Round Table Championship

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 09 Sep 2007, 16:11

Greenshirts, eh? I will destroy them!
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 09 Sep 2007, 16:31

I see many destruction threats lately :tongue:
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 09 Sep 2007, 17:06

Elvin wrote:I see many destruction threats lately :tongue:
I will destroy you too!!!
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 09 Sep 2007, 17:15

:D
- Metathron

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 10 Sep 2007, 07:24

As usual, my assassins are waiting... waiting... waiting...waiting.... :tired:
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 10 Sep 2007, 07:31

Backstab!
- Metathron

Holger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Holger » 10 Sep 2007, 08:52

It will be a cold day in Hell if we loose another match!

Cyclop 1: Who we play?

Cyclop 2: We play Frosties.

Cyclop 1: Mmmmmm... me like Frosties.

Cyclop 2: No, no. We play ice cold Frosties.

Cyclop 1: ?!?!? Me like Frosties with milk 'n' berries. Mmmmmm... berries.

Cyclop 2: We play Frosties Fighters.

Cyclop 1: Me throw snow balls and not rocks? FUN!!!

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 10 Sep 2007, 10:34

The frosties fighters will stand up to the challenge! :-D Prepare for a snowball fight!
- Metathron

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Sep 2007, 20:22

Let's roll! Matchday #3 is at an end and this is the moment of truth! Let's see who goes through to the quarterfinals after the group stage, shall we?

Er... guys...? Will you stop it with the PS3 and get on with the commentary dammit!

Matchday #3 is over... the video is available here. Results and match reports to follow...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 10 Sep 2007, 20:41

Ooh gotta check that! :-D
- Metathron

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Sep 2007, 21:56

The Blistering Barnacles - The Bumbling Bunnies 3-7
The Bunnies took the home team out for a walk tonight, taking a clear 1st place in the group, advancing through to the quarterfinals undefeated. Leading by 5-0 at half-time, the Bunnies were laughing and singing as they walked to the dressing rooms. Emerging for the second half, they seemed to go at half power, saving most of their strength for the finals. Losing it 3-2, they seemed more than happy to concede a couple of what turned out to be no more than consolation goals for the Barnacles, who are soundly stuck at the bottom of Group A.

Thundering Chargers - Laughing Leprechauns 1-1
One-all here didn't help neither team. The match was even, but neither side appeared very eager to attack the opposition's goal. Only when there were some twenty minutes left on the clock did the Chargers get the first of the match, and things livened up. Realizing that the only chance of advancement to the next stage would be through the "lucky losers" arrangement, they would still need to win the match, and the Leprechauns started a run for the goal. The Chargers fell back to defend, and managed to do so quite effectively. Still, the Leprechauns managed to get the ball in the net on a corner five minutes from time; it would be that one only, though, and so both these teams stand little chance of reaching stage #2.

Frost Fighters - Colourful Cyclops 5-0
The Frost Fighters were supposed to be the underdogs, but with this huge win in the last match of the group stage, they rise to the top of Group B on goal differance. Having been beaten by none other than the Assassins in the first match, it seemed victory was all the sweeter for the Fighters who could hardly believe their ears when they heard the good news. They must have heard at half-time that the Nightmares held the Assassins to 0-0 thus far, and if only they could score a few more, the chance could be there... And so indeed it turned out to be.

Velvet Nightmares - Assassins 2-0
Hope turned to despair for the Assassins as they heard the message carrying the result from the other match. Not only are they down from first place, they're not even in for a place among the best second placed teams. They're out. The torunament started so well for the Assassins, but that fateful draw against the Cyclops turned out to be the tipping weight on the scale. The Velvet Nightmares, having fought hard throughout and keeping the goal shut for the away team, are likely in for a place among the "lucky losers".

Unbridled Unicorns - The Rolling Furrymenaces 1-1
"Booooriiiiing!!!" he said. No, not the fan down ringside, though he probably felt the same way - this was the commentator, who eventually switched over to a re-run of "Ricki Lake". As the Unicorns got a penalty and converted, he was going "Go, Ricki! Go Ricki!" in the booth, prompting the other commentators to shut down his feed. The match went on, the Furrymenaces equalized, aaaaand... well, if this match is never heard of again, it will be a million years too soon. This, ladies and gentlemen, is why the great sport of football is having trouble breaking through in the U.S.

Humongous Melonheads - Nukular Turbo Toasters 5-7
"Yeah, baby! Yeah, baby!" the fans shouted to their teamas the goals kept pouring in. Consolidating their grip on Group C, the Toasters were never in any doubt they would not make it to the finals. If they keep up their excellent scoring form there, chances are they can go all the way to the top and take home the trophy. The Melonheads were given ample praise for their attacking style of play, which yielded goals aplenty but opened up backwards as well.

The Atomic Sparrows - Riddlemakers 5-2
Consolidating their group lead, the Sparrows burst through the defensive ranks of the Riddlemakers again and again to produce a score of no less than +3. With six points after two matches were done, there never was much doubt that they'd go through; the only question really was how much they would sink the Riddlemaker ship. Leaving them open to score for two, Kareeah Indaga's team aren't leaving the tournament without a fight, only without enough points.

