HOMM4: Million-GP Auction

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Jan 2007, 12:17

HOMM4 Million-GP Auction:
- Longbow, Item, Ranged, 1000 gp;
- Mayhem Staff, Major, Two-Handed, 4550 gp;
- Cart of Lumber, Treasure, Miscellaneous, 1300 gp;
- Cart of Ore, Treasure, Miscellaneous, 1260 gp;
- Thunder Hammer, Relic, Two-Handed, 10600 gp;
- Tome of Chaos, Major, Left Hand, 5100 gp;
- Sandwalker Sandals, Minor, Feet, 575 gp;
- Shield of Chaos, Major, Left Hand, 4050 gp;
- Horned Bow, Relic, Ranged, 10200 gp;
- Cloak of Warding, Treasure, Shoulders, 1025 gp;
- Dragon Scale Armor, Major, Torso, 6300 gp;
- Armor of Chaos, Major, Torso, 6100 gp;
- Ankh of Life, Minor, Neck, 2500;
TOTAL: 54560 gp, 6740 gp left; (61300 gp)
I just wanted the chaos set... a nice bow and i couldn't pass up a hammer of thunder, could I. Oh, and i can build myself a nice cabin too. The rest were something to spend money on.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 19 Jan 2007, 15:42

Actually, I am quite happy with my selection, although I would have liked to get a Halberd of the Swiftwatch as well. I was rather hoping for a Ring of Permanency too, but the price went up too far so I had to settle for lesser item instead (Crown of Enchantment - it may be considered overpriced in itself, but not in the context of spending the rest of my money on it or having it wasted).
Is the Halberd that necessary? You already have the Hideous Mask.

And you were never going to get the Ring of Permanency :) See my post on page 1.
I guess it's your ring, but at least those barbaians of yours won't have any defense against other spells. :-D
Yeah, right. Laugh until I stop using my Barbarians and bring an array of magic casters to the battlefield, backed by Divine Intervention :D

@ThunderTitan's choice - I imagine you picked more for sentimental value than for game value? The Horned Bow certainly seems overpriced a little, and so does the Longbow, Mayhem Staff and Tome of Chaos. I can't see any of your artifacts affecting gameplay as devastatingly as the Flaming Arrow as well, for example.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Jan 2007, 16:25

Banedon wrote: @ThunderTitan's choice - I imagine you picked more for sentimental value than for game value?
D'oh.... but someone had to buy the not-so-great one's, didn't they. The Longbow was me just making sure i had a bow. As for being overpriced... i still had money left. :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 19 Jan 2007, 16:26

This is what I love about auctions. Everyone has different "got-to-have-it" items and you could really see the prices escalate when multiple people reeeeeeeally wanted certain items...

In the first round... it was an all out bidding war (money burns holes in pockets) on the Shackles of War and the Dragon Scale Shield. Those two items were so overpriced... it was funny!

But that's what happens when you got a hot potato. It moves around fast and someone get's burned!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 19 Jan 2007, 18:24

Banedon wrote: Yeah, right. Laugh until I stop using my Barbarians and bring an array of magic casters to the battlefield, backed by Divine Intervention :D
You'd have to catch me first. :tongue: And who says I don't have my own cadre of magic-users, which my items will benefit more than your items will help yours.

And do you know which ring is "stronger" or not?

And while I think the shackles are a bit overpriced, it's nowhere near the level of the Dragon scale shield. I think I'd been willing to pay about as much for the shackles even if they'd been in a later round.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 19 Jan 2007, 21:18

Here's my list of stuff:
Bull Rune Battleaxe, Relic, Right Hand, 20000
Crossbow, Item, Ranged, 2100
Life Shield, Major, Left Hand, 3600
Wand of Blesses, Minor, Right Hand 1500
Fireproof Boots, Minor, Feet, 500
Ring of Strength, Treasure, Ring, 5000
Tome of Life, Major, Left Hand,, 5000
Mage's Robe, Minor, Shoulders, 3000
Helm of Power , Major , Head, 6300
Adamantine Armor, Relic, Torso, 6000

The thing that's gonna see the most use is the Adamantine Armor. Gonna turn that into additional armor plating to supplement the stuff already in place. Might try to do that with the Life Shield too.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 20 Jan 2007, 02:02

You'd have to catch me first. And who says I don't have my own cadre of magic-users, which my items will benefit more than your items will help yours.

And do you know which ring is "stronger" or not?
Eh...you don't have any speed boosting artifacts either (!&!* Mytical why'd you have to outbid me for the Boots) while your Boots of the Explorer will be negated by GM Pathfinding, so shouldn't have that much problems catching you. If it came to an army vs. army fight I believe I have the upper hand as well since my items boost my army by a ton.

I certainly prefer the Ring of Permanency. I can shield my heroes with creatures but you can't escape the Mass Cancellation.

Does anybody have a list of what all artifacts do? I can't remember exactly what they are for.

