Ideas (back by unpopular demands :))

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 27 Nov 2006, 08:31

I think the only problem with it is that the random nature of it will cause it to be avoided, in favour of a spell with more known results
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 29 Nov 2006, 06:48

A long long time ago (before I even heard of HoMM) I sat down and created what I called the Rainbow Dragon's Regalya. It was composed of 5 pieces that seperate were decent, but together was very potent.

I will put the original concept down, then how I recently updated it to be more HoMM friendly. Even the original could be worn by anybody (even mages) without penalty however.

Sword of the Searing Flame - +5 sword that could also do 5-10 fire damage per attack. Granted the wearer 25% damage reduction vs fire as well.

Shield of the Ice Wall (square shield) - Though somewhat heavy this shield was magically animated so it would completely block any 1 attack a round (non-magical). It did give a 2 ac bonus, but that was for the attacks in a round it could not automatically block. It granted the wearer 25% damage reduction from cold damage.

Breastplate of the mountains - Though it looked bulky and unweildy it was in fact as light as a feather but tougher then Mithril. It gave the wearer an effective AC of -3 and they could still benifit from dexterity. It also granted the wearer 25% damage reduction from any druid or earth based spell (and rendered entangle or web useless on the wearer).

Helm of the Hurricane - Dragon Site, double movement in combat, 1 extra attack every 3 turns. Plus 25% damage reduction from lightning or wind based magic (included magic missile for some reason). This might have been the best single item of them.

Cloak of Brilliant Light - Regen (1hp/round but no regaining lost limbs or such). Immunity to darkness, continual darkness, light, continual light. Ultra/infra/Night vision. Immune to any sight imparing spell, but not illusions.

Rainbow Regalya - All the above, but with 5% extra reduction to elements, total immunity to sight (includin illusions) based spells, and 1 breath attack per day of choice).

Now how I've tweaked them to HoMM :) (Names remain same but the Cloak)

Sword - +3 attack, 25 % damage reduction from fire, any unit physically attacked by hero can not regenerate for 3 turns (by any means). All heroes creatures get +2 damage

Shield - +5 defense, 25% reduction to Ice/water damage. Creatures in heroes army take -2 damage from physical attacks.

Breastplate - +7 defense, 25% reduction to Earth based damage, hero can cast Arcane Armor and for free.

Helm- Phantom Force spell is disabled in combat for enemy (but not wearer). Gives target stack 2 attacks their next attack but can not be reactivated for 3 turns. Can Cast Mass Deflect Missile for free and take 25% less damge from lightning based magic.

Cloak of protection - All units regenerat 1 hp per tier level per round (lost units will return from the dead or back to undeath if that was the case). All friendly units are immune to blind and or bezerk.

Rainbow Regalya - All the above (+5 % damage reduction from all magic also). Phantom Force, blind, puppet master, bezerk does not work for enemy casters. All units are immune to secondary dragon breath attacks, and 1 x per combat wearer can grant any 1 stack the effects of dragons breath for 1 attack.
Last edited by Mytical on 29 Nov 2006, 08:14, edited 1 time in total.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 29 Nov 2006, 07:56

Mytical wrote:A long long time ago (before I even heard of HoMM) I sat down and created what I called the Rainbow Dragon's Regalya.
Very cunning of him, transforming into an artifact like that.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 Nov 2006, 08:05

and picking up a "y" in the process, nice :D

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 02 Dec 2006, 09:49

Special 'Barbarian town' buildings, function, and cost.

Got a couple of versions depending on if magic or might or both.

Sand dunes - gives + creatures to 3rd tier creature and also covers outside ground with sand that slows intruders (speed not init). Might version.

Sand dunes - gives + to 3rd tier creature production and increases 'totem' effectiveness *see Totems.

Totem Cairn - During combat a totem is placed on the field. Power and effect of totem is determined by level of town and (Might version) Attack power of Hero if any. Magic version is Spellpower. And both is Attack + spellpower/2. Town level also decides what type of Totem.

Ash totem 4 - 6 level- gives defending creatures a percent chance to do fire damage in adition to normal damage. Might Version.
Magic Version - Cast a fireball 1 x at beginning of combat before any creatures can move. Both - Casts Rightous Might for free at beginning of combat.