The Phantoms - GInfo 3-4
GInfo are likely candidates for one of the two open slots for the quarterfinals after beating The Phantoms on their own ground, adding another three points to their total and giving them six in competition with the others. This match was by far the most entertaining of round #3; play flowing back and forth, goals being scored in both directions and leaving the fans with high blood pressure and no clue as to who would come out on top. Leading by one five minutes from time, the away team decided to make a stand for it. Such things rarely pay off, but this once the tactics worked. GInfo take all three points, and are looking for a slot among the second-placed teams.

Monkish Monkies - Aqua Rangers 5-5
This, the group of death, had all three teams lined up with three points after the first two rounds. Draws today was all the party lacked. Indeed, the Aqua Rangers seemed to have victory in their grasp, but relaxing a little too much the last few minutes quickly saw the hard-working Monkies slide two home past the goalie leaving it a 5-5 and one point each. The away team's coach did not seem very happy as he left the stadium, knowing his team had finished dead last in the group - on goal differance.

Greystone Oaks - Gravyluvn Cheesepotatoes 5-5
Not just another draw, but another 5-5 draw. What are the odds of that? We called betsafe.com, and got it calculated at 75.346 to one. I'll bet the guy who out a finney on those scores should be pretty happy by now. The third match was a hoot for these teams; neither team wanting to lose, going all-out attack whenever they were one behind. The Cheesepotatoes were left at a disadvantage against the Oaks' hard-working midfield, yet they managed to come back every time. A lead they were not able to achieve, however, and a single point to each team turned out to be a result neither could live with. Chances for advancement are slim, with only 4 points after the group stage.

Greenshirts - The Snakes 2-1
The Snakes were expected to find trouble against the tenacious defenders of the home team, and trouble was what they got. The GReenshirts opened fiercely, scoring twice in twenty minutes, while The Snakes barely got going. Once they did, they hit a brick wall in the shape of Angelspit, the huge home team captain controlling the defensive line. Growing increasingly frustrated, the away team kept hitting from far and wide, but the more they tried, it seemed the further away from victory they were. The Greenshirts controlled the match from start to finish, taking their first and last points of the tournament.

Great Summoners - Quantum Kumquats 4-1
Being somewhat at a disadvantage against the away team's aggressive strikers, the Summoners' coach decided to bet everything on one strategy: keeping the ball away from them. Moving the team high up the field, passing it whenever they had it, breaking down plays whenever they didn't it seems the strategy was working. 1-1 at half-time became 2-1 on a lucky free kick, and 3-1 on an even luckier penalty. In the goal, the home team's captain was just impossible. Scoring another just before the end, the Summoners rise to the very top of Group F - by one measly goal.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Sep 2007, 22:14

Updated group standings available in Microsoft Excel format here.

The teams going directly through to the quarterfinals are:

The Bumbling Bunnies (group A)
Frost Fighters (group B)
Nukular Turbo Toasters (group C)
The Atomic Sparrows (group D)
Monkish Monkies (group E)
Great Summoners (group F)

Along come the two best 2nd-placed teams. There are three canidates, who all have six points: Velvet Nightmares, GInfo and Quantum Kumquats.

Velvet Nightmares (group B) are through to the next round, with a score of 6 and a goal differance of +4 (12-8).

GInfo and Quantum Kumquats have scores of 6, goal differances of +3, and an equal number of goals scored (11). The teams are exactly alike in points and goals. That means a fourth match will have to be played:

GInfo and Quantum Kumquats will face one another in a direct-qualification match on Wednesday - the day after tomorrow.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Sep 2007, 22:39

That's it, my players are so gonna end up kicking brick walls at the next practice session... :mad:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 10 Sep 2007, 22:58

What do you know 5-0 :hoo: It gets better each time but we will strive to remain competitive and not let our guard down.
- Metathron

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 11 Sep 2007, 00:00

Does that mean my team got eliminated?

:sad:

:cry:
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 11 Sep 2007, 01:17

WOOHOO! :oex: Now I can watch from the sidelines like I wanted to in the first place! *throws a party for the team* Free beer, guys, you deserve it! :applause:

But poor winter...it's okay, you can join the festivities! :-D *hands winterfate a gallon-sized tankard and pushes him toward the party*

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 11 Sep 2007, 01:22

The Blistering Barnacles - The Bumbling Bunnies 3-7
ahhhh .... those sweet sounds .... and I believe that makes me the very best team of the first stage .... by most goals scored from the very accomplished Atomic Sparrows .... most goals scored full stop .... those bunnies be quick!

oh and TT? sorry bout that, but your barnacles got handed their asses :D
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Sep 2007, 01:40

Kareeah Indaga wrote:Free beer, guys, you deserve it! ... *hands winterfate a gallon-sized tankard and pushes him toward the party*
No beer for me... :( there'd be angry WADA people on the doorsteps the next day...

Again, the group standings can be downloaded here (excel file).

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 11 Sep 2007, 01:50

Kareeah wrote:But poor winter...it's okay, you can join the festivities! big smile *hands winterfate a gallon-sized tankard and pushes him toward the party*
Aw...thank you very much Kareeah! :hug:

*takes the gallon-sized tankard and starts drinking from it*

Ok, so, who do we think is going to win this Championship? :)
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 11 Sep 2007, 01:50

Image Image

And it's working.Image
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Return to “Campfire”