@Vlad976's selection - You sure got some good items cheaply (Adamantine armor) and I think it's an OK selection after all, despite some overpriced items. You rely on your heroes and I on my arm :)

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 20 Jan 2007, 07:31

My selection:

Amulet of Fear 3500
Wand of Weakness 200
Crystal Figurine 1650
Halberd of the Swiftwatch 15150
Master's Spellbook 1100
Wand of Animating Dead 1000
Valder's Crossbow of Sloth 9999
Wand of Fire 3100
Tome of Order 6100
Ring of Health 5000
Greatsword 691
Wand of Illusion 450
Leather 550
Guildmaster's Compendium 7000

Where the wand of fire and guildmaster's compendium were a bit overpriced and the wand of illusion is a steal. The rest was pretty well priced imo, although I would have paid a lot more for the Halberd, which I consider to be the best artifact in the game.

I was hoping for the Ring of Permanency but never had a chance..
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 20 Jan 2007, 13:21

well the platemail was all I could afford, but happy with the rest, will give a pretty mean hero I reckon

Bow of the Elf King - overpriced to be sure, but I like it
Adamantine Shield - a great shield!
Crusader's Mace - i like this one and i reckon I got it cheap too
Ring of Speed - to complement my winged sandals
Golden Platemail - pretty cheap for decent armour
Winged Sandals - to complement my ring of speed
Crest of Valor - gee I really need some units in my army don't I? then all these artifacts will really help!
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 21 Jan 2007, 00:59

Ah yes... The wniged snadals!

For Banedon...