Crystal Totem 6-12 level might version - Mana Drains opponit for a set ammount of Spellpoints. Magic Version - Like a mana pool that the hero can call on at any time to cast spells without using own mana. Both - reduces damage of any DD spell by a small ammount.

12-15th level Blood Totem - For every 10% of creatures lost by a defending stack they do an additional 5%(+.33% per town level over 11) of damage (no maximum). Also damage is reduced 2.5%(+.33% per town level over 11) no maximum, and stacks with defense skills.

16+ War Drum Totem - All stacks get 1 (+1 per 3 levels above 15) round Rightous Might and Haste. All enemy stacks get Suffering and Slow. All enemy spells take 1.5 normal mana to cast spells.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 04 Dec 2006, 10:36

Summons lvl 2 - map spell. Monroe's Messenger. Creates a spacial rift that allows the caster to collect from mills under two conditions. 1) Only the mills that the heroes towns have contacted can be collected from. 2) the heroes town has to have been the last town to come in contact with those mills. Just exactly who Monroe is (besides the creater of the spell) nobody knows.

Defiance - Light circle 5 spell. When cast if the combined hp of the enemy is 2x that of the army controlled by the caster all units under the casters control do double damage. However, their defense is cut in half. Also at the end of combat, if the hero wins, all their units are forfeit and they too loose. Lasts the durration of the combat. Can not be Stolen but can be dispelled (but then they don't parish at the end of combat).

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 09 Dec 2006, 11:27

Hmm without panda posting here, and other peoples comments suggestions and ideas it is like i am talking to myself. Anybody actually reading these anymore? :p. Anyhow my re-re-re-revamped swamp town Version 1 (magic oriented). I will appologize for the spellings now so I don't have to later :).

Swamp Mosquito.
Att 1 *
Def 1
Hp 1
Speed 9
init 12

Flying, blood drain.

Giant Mosquito
Att 1 *
Def 2
Hp 3
Speed 9
Init 15

Flying, blood drain, Swarm

Lizardman
Att 2
Def 2
Hp 10
Speed 6
Init 10
Shots 6

Ranged, no melee penalty.

Snakeman
Att 3
Def 3
HP 15
Speed 7
Init 11
Shots 6 (1)

Ranged, no melee penalty, Acid spit.

Level 3:

Dark Whisp

At: 8
Def: 6
Speed: 9
Init: 12
Dmg: 3-5
HP: 20

Mana: 20

Shockshield (not cast) confusion (at advanced).

Shadowwisp

Def: 8
Speed: 10
Dmg: 5
HP: 24

Mana: 32

Shocking attack, shockshield. Confusion (at expert) and mass curse at advanced).

Gorgon

At: 10
Def: 15
Speed: 7
Init: 11
Dmg: 12-18
Shots: 6
HP: 60

No melee penalty, stonegaze.

Medusa

Def: 20
Dmg: 14-20
HP: 90
Shots:8

Improved Stonegaze, No melee Penalty, extra retals (1 extra per 'turn').

Naga/Royal naga (stopping the stats until I can balance them a little :)). Almost same as in other HoMM's but the Royal Nagas have a minor drain effect (something like vampires but not near as strong, only a small portion of what they drain goes to them). Either that or a poison bite.

Battle Maiden - Valkerie (spelling). (think very strong pegesi from H3 for appearence). Flying, Frenzy. Valkerie also gets 'Call of Heroes'.

Gaialisk - Chronolisk - The hybrid offspring of the water dragon god and basalisk (who shortly after became mostly extinct, with only rare ones seen). The Gaialisk have the lower body of the basilisk and the upper body of a diamondback rattler. They have the abilities as listed in viewtopic.php?t=5112&start=30&postdays= ... highlight=
The Chronolisk are really old Gaialisk that have underwent a transformation that makes their like black diamond, making them hard to destroy. 1x per day they can 'time skip'.

Blood Drain - A set ammount of hp of the enemy is subtracted and with that certain ammount the Mosquitos gain extra attack. I am thinking something algorithmic and a very high number of creatures would have to attack to get any benifit out of this. Like ever 20 gets 1 extra attack.

Swarm - Normal attack has the effect of basic, advanced, or expert Wasp Swarm (depending on number of creatures) but no extra damage is dealt (ie only pushing the enemy back in the ATB bar).

