Funny habits!

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Oct 2008, 22:43

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Ohh, cause I resurrected it :D Hihi.
You didn't resurrect it. You dug it out of the ground. :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 06 Oct 2008, 02:26

I use to turn on my PC every time I get home even if sometimes I shut it down after 10 minutes without doing anything...
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 06 Oct 2008, 12:06

Another funny thing about not staying "idle":

When I encounter a loading screen, I do NOT just stay there and wait, usually I turn to the mouse and re-arrange it to be right at the center of the pad... The thing is, this is involuntarily, as I actually wouldn't like to do it :P
Either that, or when the HDD is loading I turn around to the PC led that tells that :P

Probably I'm too impatient in nature :D
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Funny habits!

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 06 Oct 2008, 13:04

@E: A demon growling behind you? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Asheera wrote:When I listen to songs (sound tracks - those are my favs :P) I tend to imagine some kind of scene that would fit the song :D if it's a battle music, I imagine a battle, etc

I don't know if this is common though :P
I do that A LOT!! My brother makes electronic music and regularly invites me to listen to his newest works. And I always hear myself saying: "Wow, this would fit perfectly into *insert movie genre/video game*".
I listen mostly to soundtracks. That's probably the reason. :)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Oct 2008, 13:51

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote: My brother makes electronic music and regularly invites me to listen to his newest works.
Isn't torture illegal in your country?!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 11 Oct 2008, 13:53

:lolu:
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 11 Oct 2008, 15:02

Well to be honest I get the joke but it doesn't fit that well with electronic music (which is mostly ambiental) especially if it's for soundtracks. If it were hard techno or black metal i would have understood...

I mean look at Terminator 1 soundtrack for example.

yes I know I ruined the joke. :P
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 11 Oct 2008, 15:29

Why so SIRIOUS Borsuc? :P

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 11 Oct 2008, 16:42

Milla wrote:My brother makes electronic music and regularly invites me to listen to his newest works.
Is that you, Alex Collins?

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 11 Oct 2008, 20:31

Okay, whenever I have to do the handshake thing at business meetings, social gatherings, etc. I shake the other person's hand hard enough to make their teeth rattle. This is especially hilarious if you get someone who gives you one of those 'dead fish' handshakes. :rofl: I'm not sure when I started doing this but it does seem like I've been doing it since I was a little kid.

One time, a guy I knew saw me coming & held out his hand to shake … only he locked his arm at the elbow & shoulder, causing my teeth to rattle. :D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Oct 2008, 23:04

Borsuc wrote:Well to be honest I get the joke but it doesn't fit that well with electronic music
Made on a computer... 'nuff said. (meh, it can be ok, but less impressive)
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 12 Oct 2008, 04:51

HodgePodge wrote:Okay, whenever I have to do the handshake thing at business meetings, social gatherings, etc. I shake the other person's hand hard enough to make their teeth rattle. This is especially hilarious if you get someone who gives you one of those 'dead fish' handshakes. :rofl: I'm not sure when I started doing this but it does seem like I've been doing it since I was a little kid.

One time, a guy I knew saw me coming & held out his hand to shake … only he locked his arm at the elbow & shoulder, causing my teeth to rattle. :D
The handshake tells much about the respective person. :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Oct 2008, 09:34

HodgePodge wrote: I shake the other person's hand hard enough to make their teeth rattle.
Pll like that make me want to smack them upside the head...

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 12 Oct 2008, 10:47

ThunderTitan wrote: Made on a computer... 'nuff said. (meh, it can be ok, but less impressive)
You know that my favorites are orchestral soundtracks, right? :devious: which are mostly done on the computer with orchestral samples

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 12 Oct 2008, 11:25

Hehe most orchestral game soundtracks and some low-budget movie soundtracks are indeed made with the computer samples (that is, real acoustic instrument sampled with the computer). Hans Zimmer and Jeremy Soule are examples of such composers :)
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 12 Oct 2008, 16:52

Still, I liked the "What shall we die for".

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Nov 2008, 14:16

Asheera wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote: Made on a computer... 'nuff said. (meh, it can be ok, but less impressive)
You know that my favorites are orchestral soundtracks, right? :devious: which are mostly done on the computer with orchestral samples
Sure hon, anything you say... (women, not really that hard to please... if you can just let go of any respect for yourself...)

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 24 Dec 2008, 03:09

I usually associate a color with voices but it isn't necessarily a visual thing.

I sometimes pace at the bus stop but other times I can stand quite still.

I also have the habit to read whenever I am eating.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Dec 2008, 21:40

PhoenixReborn wrote: I also have the habit to read whenever I am eating.
Me 2... but mostly forum posts (food on books = reason for murder).

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 24 Dec 2008, 22:06

But you should know that it's not healthy to read or talk when eating ;)

Return to “Campfire”