Image, Num, Item, Type, Position, Buyer, Bid, Description
Image, 2, Flask of Mercury, Minor, Miscellaneous, a55a55in, 400, Gives +1 mercury per day when equipped by a hero.
Image, 2, Wizard's Ring, Treasure, Ring, a55a55in, 200, Increases the hero's spell points by 5, and regenerates +1 spell point per day.
Image, 4, War Sling, Treasure, Ranged, a55a55in, 4220, Increases the hero's Ranged Attack by 10.
Image, 7, Sniper's Crossbow, Minor, Ranged, a55a55in, 7700, Increases the hero's Ranged Attack by 3, and negates all range penalties. All friendly creatures also have no range penalties.
Image, 7, Cowl of Resistance, Minor, Shoulders, a55a55in, 3000, The hero gains 50% magic resistance.
Image, 8, Ring of the Cobra's Eye, Minor, Ring, a55a55in, 18000, Creatures struck by the hero in combat are Poisoned (same as the Death spell).
Image, 9, Soul Stealer, Major, Right Hand, a55a55in, 15000, Increases the hero's Melee Attack and Melee Defense by 4. For every 2 hit points of damage done, the hero gains 1 hit point.
Image, 10, Tynan's Dagger of Despair, Major, Right Hand, a55a55in, 5000, Targets struck with this weapon receive maximum negative morale as the Death Spell, Sorrow.
Image, 4, Helm of Command , Major , Head, Banedon, 13000, All friendly targets get +20% to their Melee and Ranged Attack, +20% to their Melee and Ranged Defense, and +1 to their speed.
Image, 5, Warlord's Ring, Treasure, Ring, Banedon, 4000, Increases the Melee and Ranged damage of all friendly targets by 20%.
Image, 8, Lion's Shield of Courage, Major, Left Hand, Banedon, 3500, Increases the Melee and Ranged Defense of all friendly by 40%. It also gives the hero +3 Melee and Ranged Defense.
Image, 15, Axe of Legends, Major, Right Hand, Banedon, 5500, Increases the hero's Melee Attack by 8. Friendly targets gain +40% melee and ranged damage.
Image, 15, Poison Arrow, Minor, Miscellaneous, Banedon, 13300, Creatures struck by the hero's ranged attack are Poisoned, same as the Death spell.
Image, 15, Ring of Permanency, Minor, Ring, Banedon, 20000, All friendly targets are immune to Dispel, Cancellation, and Steal Enchantment.
Image, 1, Dragon Scale Shield, Minor, Left Hand, DaemianLucifer, 25000, Gives all friendly creatures +30% to their Melee and Ranged Defense and the Fire Resistance ability. It also gives the hero +3 Melee and Ranged Defense.
Image, 4, Shield, Item, Left Hand, DaemianLucifer, 1000, Gives the hero +3 Melee and Ranged Defense.
Image, 5, Axe, Item, Right Hand, DaemianLucifer, 510, Increases the hero's Melee Attack by 8, and decreases the hero's speed by 1.
Image, 7, Magic Amplifier , Minor , Head, DaemianLucifer, 2020, All friendly creatures use 33% less spell points when casting spells.
Image, 8, Deadwood Staff, Major, Right Hand, DaemianLucifer, 7654, The staff begins each combat with 12 spell points and regenerates 4 spell points per round.
Image, 9, Wand of Curses, Minor, Right Hand, DaemianLucifer, 1550, Casts the Curse spell. The wand begins each combat with 2 spell points and regenerates 2 spell points per round.
Image, 10, Shield of Order, Major, Left Hand, DaemianLucifer, 4100, Gives all friendly creatures Chaos Ward and +30% to their Melee and Ranged Defense. It also gives the hero +3 Melee and Ranged Defense.
Image, 10, Snowshoes, Minor, Feet, DaemianLucifer, 2000, Gives an army the ability to ignore Snow terrain movement penalties.
Image, 11, Angel's Blade, Minor, Right Hand, DaemianLucifer, 4767, Increases the hero's Melee Attack and Melee Defense by 3. All friendly targets do +50% damage against Death creatures.
Image, 12, False Gryphonheart Blade, Minor, Right Hand, DaemianLucifer, 2050, Increases the hero's Melee Attack and Melee Defense by 8.
Image, 13, Amulet of the Undertaker, Minor, Neck, DaemianLucifer, 950, Increases the hero's Necromancy skill by 10% if the hero has the skill. Otherwise, it acts as the Basic Necromancy skill.
Image, 13, Helm of Seeing , Treasure , Head, DaemianLucifer, 500, The hero and all friendly targets are immune to Blind.
Image, 14, Wand of Ice, Minor, Right Hand, DaemianLucifer, 1050, Casts the Ice Bolt spell. The wand begins each combat with 4 spell points and regenerates 2 spell points per round.
Image, 15, Gem Casket, Minor, Miscellaneous, DaemianLucifer, 1550, Gives +1 gem per day when equipped by a hero.
Image, 1, Gambler's Deck, Treasure, Miscellaneous, Echo_, 3300, All friendly targets get +1 luck.
Image, 1, Nomad Blackbow, Minor, Ranged, Echo_, 1580, Increases the hero's Ranged Attack by 20.
Image, 2, Armor of Life, Major, Torso, Echo_, 4000, Increases the hero's Melee and Ranged Defense by 20, and also grants them Death Ward.
Image, 2, Unnatural Shield, Major, Left Hand, Echo_, 3500, Gives all friendly creatures Nature Ward and +30% to their Melee and Ranged Defense. It also gives the hero +3 Melee and Ranged Defense.
Image, 2, Badge of Courage, Treasure, Miscellaneous, Echo_, 180, All friendly targets are immune to Fear spells and effects.
Image, 4, Arrow of Stunning, Treasure, Miscellaneous, Echo_, 4000, The hero's ranged attack has a chance of Stunning the target, depending on the damage done and the toughness of the target.
