RPG Signup

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Sep 2006, 14:52

Mytical wrote:Think of the gods like Zues, Hades, Hera, ect of the greek,roman,norse mythos.
Ur kidding right?! Those guys interfered in everything....
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 15 Sep 2006, 16:11

Can my character worship a God of her own making? Idol-worship if you want it; the character I have in mind came from my own fantasies and she has quite a fixed personality already (and she worships a fellow human :)).

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 15 Sep 2006, 16:34

No I am not using zeus, ect. I am using OA ect that I mentioned earlier :).
Oh and you can worship anybody, anything you see fit. That doesn't mean that they will be 'real' hehe. So don't expect things like spells, ect from them. Anyhow, hope that about covers everything.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Sep 2006, 16:53

@Banedon

For example you may worship me, but it won't help you any little. (Just like in real life :tongue: )

I'll have a longer shelf life.
--Robert Carlyle

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 15 Sep 2006, 17:13

I've come up with a name for my fighter. He shall be:

Zyvran Dhoshlin
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 15 Sep 2006, 18:22

Mystical,

To clairfy, you need class, race, stats, feats, and deities right? And for stats, how many points do we get and what rule system are we following for stat allocation? I'm thinking of creating a paladin, so I need to know the finer points of the rpg.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 15 Sep 2006, 18:28

What I did for stats was how NWN does it. I started them all at 8. I have 30 points for distribution. 9-14 cost 1 point each. 15 and 16 cost 2 points. 17 and 18 cost 3 points.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 15 Sep 2006, 18:31

Gotcha. Maybe I'll attempt to pull out NWN and review my paladin build. Gotta love those saving throws.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 15 Sep 2006, 18:56

May want to bump your non-18 stats by 2, starting at 10 not 8. (and so gives you a little more points. :). Gods are only really important to clerical/paladin characters. So you don't have to use them if you are not one of these 2. Humans have 18 max stats, but some races have higher max stats.

Elves depends on type, but generally int and/or dex is higher then humans. They can max out at 19 starting

Dwarves - regular has higher str and the dark dwarfs get max 19 int.

half-orc also has a max 19 str.

Gnome int and dex can max at 19

ect..a Fighter can also go to 18/00 str even if human (paladin, monk, ranger, fighter). Takes 1 extra point to go from 18 to 18/33 then another to go to 18/66 and finally a 3rd to get to 18/00. IF you go to 19 it takes yet another point.

Hehe this is going to be fun to keep up with.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 15 Sep 2006, 19:04

For a paladin, is the charisma requirement still going to be 18? If so, that'll make things tricky.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Sep 2006, 19:07

I really prefer the "spells come from just having faith" cleric myself... Oh well, i'm a Monk, so it doesn't really affect me.

Oh, and here's alist of the aligments for those that don't know them. My Monk is Lawful Neutral and going by a personal code.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Sep 2006, 19:09

Arent those actually 2nd eddition rules?In 3.5,max is 20(+2,-2 on stats for races),and there is no percent part of strenght.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 15 Sep 2006, 21:27

My character with feat modifications and added information.

Name: Zarvyx Dhoshlin

Race: Human

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Religion: None

Stats:
Str 18
Dex 14
Con 16
Wis 10
Int 14
Cha 10

Feats:
Weapon Focus: Falchion
Endurance
Diehard

Skill points that I place:
Jump: 4
Swim: 4
Climb: 4
Ride: 4
Intimidate: 4

Languages:
Common
Aquan
Auran

Items:
Falchion, at least

Edit: this is using D&D player handbook 3.5 and NWN.
Edit 2: And Monday would be fine with me.
Last edited by Sir William S Titan on 29 Sep 2006, 20:43, edited 2 times in total.
Signature:

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 15 Sep 2006, 23:48

Omega_Destroyer wrote:For a paladin, is the charisma requirement still going to be 18? If so, that'll make things tricky.
Cha min for paladin is 16.

@TT clerics do get spells only by faith. So rest easy there

@DL well there are higher stats then the 19, up to 25 I believe is the maximum. To be honest I've never played beyond 2nd addition (little after my d & d time). However, stats above 18 (19 for some) are not obtained easily. You don't get stats per level like in NWN or such, you get them from magic (like wishes), magical items, hard work, and or extrodenary circumstances.

Now for those of you not wishing to go into as much depth as Titan above you are not required to (makes my job a little easier, but not neccessary). All you really need is a race and class, I can handle the rest.