Acid Spit - Blinds Enemy can be used only if creature is within 3 squares or closer. Also does normal melee damage.

Shockshield - like fireshield but lightning based and with a small chance per creature to stun enemy. (about .5% per creature to stun creature for 1 turn).

Shock Attack - Prevents retaliation and passes to creatures like a chain lightning that can not effect swamp creatures. Melee attack only.

Stonegaze - has a chance of turning enemies to stone until attacked again. %chance based on how many gorgons.

Improved Stonegaze - Creatures turned to stone has a percent chance of not returning to normal once attacked. Both %chance of the stonegaze activating and % chance of creatures remaining stone when attacked is based on no of Medusa's.

Call of Heroes - Can only target stacks of creatures that have all died (not even a single unit can remain). For 1 turn that stack (friend or foe) returns in its entirety to launch an attack on the enemy. Regardless of damage given, taken, or any other factors that stack disentigrates and can not be the target of any raise dead or ressurrection spell. Even if (do to not able to reach enemies, blinded, or whatever) they can deal no damage to the enemy they turn to ash at the end of their action.
Last edited by Mytical on 11 Dec 2006, 06:29, edited 5 times in total.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 10 Dec 2006, 12:05

Giant Mosquito... hate to be bitten by one of those.. :D
anyway... I so liked the serpent/dragon flies from H3... I would surely like to see that unit type again in the game... maybe your mosquitoes can replace them?... even though a speed 9 would be in order to do the same things the others did

Dark wisp ... sounds cool

Naga/Royal Naga... they seem more like medusas then like classic nagas... Personally I loved H4 medusas... they were, like, my favorite units... so if your stone gaze works like that one... thumbs up from me...

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 10 Dec 2006, 12:08

Ooops yeah they were supposed to be Medusa's, got a couple things mixed up and will fix posthaste. Thanks (was reading and distracted so somethings from the next tier got mixed in with this teir). Yep mosquitos are replacing the others so I upped their speed, wait till you see their special though. Weaker overall, but the special is cool :).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Dec 2006, 13:51

Yes, someone finally got that the Medusa should be an upgrade to the Gorgon as she was one.

But the Mosquito's could use better names.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 10 Dec 2006, 14:36

Serpent Fly sounded nice... Dragon Fly on the other hand... I'm begining to be alergic to dragons... :D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Dec 2006, 14:59

okrane wrote:Serpent Fly sounded nice... Dragon Fly on the other hand... I'm begining to be alergic to dragons... :D
Main difference here is that serpent fly doesnt exist in real world,while dragonfly does:

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 10 Dec 2006, 21:20

Swamp Mosquito.
Att 1 *
Def 1
Hp 1
Speed 9
init 12

Flying, blood drain.

Giant Mosquito
Att 1 *
Def 2
Hp 3
Speed 9
Init 15

Flying, blood drain, Swarm

Lizardman
Att 2
Def 2
Hp 10
Speed 6
Init 10
Shots 6

Ranged, no melee penalty.

Snakeman
Att 3
Def 3
HP 15
Speed 7
Init 11
Shots 6 (1)

Ranged, no melee penalty, Acid spit.

Level 3:

Dark Whisp

Def: 6
Speed: 9
Dmg: 3-5
HP: 20

Mana: 20

Shockshield (not cast) confusion (at advanced).

Shadowwisp

Def: 8
Speed: 10
Dmg: 5
HP: 24

Mana: 32

Shocking attack, shockshield. Confusion (at expert) and mass curse at advanced).

Gorgon

Def: 15
Dmg: 12-18
Shots: 6
HP: 60

No melee penalty, stonegaze.

Medusa

Def: 20
Dmg: 14-20
HP: 90
Shots:8

Improved Stonegaze, No melee Penalty, extra retals (1 extra per 'turn').

Naga/Royal naga (stopping the stats until I can balance them a little smile). Almost same as in other HoMM's but the Royal Nagas have a minor drain effect (something like vampires but not near as strong, only a small portion of what they drain goes to them). Either that or a poison bite.

Battle Maiden - Valkerie (spelling). (think very strong pegesi from H3 for appearence). Flying, Frenzy. Valkerie also gets 'Call of Heroes'.