Image, 4, Giant Slayer, Minor, Right Hand, Echo_, 2000, Increases the hero's Melee Attack and Melee Defense by 3. The hero does double melee damage against level 4 creatures.
Image, 5, Supreme Crown of the Magi , Relic , Head, Echo_, 8000, The hero gains +50 spell points and regenerates 10 extra spell points per day.
Image, 6, Cape of Protection, Minor, Shoulders, Echo_, 1900, All friendly targets gain 30% magic resistance.
Image, 7, Boots of the Crocodile, Minor, Feet, Echo_, 800, Gives an army the ability to ignore Swamp terrain movement penalties.
Image, 9, Tome of Death, Major, Left Hand, Echo_, 6666, Contains all Death Magic spells. The hero must have the corresponding Death Magic skills to cast the spells.
Image, 3, Mage's Staff, Item, Two-Handed, Fyl, 850, Reduces the mana cost of all spells by 1 point. Uses both the left and right hand slots.
Image, 4, Unnatural Armor, Major, Torso, Fyl, 7500, Increases the hero's Melee and Ranged Defense by 20, and also grants them Nature Ward.
Image, 4, Horseshoe, Treasure, Miscellaneous, Fyl, 1250, All friendly targets get +1 luck.
Image, 5, Spear of the Centaur, Major, Ranged, Fyl, 2750, Increases the hero's Melee and Ranged Attack by 8, and all friendly ranged creatures suffer no penalty when fighting hand-to-hand.
Image, 5, Staff of Wizardry, Major, Two-Handed, Fyl, 1500, Reduces the mana cost of all Order spells by 50%. The minimum cost of any spell is 1 point. Uses both the left and right hand slots.
Image, 6, Leprechaun's Ring, Minor, Ring, Fyl, 3000, Gives +2 luck to all friendly targets.
Image, 6, Seaman's Hat , Major , Head, Fyl, 3000, The hero gets no penalty for disembarking or boarding a ship.
Image, 6, Death Shield, Major, Left Hand, Fyl, 3000, Gives all friendly creatures Life Ward and +30% to their Melee and Ranged Defense. It also gives the hero +3 Melee and Ranged Defense.
Image, 7, Ring of Lesser Negation, Minor, Ring, Fyl, 2000, When casting spells, the hero ignores all "Ward" limitations caused by creature abilities and spells.
Image, 7, Crystal of Memory, Treasure, Miscellaneous, Fyl, 1000, All friendly targets are immune to Forgetfulness.
Image, 8, Sextant, Treasure, Miscellaneous, Fyl, 2000, Gives the hero +50% movement over the sea.
Image, 1, Shackles of War, Major, Miscellaneous, Gaidal Cain, 22100, No army may retreat or surrender during combat.
Image, 1, Purse of Penny Pinching, Minor, Miscellaneous, Gaidal Cain, 300, The hero gains a 10% discount on all creature purchases when this item is equipped. It only works if the hero is doing the actual hiring and will not work through the Caravan screen.
Image, 3, David's Sling, Treasure, Ranged, Gaidal Cain, 1070, All friendly creatures do 50% more ranged damage to level 4 enemies.
Image, 3, Chain Mail, Item, Torso, Gaidal Cain, 1010, Increases the hero's Melee and Ranged Defense by 8. It also decreases movement by 1 and increases the casting cost of all spells by 1 point.
Image, 5, Can of Spam, Item, Miscellaneous, Gaidal Cain, 320, Teaches the hero <some spell> spell. To learn the spell, equip the Parchment in the hero's left hand. The hero must have the sufficient magical skill to learn the spell.
Image, 6, Mind Shield , Minor , Head, Gaidal Cain, 800, All friendly creatures are immune to mind spells.
Image, 11, Steadfast Shield, Minor, Left Hand, Gaidal Cain, 2200, Gives all friendly targets +30% to their Melee and Ranged Defense. It also gives the hero +3 Melee and Ranged Defense.
Image, 12, Mirror of Revenge, Major, Neck, Gaidal Cain, 3000, The hero gains the Magic Mirror ability (same as the Chaos Magic spell).
Image, 12, Wand of Haste, Minor, Right Hand, Gaidal Cain, 200, Casts the Haste spell. The wand begins each combat with 2 spell points and regenerates 2 spell points per round.
Image, 15, Brazier of Sulfur, Minor, Miscellaneous, Gaidal Cain, 1100, Gives +1 sulfur per day when equipped by a hero.
Image, 15, Statesman's Medal, Minor, Neck, Gaidal Cain, 500, Increases the hero's Diplomacy skill by 10% if the hero has the skill. Otherwise, it acts as the Basic Diplomacy skill.
Image, 15, Cloak of Distraction, Minor, Shoulders, Gaidal Cain, 1000, The hero ignores the threat area of enemy troops.
Image, 15, Staff of Power, Major, Two-Handed, Gaidal Cain, 2000, Reduces the cost of all spells by 1/3. The minimumum spell cost is 1 point. Uses both the left and right hand slots.
Image, 15, Brimstone Breastplate, Major, Torso, Gaidal Cain, 3000, Increases the hero's Melee and Ranged Defense by 20, and also grants them Fire Shield.
Image, 15, Ring of Greater Negation, Relic, Ring, Gaidal Cain, 7200, All spell immunities and protections are negated for all creatures and heroes, friend and foe alike.
Image, 15, Boots of the Explorer, Major, Feet, Gaidal Cain, 13400, Gives an army the ability to ignore all movement penalties.
Image, 8, Dwarven Shield, Treasure, Left Hand, I_Dun_Hat3_CT, 1500, Gives all friendly targets +20% to their Melee and Ranged Defense. It also gives the hero +3 Melee and Ranged Defense.
Image, 1, Cap of Knowledge , Treasure , Head, Kalah, 60, The hero gains +5 spell points and regenerates 1 extra spell point per day.