Now I am going to do the list of what I have so far...and still no stefan?? hmm wonder what happened to him.

Gnome Illusionist, Human Monk, High Elf Monk, Something rogue (don't have a clue what a Tiefmar is hehe), Human Fighter....and stefan still undecided (MIA)

Hope that make everything clear as mud. As I said, you do not have to worry about the technical stuff unless you WANT to

Now I am also going to cover extrodenairy creatures. Everybody knows that a creature like oh say an orc, is mostly no threat one-on-one. This was the way D&D handled it. You faced 1 million orcs, they would all be the same. Well not me. Like you all, there are creatures that are a cut above the rest. Call them champions, call them heroes, call them freaks of nature. Doesn't matter what you call them, they are a little more dangerous then there normal kin.

Some because of what I term, well balanced equipment. There sword is perfect balance for them, there armor fits them just right, ect. This is no benifit to the characters if they kill them, for it was right for that creature only (though of course the items can be sold at normal prices).

Some actually have aquired a magic item, though of course they don't know it. They believe it is because of their own skill, str, ect. If identified as such, the characters can indeed benifit from it.

Some actually are indeed stronger then the rest of their kin. This benifits the group by extra exp when they are finally taken down.

So if you find yourself against a foe that you should have defeated turns ago, but are having difficulty it could be any of the above. Or it could be lousy rolling.....

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Sep 2006, 00:05

And you forgot about my elven necro,again :(

In 3.5 rule you get +2 and -2 for a race,so its easy to have a starting 20 con dwarf,or 20 dex elf.And the max for a stat has been increased to 45.Oh,and please dont use percentages for strenght.I always hated strenght being favoured over other skills.Its wrong.

Also,orcs would actually kill other races of their level 1 on 1,but its orcish armies that are weak,not orcs themselves.This is because they arent organized.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Sep 2006, 00:46

Mytical wrote: @TT clerics do get spells only by faith. So rest easy there
I meant faith without requiring a god, they could even belive in a clown-sock puppet and get spells as long as they're sincere in their faith (read: completly insane).

Here's a char chart for those that feel the need:

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 16 Sep 2006, 01:45

Thanks for that TT :). For those of you not familiar with this don't let that spook you, I am not going to overcomplicate things. It would be near impossible to keep track of everything. Things like feats, skills, stats, hp, and such can get be a lot to take into consideration. That being said, I will take everything into consideration for the game, but if i miss/skip something don't fret. It was to simplify things. Now for spell casters like oh say DL. To start you have access to all the 1st level spells in any but your opposite schools, including the 0 level spells too. Your teacher was generous and let you copy all his/her basic spells down before booting you out the door. Remeber you can only cast one a day, but now you get a wide selection to start with. Oh and don't forget you automatically get bonus necro (or illusion if you are an illusionist) that you can cast every day. Anybody remember what opposite schools for necro/illusion btw? Been awhile :). Think Necro like abjuration, and illusion evocation?? could be wrong.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 16 Sep 2006, 01:50

Ok, here's my paladin Mystical.

Sir Omega
Human
Paladin
Lawful Good
Tyr

Strength- 14
Dexterity- 10
Constitution- 14
Intelligence- 10
Wisdom- 12
Charisma- 16

Skills- Diplomacy
Feats- Cleave, Power Attack, Weapon focus- Great Sword

That's my character for now. If there are any problems, let me know.
Last edited by Omega_Destroyer on 16 Sep 2006, 02:00, edited 1 time in total.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 16 Sep 2006, 01:57

Well we actually got somebody who can heal finally. Just a word to all, unless you find a healer who is also a 'merc' then you going to have a little hard time with out many healers :). Anyhow, if no healers sign up, I may through in an npc healer just to make things interesting. Thinking about putting a 'people of note' here. People that are so famous that even if you are from the middle of the Elven forest, and nobody has been arround for years, the characters have heard of. May never actually run into them, but they've heard of them at least.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 16 Sep 2006, 02:03

Actually, we have enough fighters for now, so scrap the Paladin idea. I'll make a cleric

Saint Nick
Cleric
Human
Lathander
Neutral Good

Strength- 14
Dexterity- 10
Constitution- 14
Intelligence- 10
Wisdom- 16
Charisma- 12

Feats- Combat Casting, Extra Turning, Weapon Focus- Mace