Need for idiocism

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Need for idiocism

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Jan 2006, 13:36

What is it with people and bullet time!First max payne had it.Ok,fine,they came up with an excelent idea to ease gameplay that is fun.Good for them.It got imidiatelly transfered to bloodrayne.Fine,shes a vampire,she is faster than normal humans.Then it got into matrix.Ok,it is what the movie says,you can focuse to speed yourself up.Then in prince of persia.Oh,fine,so it revolves around time sands,let it be like that.But what the hell does bullet time do in need for speed?!?! :| :disagree: :| :disagree: Just because one feature works in one ganre of games doesnt nececerally mean it will work in them all!Whats next?Bullet time in fifa,then in sims,then in heroes?!?!Its a race!Its supposed to be fast and hard!They inserted it in there just because some idiots dont know how to use handbrake and release gas when turning.Newsflash:If you have hard time playing it,then dont play it!!

Then there are all of those stupid warnings."Race just in here,and in real world obey the law and fasten your seatbelt".Look,if you cannot raise your children properly thats your own fault!Stop shifting blame!"Oh,my poor baby!He shot three people just because he played that devils video game!"WRONG!He shot three people because his parents left it to the street to raise him!

On to the burning issue of simplifying heroes:

The reason chess is still being played after thousands of years is because it requires intelegence.Sure,anyone can play it,but if you dont use your brain,youll never be any good at it.The same goes for heroes.It is supposed to be a game of tactics,a game of wits.Not some flashy game where everything is dummed down.Fantasy games were made up so immaginative people can put their ideas(their worlds)to life.If you dont have time or patience to play heroes properly,then dont play it!There are other games for you.

Oh,and one more thing:

*bleh* :devil:

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 26 Jan 2006, 14:19

I'm all infor idiocism!!! :-D :-D :-D

Oh, wait you don't really need idiocism... :embarrased:

Ok ok, read the post - now, we don't need bullet time in HoMM V, and it's impossible to implement in HoMM -> what would they what to 'bullet time'-ize. The swing of a sword, the shot of an arrow?

That's lame.

Spam, Spam, Spam! Spam 'em to do what WE want! (I allways wanted to say that last bit)
Grah!

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 26 Jan 2006, 14:33

Corporate suits like regurgitating stuff, they don't have to spend time being inventive.

I got it, bullet time in Solitaire! :devious:
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 26 Jan 2006, 15:00

Nononono, bullet time for SCREEN SAVERS! :D ;) :devious:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Jan 2006, 16:11

They inserted it in there just because some idiots dont know how to use handbrake and release gas when turning
I'm pretty sure that you can't take a turn in real time like you can in Bullet Time. Just like in Max Payne, where you could shoot at 3-4 guys with atleast 5+ bullets each. Guess it's true, you can do the imposible while you're on drugs.

"release gas" :loll:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 26 Jan 2006, 19:20

Vlad976 wrote:Corporate suits like regurgitating stuff, they don't have to spend time being inventive.

I got it, bullet time in Solitaire! :devious:
No - in Minesweeper! Oh wait that fits to good - it's a no-no
Grah!

Return to “Campfire”