Image, 2, Mullich's Helm of Leadership , Minor , Head, Kalah, 3500, All friendly targets get +2 morale and +1 speed.
Image, 2, Throwing Spear, Minor, Ranged, Kalah, 1600, Increases the hero's Melee and Ranged Attack by 8.
Image, 2, Staff of Death, Major, Two-Handed, Kalah, 370, Gives the hero +50% to the damage and power level of Death spells. Uses both the left and right hand slots.
Image, 3, Scarab of Summoning, Relic, Neck, Kalah, 19000, Increases the power of the hero's summoning, raise, and illusion spells by 100%.
Image, 4, Staff of Summoning, Major, Two-Handed, Kalah, 5470, Reduces the cost of creature summoning spells by 50% with a minimum cost of 1 point. Uses both the left and right hand slots.
Image, 8, Sack of Gold, Minor, Miscellaneous, Kalah, 12500, Gives +750 gold per day when equipped by a hero.
Image, 11, Tome of Nature, Major, Left Hand, Kalah, 6100, Contains all Nature Magic spells. The hero must have the corresponding Nature Magic skills to cast the spells.
Image, 11, Surefooted Boots, Minor, Feet, Kalah, 460, Gives an army the ability to ignore Rough terrain movement penalties.
Image, 14, Ring of the Elementals, Minor, Ring, Kalah, 4000, All Summon Elementals spells create twice as many creatures as normal.
Image, 14, Journeyman's Notebook, Minor, Left Hand, Kalah, 1300, Contains all second level spells. The hero must have the appropriate magic skills to cast the spells.
Image, 15, True Gryphonheart Blade, Relic, Right Hand, Kalah, 2100, Increases the hero's Melee Attack and Melee Defense by 8. It also increases the Melee Attack of all friendly creatures by 40%. Only a Gryphonheart can use it in battle.
Image, 11, Equestrian's Gloves, Minor, Ring, Milla aka. The Slayer, 11000, Provides +25% movement on land.
Image, 11, Elven Chain Mail, Treasure, Torso, Milla aka. The Slayer, 5400, Increases the hero's Melee and Ranged Defense by 10.
Image, 11, Wand of Fireballs, Minor, Right Hand, Milla aka. The Slayer, 2700, Casts the Fireball spell. The wand begins each combat with 8 spell points and regenerates 2 spell points per round.
Image, 12, Archmage's Codex, Relic, Left Hand, Milla aka. The Slayer, 7000, Contains all fifth level spells. The hero must have the appropriate magic skills to cast the spells.
Image, 12, Circlet of Wisdom , Minor , Head, Milla aka. The Slayer, 5000, The hero gains +10 spell points and regenerates 2 extra spell points per day.
Image, 14, Robe of the Guardian, Major, Shoulders, Milla aka. The Slayer, 15000, The hero is immune to the damage taken from the first 3 attacks of each combat.
Image, 14, Telescope, Item, Miscellaneous, Milla aka. The Slayer, 1000, Increases a hero's scouting radius by 1.
Image, 15, Logbook of the Master Sailor, Minor, Left Hand, Milla aka. The Slayer, 1500, Increases a hero's movement over the sea by 25%.
Image, 15, Armor of Death, Major, Torso, Milla aka. The Slayer, 2500, Increases the hero's Melee and Ranged Defense by 20, and also grants them Life Ward.
Image, 12, Sword of the Gods, Relic, Right Hand, mytical, 10000, Increases the hero's Melee Attack and Melee Defense by 3. All friendly targets do +50% damage.
Image, 13, Demonary, Minor, Left Hand, mytical, 6500, All demon type summoning spells (Death Magic) call twice as many creatures.
Image, 13, Wand of Healing, Minor, Right Hand, mytical, 1500, Casts the Heal spell. The wand begins each combat with 2 spell points and regenerates 2 spell points per round.
Image, 14, Emerald Longbow, Major, Ranged, mytical, 7000, Increases the hero's Ranged Attack by 30.
Image, 15, Saint Ranan's Staff, Major, Two-Handed, mytical, 4000, Doubles the effect of all healing spells. Resurrects 20% of all killed creatures after cpmbat, fractions always rounded down. Uses both the left and right hand slots.
Image, 15, Boots of Travel, Major, Feet, mytical, 21000, Gives an army +50% movement on land.
Image, 3, Gryphonheart's Plate Mail, Major, Torso, Orfinn, 16000, Increases the hero's Melee and Ranged Defense by 30.
Image, 4, Ring of Protection, Treasure, Ring, Orfinn, 7500, Increases the Melee and Ranged Defense of all friendly targets by 20%.
Image, 5, Dwarven Hammer, Treasure, Right Hand, Orfinn, 3800, Increases the hero's Melee Attack by 10.
Image, 6, Longsword, Item, Right Hand, Orfinn, 1300, Increases the hero's Melee Attack and Melee Defense by 3.
Image, 2, Apprentice's Handbook, Treasure, Left Hand, Pepak, 500, Contains all first level spells. The hero must have the the appropriate magic skills to cast the spells.
Image, 7, Hideous Mask , Minor , Head, Pepak, 27310, The hero's attack sends out a wave of fear that keeps his or her opponent from retaliating. After the attack, the opponent struck by Fear runs away for a short distance.
Image, 9, Spider's Silk Arrows, Treasure, Miscellaneous, Pepak, 12000, Casts Bind on enemy targets struck by a ranged attack.
Image, 13, Flaming Arrow, Relic, Miscellaneous, Pepak, 9000, The hero's normal ranged attack now does fire damage in a 3x3 yard radius.
Image, 15, Crown of Enchantment , Minor , Head, Pepak, 4400, The hero can cast mind spells on creatures who are normally immune to mind spells (negated by the Mind Shield).
