How would you rate the new forums?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules

How would you rate the new forums?

Excellent -- the best Heroes forum
24%
Very good -- a huge step forward
43%
Good -- some improvements
25%
Average -- a step backward
4%
Average -- a step backward
4%
Terrible -- not worth my time
No votes

Total votes: 51

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 26 Jan 2006, 21:21

HodgePodge wrote:As far as my "Karma" is concerned, I'm fine with mine. I feel that my attempts to warn unsuspecting people about the dangers of SF gives me really good Karma … and speaking up about the prohibition of images in signatures also falls into the realm of Good Karma. It takes a lot of courage to stand up against a deluge of people who are against your ideas and beliefs. :)
Well maybe some day you will be memorialized with an eponymous highway somewhere for your tireless efforts on the behalf of humanity. :rolleyes:
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 26 Jan 2006, 21:28

Symeon Star-Eyes wrote:Why do we have to visit two forums for topics on HV? (I didn't even know there was such a forum - I thought the comments on the news items were just comments placed on the actual CH pages, and not on the Round Table...)
I agree that it's a little cumbersome. I think I know a way to fix this, but it would take a while to implement. Please don't be offended by the fact that I close the thread. I'm just trying to give priority to the threads that are visible from Celestial Heavens.

I'd prefer that the signature discussion moved somewhere else please! :baby:
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Symeon Star-Eyes
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Symeon Star-Eyes » 26 Jan 2006, 21:30

Corribus wrote:
Symeon Star-Eyes wrote: Why do we have to visit two forums for topics on HV? (I didn't even know there was such a forum - I thought the comments on the news items were just comments placed on the actual CH pages, and not on the Round Table...)
I also noticed that other topics on HV forums have their duplicates on the News Forum, but these are not closed...
The "News Forum" is basically stuff that is posted on the CH website. I.e. news articles there automatically get posted at the News Forum here. If I'm not mistaken.

I understand that, I just don't think it's a good idea to keep topics which are game-specific on the News Forum. I don't have a problem with the News Forum as such, but I don't think it's the right place to discuss such things as creature stats in Heroes V or Hero abilities and skills. That should belong to the H5 Forum even though there is a news item on the main page which contains news on such a subject.
I dont't know, but perhaps Angelspit closed the topic because I linked to the site the news item links to, and so maybe he thought I made the topic as a news item? Think I'm going to send him a message...

Edit: To Angelspit: Well, you've seen my post, so I won't PM you. I'm not offended, I just don't quite understand the reasoning behind the division between the forums. I do, however, think that my argument about a difference in the quality of the comments in the News Forum and the other forums is valid. Meaning that the same topic in the News Forum and the HV Forum might get quite different replies content-wise and quality-wise.
Last edited by Symeon Star-Eyes on 26 Jan 2006, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 26 Jan 2006, 21:30

@Symeon Star-Eyes
I don't know about the other threads, but I think yours was closed because a similar one had been posted as news earlier.

My guess is that if it's in the news, it has priority over those in the separate forums (mods, correct me if I'wrong).

[edit: oops, posted a bit too late. the above might or might not be still helpful.]

Symeon, creating a thread in the Heroes 5 forum for each news item would result in too many threads, I reckon.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Symeon Star-Eyes
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Symeon Star-Eyes » 26 Jan 2006, 21:48

I completely agree with you that a new topic in H5 Forum for each news item on HV would be too much. My point is that discussing creature stats, hero abilities and skills and such things on the News Forum is the wrong place. Discussing the news item as such on the News Forum is fine.

So a news item on an article in a magazine for instance, which says, among other things, that the battlefield will be 12x12 belongs to the News Forum as such. But if one wants to discuss the issue of the 12x12 battlefield that should belong to the HV Forum imo.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 27 Jan 2006, 01:12

Pol wrote:
And that says DaemianLucifer, our best spammer, what's an irony.

:tired:
Well I may be spamming,but I am not bashing everyone that disagrees with me.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Spamian

Unread postby Pol » 27 Jan 2006, 15:58

Yes, you are already my horned favourite. :D :rofl:
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Jan 2006, 17:45

I didnt know where else to ask for this(ok,I admit,I was to lazy to search for the questions thread):Can we have go to page option like on the previous forum(in a form of a list)?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Jan 2006, 18:07

I officially apologize to HodgePodge for taking the side of the moderators,since I saw that pictures indeed are alowed in the signatures.Will you ever forgive me? :beg:

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 30 Jan 2006, 18:14

For that matter, you might wish to think on making your own sig a bit smaller ;) There's obviously no problem with the data size, but if you could decrease its height, by making the text some smaller size or cutting down on the spaces, it would be nice. Thanks.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Jan 2006, 18:26

Gaidal Cain wrote:For that matter, you might wish to think on making your own sig a bit smaller ;) There's obviously no problem with the data size, but if you could decrease its height, by making the text some smaller size or cutting down on the spaces, it would be nice. Thanks.
It has been done!

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 30 Jan 2006, 18:37

Thanks.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Jan 2006, 18:39

Youre wellcome

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Jan 2006, 18:40

Natten är dagens mor
Kaos är granne med Gud
-E.J. Stagnelius
While we're on the subject, what does that mean?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 30 Jan 2006, 18:41

I asked him before... the answer's somewhere on the forum... :D
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 30 Jan 2006, 18:47

Something along the lines of
"Night is the mother of day
Chaos is next to God"

It's the end of a poem by the Swedish Romantic poet Stagnelius.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Jan 2006, 18:53

theLuckyDragon wrote:I asked him before... the answer's somewhere on the forum... :D
Apparently he's not above posting it again. :D

I really hate the fact that I don't know every language that exists everywhere!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 30 Jan 2006, 19:14

Hey, it probably took me less time to write it again than it would take for someone to search for it.

And I'd much rather see that everyone was forced to communicate in a language I know- less hassle for me that way ;)

LordHoborgXVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LordHoborgXVII » 06 Feb 2006, 00:42

Of course it's now more steamlined and more elegant, but I still iss the old forums. The fact that they were uncomfortable and old only made them quaint. And the fac that I can't find my old account and have to start a new one is inconvenient. But on the whole the new forums are reasonably nice.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 06 Feb 2006, 07:00

Including ranks we should be able to create own TITLES after reaching 500.

Return to “Campfire”