this,since it has more caffeine.And there are also energy drinks.
Paulus1 wrote: And the taste is just fine, though some tend to make it too strong.
Is there any other way to make it? :devious: :devil:

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 08 Jun 2006, 13:03

Coffee breath is the worst ever too..
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 08 Jun 2006, 13:07

@DL
but the taste of tea is horrible :(

@Milla
Not worse than a smokers breath..

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jun 2006, 13:12

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Coffee breath is the worst ever too..
Paulus1 wrote:@Milla
Paulus is right.
Paulus1 wrote:@DL
but the taste of tea is horrible :(
Not at all.It tastes really nice to me.But,tastes do differ.And I like my tea without any sugar.Just some lemon.

Xenofex.XVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Xenofex.XVII » 08 Jun 2006, 13:13

1. Juice
2. Water
3. Beer
4. Milk
5. Tea with no sugar
66. Coffee with milk with no sugar
666. Coffee without milk with no sugar

I don't drink other Alcoholic drinks and Driks full of CO2 (Like lemonade) . :vomit:
It is time to stop believing and start understanding. - Rael

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 08 Jun 2006, 13:18

Sorry to disappoint you there, but most beer are brewed with Co2 added in order to carbonate. You better stop drinking beer now :D

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 08 Jun 2006, 14:05

DaemianLucifer wrote:Tea is better for this,since it has more caffeine.And there are also energy drinks.
Don't you ever look anything up before your post it, or do you just post whatever random "fact" that enters your head?

Per unit volume, coffee has about double to quarduple the caffeine content of tea. You can see a qualitative list here: http://coffeetea.about.com/library/blcaffeine.htm

Tea is much better for you, though, as it's loaded with phytochemicals (particularly green tea).
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 08 Jun 2006, 14:34

Corribus wrote:Tea is much better for you, though, as it's loaded with phytochemicals (particularly green tea).
Mmmm... tea... :yummy: Tea goes well with a game of chess too.
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 08 Jun 2006, 14:46

Green tea (for me Twinings) is also healthy, plenty antioksidants which they claim helps against cancer in a certain degree. Green java tea is one of my fav, and the smell reminds me of something...cigarettes maybe? Four red fruits, forest fruits from Lipton comes second. Green lemon and jasmine tea share the place with the green java . Since jasmine is a flower, the tea smells very good too, brings peace and comfort after a long days work :butterfly:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jun 2006, 17:32

Corribus wrote: Don't you ever look anything up before your post it, or do you just post whatever random "fact" that enters your head?

Per unit volume, coffee has about double to quarduple the caffeine content of tea. You can see a qualitative list here: http://coffeetea.about.com/library/blcaffeine.htm
Thats per cup.Compare the amount of tee you put in that cup,and the amount of coffee you put in that same cup.Now if you had the same amount of both in the same amount of water,those values would differ drastically.

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 08 Jun 2006, 20:10

Well, per cup (given same cupsize) should be the relevant way to measure this IMO.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 08 Jun 2006, 20:20

8 oz is 8 oz, no matter what cup you put it in. Unless that cup only holds 4 oz.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jun 2006, 20:57

Vlad976 wrote:8 oz is 8 oz, no matter what cup you put it in. Unless that cup only holds 4 oz.
Its 8 oz of tea in water,not just tea.That one bag of tea you put in is about two spoons,while on the same quantity you put,at least,four spoos of coffee.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 08 Jun 2006, 21:08

DaemianLucifer wrote:Thats per cup.Compare the amount of tee you put in that cup,and the amount of coffee you put in that same cup.Now if you had the same amount of both in the same amount of water,those values would differ drastically.
That makes no sense whatsoever. The values on the webpage I gave you are for brewed liquids. Trust me: I've isolated caffeine from both (starting with solids) in a chemistry lab (and from soda). Coffee has more caffeine than tea. It's not even close.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jun 2006, 21:17

Corribus wrote: That makes no sense whatsoever. The values on the webpage I gave you are for brewed liquids. Trust me: I've isolated caffeine from both (starting with solids) in a chemistry lab (and from soda). Coffee has more caffeine than tea. It's not even close.
For the second one,I cant argue.But how can the concentration of caffeine be higher in a solid coffee than in solid tea,if they are 2:1 in brewed liquids where the concentration of solid coffee and solid tee is 2:1 in the same amount of water?(which is the reason I said tee has more caffeine in the first place)

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 08 Jun 2006, 21:28

DaemianLucifer wrote:For the second one,I cant argue.But how can the concentration of caffeine be higher in a solid coffee than in solid tea,if they are 2:1 in brewed liquids where the concentration of solid coffee and solid tee is 2:1 in the same amount of water?(which is the reason I said tee has more caffeine in the first place)
I don't know why you care about the amount in solid tea vs. solid coffee, because nobody consumes that any way. The statement was made in the context of which beverage was a better source of caffeine. Coffee is clearly the winner in that regard. It's why everyone drinks coffee.

And even so, given that coffee (beverage) usually has at least twice as much caffeine per unit volume as tea, even if they were brewed from a 1:2 ratio of the solids (which I doubt is a uniform number), the coffee STILL has an equal or greater amount of caffeine, per mass of solid. Then you have variables like the fine-ness of the solid, etc. However, when I extracted it from the solids, I still acquired more from coffee than from tea.

There are also many other variables. The more you roast coffee, the less caffeine it has. Ditto goes for tea types ("fermenting" instead of roasting). Even the region where the plant was grown can affect the content of the bean/leaf.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 09 Jun 2006, 00:52

@Milla
very, very true .... my wife used to be a smoker, but she quit about 3 and a half years ago, i was a happy man!!
It's why everyone drinks coffee.
not quite everyone .....

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 09 Jun 2006, 02:34

stefan.urlus wrote:not quite everyone .....
Well, I don't either, for that matter. I think the stuff is vile (though, it smells rather good, I'll admit).

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 09 Jun 2006, 03:04

C, it seems like you're the DL mythbuster. Now all we gotta do is get some stuff for you to blow up.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 09 Jun 2006, 03:05

hmmm, i think it both smells and tastes vile ....

Return to “Campfire”