Image, 15, Neener's Invulnerable Cloak, Relic, Shoulders, Pepak, 7000, The hero gains 100% magic resistance.
Image, 6, Barbarian Throwing Club, Minor, Ranged, Pitsu, 2700, Increases the hero's Melee and Ranged Attack by 5. Any creature struck by the hero may be stunned.
Image, 9, Mantle of Spell Turning, Major, Shoulders, Pitsu, 8000, The hero gains 70% magic resistance.
Image, 9, Flaming Sword, Major, Right Hand, Pitsu, 7500, Increases the hero's Melee Attack and Melee Defense 3. In addition, the hero does 30 hit points of Fire Damage plus 3 per level of the hero.
Image, 10, Ring of Regeneration, Major, Ring, Pitsu, 12000, Restores 20 hit points plus 2 per level of the hero (rounded down) per round of combat.
Image, 12, Breastplate of Regeneration, Major, Torso, Pitsu, 10000, Increases the hero's Melee and Ranged Defense by 20, and also regenerates 20 hit points plus 2 per level.
Image, 15, Four Leaf Clover, Treasure, Miscellaneous, Pitsu, 3000, All friendly targets get +1 luck.
Image, 15, Maranthea's Mug, Major, Miscellaneous, Pitsu, 5000, Gives all friendly targets +3 morale.
Image, 15, Druid's Chain, Minor, Neck, Pitsu, 8000, Increases the hero's Summoning skill by 1 level if the hero has the skill. Otherwise, it acts as the Basic Summoning skill.
Image, 1, Necklace of Charm, Minor, Neck, Sir William S Titan, 220, Increases the hero's Charm skill by 5% if the hero has the skill. Otherwise, it acts as the Basic Charm skill.
Image, 3, Bag of Gold, Treasure, Miscellaneous, Sir William S Titan, 6000, Gives +500 gold per day when equipped by a hero.
Image, 4, Purse of Gold, Treasure, Miscellaneous, Sir William S Titan, 10000, Gives +250 gold per day when equipped by a hero.
Image, 6, Pandora's Box, Relic, Miscellaneous, Sir William S Titan, 2244, Anything or everything can be put into Pandora's Box. You might have a battle when you open the box. You may get a free artifact, experience, troops, morale, luck, spell(s), or even resources. Or just the opposite can occur: you might lose something. The fact is, you never really know!
Image, 6, Grail, Relic, Miscellaneous, Sir William S Titan, 0, Allows the construction of the grail strcuture in the town that houses it. Can't be equipped, but miscellaneous is the best category for it.
Image, 10, Sword of Swiftness, Major, Right Hand, Sir William S Titan, 12750, Increases the hero's Melee Attack and Melee Defense by 6. The hero also gains an extra melee attack.
Image, 10, Viewing Crystal, Treasure, Miscellaneous, Sir William S Titan, 5000, Gives a hero a +2 scouting radius when equipped.
Image, 11, Fizbin of Misfortune, Major, Neck, Sir William S Titan, 10001, Casts Misfortune on all enemy targets as long as a hero has it equipped.
Image, 15, Medal of Honor, Minor, Neck, Sir William S Titan, 3100, All friendly targets get +2 morale.
Image, 15, Scale Mail of Strength, Major, Torso, Sir William S Titan, 6000, Increases the hero's Melee and Ranged Defense by 10, and also increases their Melee and Ranged Attack by 10.
Image, 9, Bow of the Elf King, Relic, Ranged, stefan.urlus, 26750, Increases the hero's Ranged Attack by 5. All friendly ranged creatures gain +1 shot per ranged attack.
Image, 10, Adamantine Shield, Relic, Left Hand, stefan.urlus, 8000, Gives all friendly targets +50% to their Melee and Ranged Defense. It also gives the hero +3 Melee and Ranged Defense.
Image, 11, Crusader's Mace, Minor, Right Hand, stefan.urlus, 2200, All friendly targets do +30% melee and ranged damage.
Image, 13, Ring of Speed, Minor, Ring, stefan.urlus, 3900, Gives all friendly targets +2 to their speed in combat.
Image, 14, Winged Sandals, Major, Feet, stefan.urlus, 5300, Gives all friendly creatures +2 movement in combat.
Image, 14, Golden Plate Mail, Minor, Torso, stefan.urlus, 3000, Increases the hero's Melee and Ranged Defense by 25. It also costs 1 additional spell point to cast spells.
Image, 15, Crest of Valor, Treasure, Miscellaneous, stefan.urlus, 1275, Gives all friendly targets +1 morale.
Image, 15, Plate Mail, Item, Torso, stefan.urlus, 2450, Increases the hero's Melee and Ranged Defense by 10. It also decreases movement by 2 and increases the casting cost of all spells by 2 spell points.
Image, 1, Arrow of Slaying, Minor, Miscellaneous, Tao Jones, 440, Gives the hero the Slayer ability during ranged attacks.
Image, 3, Armor of Order, Major, Torso, Tao Jones, 6000, Increases the hero's Melee and Ranged Defense by 20, and also grants them Chaos Ward.
Image, 3, Mayhem Staff, Major, Two-Handed, ThunderTitan, 4550, All Chaos direct damage spells do 50% more damage. Uses both the left and right hand slots.
Image, 3, Longbow, Item, Ranged, ThunderTitan, 1000, Increases the hero's Ranged Attack by 5.
Image, 5, Cart of Lumber, Treasure, Miscellaneous, ThunderTitan, 1300, Gives +2 wood per day when equipped by a hero.
Image, 6, Thunder Hammer, Relic, Two-Handed, ThunderTitan, 10600, Increases the hero's Melee Attack by 8, and does 70 hit points of lightning damage plus 7 per level of the hero. Uses both the left and right hand slots.
Image, 6, Cart of Ore, Treasure, Miscellaneous, ThunderTitan, 1260, Gives +2 ore per day when equipped by a hero.