Gaialisk - Chronolisk - The hybrid offspring of the water dragon god and basalisk (who shortly after became mostly extinct, with only rare ones seen). The Gaialisk have the lower body of the basilisk and the upper body of a diamondback rattler. They have the abilities as listed in viewtopic.php?t=5112&start=30&postdays= ... highlight=
The Chronolisk are really old Gaialisk that have underwent a transformation that makes their like black diamond, making them hard to destroy. 1x per day they can 'time skip'.

Description of abilities will come along shortly, working on stats currently.
I like it. It's pretty cool (can't wait to see what 'time skip' and 'Call of Heroes' do :) ).
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 10 Dec 2006, 23:59

It's all sounding pretty cool to me, the "mosquito" reminds me of my beloved Fortress

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 11 Dec 2006, 06:09

Asking for suggestions on stats for the ones that don't have them. Can't seem to balance them out. Oh and finally starting on skill definitions (editing post above to do so).

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 11 Dec 2006, 06:50

Hmm...let's see:

I would give the remaining units these stats:

Naga/Royal Naga

At: 16 ------20
Def: 12 -----12
Speed: 4 ---- 6
Init: 10 ------ 12
Dmg: 18 ----- 22
HP: 80 ------- 100

Battle Maiden/ Valkyrie(at least that's the way I've seen it spelled in other places...could be wrong).

At: 20 ----- 25
Def: 20 ---- 25
Speed: 7 --- 8
Init: 13 ----- 16
Dmg: 14-18 ---- 20 - 23
HP: 100 ----- 125

Gaialisk/Chronolisk

At: 27 ------- 32
Def: 25 ----- 35 (chronolisks' skin defense bonus; could be extra defense or an ability diminishing damage suffered.)
Speed: 4 ---- 6
Init: 9 ------- 13
HP: 200 ----- 240

Feel free to change this (i have a quirky way of balancing units :D ). Hope it helps (at the very least you may find a way to finish tweaking the balance :) ).

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 11 Dec 2006, 06:58

that will make it quite Init high I would think

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 11 Dec 2006, 06:59

Those are perfect, and the chronolisk skin offers a bit of both (defense and damage reduction). Only 10% extra damage reduction, but hey every little helps. Now...the biggy, Time Skip.

A lot of people may find this too powerful or too strange but here it is.

Time skip allows the chronolisk to enter a place of null time. This enables the chronolisk to exsist outside of combat for 2 turns. During these turns it can not be targeted or attack. Spells like armeggeddon do not effect it at all, nor do any benifical spells (or other harmful) spells. When entering back into 'real time' it gets an attack, then immediately gets to attack again. The first can not be retaled against, but they second can. They then suffer a loss of 25% of their current health. It is both a good and bad thing. If they are the only remaining stack for the hero they return automatically, but do not get the extra attacks or take the damage.

This would allow you to Time Skip the Chronolisk, cast armeggeddon, and even if both sides were totally destroyed the chronolisk would emerge safe and sound and only loose 1/4th of their number. This is always rounded up; however so if only 1 is left it parishes.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 11 Dec 2006, 07:08

Mytical said:
Those are perfect, and the chronolisk skin offers a bit of both (defense and damage reduction). Only 10% extra damage reduction, but hey every little helps. Now...the biggy, Time Skip.

A lot of people may find this too powerful or too strange but here it is.

Time skip allows the chronolisk to enter a place of null time. This enables the chronolisk to exsist outside of combat for 2 turns. During these turns it can not be targeted or attack. Spells like armeggeddon do not effect it at all, nor do any benifical spells (or other harmful) spells. When entering back into 'real time' it gets an attack, then immediately gets to attack again. The first can not be retaled against, but they second can. They then suffer a loss of 25% of their current health. It is both a good and bad thing. If they are the only remaining stack for the hero they return automatically, but do not get the extra attacks or take the damage.

This would allow you to Time Skip the Chronolisk, cast armeggeddon, and even if both sides were totally destroyed the chronolisk would emerge safe and sound and only loose 1/4th of their number. This is always rounded up; however so if only 1 is left it parishes.
Strange? Yes...very strange indeed. But I think it is really cool (very original and interesting) :D.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 Dec 2006, 16:37

Loosing its initiative sounds better to me than loosing its health.

Return to “Campfire”