Image, 8, Tome of Chaos, Major, Left Hand, ThunderTitan, 5100, Contains all Chaos Magic spells. The hero must have the corresponding Chaos Magic skills to cast the spells.
Image, 9, Shield of Chaos, Major, Left Hand, ThunderTitan, 4050, Gives all friendly creatures Order Ward and +30% to their Melee and Ranged Defense. It also gives the hero +3 Melee and Ranged Defense.
Image, 9, Sandwalker Sandals, Minor, Feet, ThunderTitan, 575, Gives an army the ability to ignore Sand terrain movement penalties.
Image, 11, Horned Bow, Relic, Ranged, ThunderTitan, 10200, Increases the hero's Ranged Attack by 50.
Image, 13, Dragon Scale Armor, Major, Torso, ThunderTitan, 6300, Increases the hero's Melee and Ranged Defense by 25. It also grants the wearer the Fire Resistance ability.
Image, 13, Cloak of Warding, Treasure, Shoulders, ThunderTitan, 1025, The hero gains 30% magic resistance.
Image, 14, Armor of Chaos, Major, Torso, ThunderTitan, 6100, Increases the hero's Melee and Ranged Defense by 20, and also grants them Order Ward.
Image, 14, Ankh of Life, Minor, Neck, ThunderTitan, 2500, Increases the hero's Resurrection skill by 5% if the hero has the skill. Otherwise, it acts as the Basic Resurrection skill.
Image, 13, Breeze, Minor, Left Hand, Vhilhu, 4321, Increases a hero's scouting radius by 2. Only appears in the "Elwin and Shaera" campaign; can be inserted into user-made maps.
Image, 2, Bull Rune Battleaxe, Relic, Right Hand, Vlad976, 20000, Increases the hero's Melee Attack by 50.
Image, 5, Crossbow, Item, Ranged, Vlad976, 2100, Increases a hero's Ranged Attack by 3, and removes all range penalties.
Image, 7, Life Shield, Major, Left Hand, Vlad976, 3600, Gives all friendly creatures Death Ward and +30% to their Melee and Ranged Defense. It also gives the hero +3 Melee and Ranged Defense.
Image, 8, Wand of Blesses, Minor, Right Hand, Vlad976, 1500, Casts the Bless spell. The wand begins each combat with 2 spell points and regenerates 2 spell points per round.
Image, 8, Fireproof Boots, Minor, Feet, Vlad976, 500, Gives an amry the ability to ignore Volcanic terrain movement penalties.
Image, 9, Ring of Strength, Treasure, Ring, Vlad976, 5000, Increases the hero's Melee and Ranged Defense by 5.
Image, 10, Tome of Life, Major, Left Hand, Vlad976, 5000, Contains all Life Magic spells. The hero must have the corresponding Life Magic skills to cast the spells.
Image, 10, Mage's Robe, Minor, Shoulders, Vlad976, 3000, The mana cost of all spells cast by the wearer is reduced by 1 point.
Image, 13, Helm of Power , Major , Head, Vlad976, 6300, The hero gains +20 spell points and regenerates 4 extra spell points per day.
Image, 15, Adamantine Armor, Relic, Torso, Vlad976, 6000, Increases the hero's Melee and Ranged Defense by 50.
Image, 1, Amulet of Fear, Minor, Neck, wimfrits, 3500, Gives the hero the No Retaliation ability, same as the Fear spell.
Image, 1, Wand of Weakness, Minor, Right Hand, wimfrits, 200, Casts the Weakness spell. The wand begins each combat with 4 spell points and regenerates 2 spell points per round.
Image, 3, Crystal Figurine, Minor, Miscellaneous, wimfrits, 1650, Gives +1 crystal per day when equipped by a hero.
Image, 5, Halberd of the Swiftwatch, Minor, Two-Handed, wimfrits, 15150, Increases a hero's Melee Attack by 25, increases speed by 2, and negates the First Strike ability of enemies. The hero can also attack 2 yards away. Uses both the left and right hand slots.
Image, 7, Master's Spellbook, Major, Left Hand, wimfrits, 1100, Contains all third level spells. The hero must have the appropriate magic skills to cast the spells.
Image, 7, Wand of Animating Dead, Minor, Right Hand, wimfrits, 1000, Casts the Animating Dead spell. The wand begins each combat with 4 spell points and regenerates 2 spell points per round.
Image, 8, Valder's Crossbow of Sloth, Minor, Ranged, wimfrits, 9999, Increases the hero's Ranged Attack by 5. Any target the hero strikes with a ranged attack will suffer from the effects of the Slow sepll.
Image, 10, Wand of Fire, Minor, Right Hand, wimfrits, 3100, Casts the Fire Bolt spell. The wand begins each combat with 4 spell points and regenerates 2 spell points per round.
Image, 12, Tome of Order, Major, Left Hand, wimfrits, 6100, Contains all Order Magic spells. The hero must have the corresponding Order Magic skills to cast the spells.
Image, 12, Ring of Health, Treasure, Ring, wimfrits, 5000, Increases the hero's hit points by 50%.
Image, 12, Greatsword, Item, Two-Handed, wimfrits, 691, Increases a hero's Melee Attack by 13. Uses both the left and right hand slots.
Image, 15, Wand of Illusion, Minor, Right Hand, wimfrits, 450, Casts the Create Illusion spell. The wand begins each combat with 4 spell points and regenerates 2 spell points per round.
Image, 15, Leather, Item, Torso, wimfrits, 550, Increases the hero's Melee and Ranged Defense by 5.
Image, 15, Guildmaster's Compendium, Major, Left Hand, wimfrits, 7000, Contains all fourth level spells. The hero must have the appropriate magic skills to cast the spells.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 21 Jan 2007, 14:49

wimfrits wrote:The rest was pretty well priced imo, although I would have paid a lot more for the Halberd, which I consider to be the best artifact in the game.
Why? The Hideous Mask would allow better, unretaliated melee attacks.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 21 Jan 2007, 15:58

I always thought the Hideous Mask was ugly.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 22 Jan 2007, 10:09

Banedon wrote: Why? The Hideous Mask would allow better, unretaliated melee attacks.
The halberd allows unretaliated attacks by any hero to any stack (except pikemen), boosts damage and increases speed.
The hideous mask allows unretaliated attacks and prevents heroes with at least expert attack from being attacked by anyone except undead or mechanical units in single stack battles.

Comparing the 2 in different fights to see which one is better:
- slow walkers - equal
- fast walkers - hideous mask
- ranged - halberd
- casters - halberd
- flyers - hideous mask
- undead - halberd
- mechanical - halberd
- mixed stacks - halberd

To me that is a clear choice, though I think the 2 are not far apart.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 22 Jan 2007, 12:31

My treasure:

Barbarian Throwing Club, Minor, Ranged, Pitsu, 2700, -- stunning is good
Mantle of Spell Turning, Major, Shoulders, Pitsu, 8000, -- 70% resistance- not the maximum, but better than nothing
Flaming Sword, Major, Right Hand, Pitsu, 7500, -- Would have preferred halberd or even thunder hammer as weapon, but what can a man do against such reckless bidders as we have here... ;|
Ring of Regeneration, Major, Ring, Pitsu, 12000, -- too bad that the ring of health escaped me
Breastplate of Regeneration, Major, Torso, Pitsu, 10000 -- regeneration makes you feel healthy
Four Leaf Clover, Treasure, Miscellaneous, Pitsu, 3000, -- someone robbed the leprechauns ring (+2 luck) and I could not risk to go wihtout any luck...
Maranthea's Mug, Major, Miscellaneous, Pitsu, 5000, -- 5000 gp for a pint of brew is expensive, but good morale is important
Druid's Chain, Minor, Neck, Pitsu, 8000, -- From last round, bought for the excess money. Not planning to keep equiped all of the time, but prior some difficult battles a leprechaun or simple decay stack may come handy.

I do not see really any steal here. Rather paid too much for some items, but nevertheless I am quite satisfied with the selection.

pepak
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby pepak » 22 Jan 2007, 18:54

wimfrits wrote:
Banedon wrote: Why? The Hideous Mask would allow better, unretaliated melee attacks.
Comparing the 2 in different fights to see which one is better:
- slow walkers - equal
- fast walkers - hideous mask
- ranged - halberd
- casters - halberd
- flyers - hideous mask
- undead - halberd
- mechanical - halberd
- mixed stacks - halberd
Slow walkers - Hideous Mask (prevents the walkers from doing any damage)

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 22 Jan 2007, 19:10

pepak wrote: Slow walkers - Hideous Mask (prevents the walkers from doing any damage)
The speed bonus of the Halberd prevents slow walkers from doing any damage as well. That's why imo the 2 are equal against slow walkers.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Jan 2007, 11:06

Thanks to all participants and a big round of applause to Gravyluvr for his tremendous efforts in making this game. Closing now, to make room for new ones - any comments can be made in the Rules&Regs thread.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “Campfire”