RPG Signup

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 14 Sep 2006, 15:17

Might as well declare my stats now...

Strength: 8
Dexterity: 14
Constitution: 14
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom: 8
Charisma: 18
Feats: Combat Casting, Spell Penetration or whatever (not important)
Spells: Burning Hands, Identify, Ray of Frost

I input this so many times into Neverwinter Nights that I have no problems remembering, even now :) Not much idea of the exact choice for spells and feats, but those should be it.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Sep 2006, 15:22

vhilhu wrote: 1) as a cleric, have i got absolutely no use of intelligence?

2) what does "saves" mean (when refferring to stats)
1) Int affects the # of skill points you get each lvl, so it isn't useless no matter ur class. For the Cleric it's:
Skill Points at 1st Level
(2 + Int modifier) ×4.
Skill Points at Each Additional Level
2 + Int modifier.
2) Those values are added to your dice roll for resisting certain effects:
Saving Throws

Generally, when you are subject to an unusual or magical attack, you get a saving throw to avoid or reduce the effect. Like an attack roll, a saving throw is a d20 roll plus a bonus based on your class, level, and an ability score. Your saving throw modifier is:

Base save bonus + ability modifier

Saving Throw Types

The three different kinds of saving throws are Fortitude, Reflex, and Will:

Fortitude

These saves measure your ability to stand up to physical punishment or attacks against your vitality and health. Apply your Constitution modifier to your Fortitude saving throws.

Reflex

These saves test your ability to dodge area attacks. Apply your Dexterity modifier to your Reflex saving throws.

Will

These saves reflect your resistance to mental influence as well as many magical effects. Apply your Wisdom modifier to your Will saving throws.

Saving Throw Difficulty Class

The DC for a save is determined by the attack itself.

Automatic Failures and Successes

A natural 1 (the d20 comes up 1) on a saving throw is always a failure (and may cause damage to exposed items; see Items Surviving after a Saving Throw). A natural 20 (the d20 comes up 20) is always a success.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Sep 2006, 17:00

ThunderTitan wrote: From what i read Clerics can chose 2 domains.
She already said that here youll be able to have just one domain:
Mytical wrote: Oh and btw sadly clerics have 1 domain here, and the domains may be a little different then listed. I will get into that now.
ThunderTitan wrote: Also, the Gnome Illusionist is named Leprechaun (his parents had a weird sense of humor or something) and DL want's to be a Human Necromancer.
Changed my mind.Too many humans.I was undecided about an elf and a gnome,but I remembered that TLD took gnome,so I went with elf.Not undecided anymore :D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Sep 2006, 17:10

Mytical wrote:Races : Drow, Duergar, Gold Elves (my own and can't choose class if you pick this before I send a message explaining a few things). High elf, Wood elf, Grey Elf, Gnome, Dwarf, Half-Orc

Classes: Fighter, Barbarian, Bard, Cleric (and the specialty clerics), Mage (and the specialty mages), Psionics, Thief (aka rogue), Druid, Monk. Think that about covers it.
So there's not half-elf anymore? Hum, I'll have to change my option.

Now, and I hope it won't change :devil: , I'll have a Half-orc Bard. :lol: Kidding.

I'll be a High Elf Monk. Whatever it means.
The name is Erufar Netheleth.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 14 Sep 2006, 20:51

Character Name: Milla's Love-slave
Base Class: Rogue
Race: Tiefmar (Aasimar and Tiefling Mix)
Dominant trait: Dexterity (cause that's what momma likes!)

Bonus / Switches
+2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, -4 Constitution
Acid, cold, fire and electricity resistance 5.
Darkvision up to 60 feet.
+2 racial bonus to bluff, hide, listen and spot checks

Toys - er - Weapons and Stuff
Whips
Mask
Cape
Handcuffs
lock-pick
Candles (wax)
Firestarter kit
Feathers (Aasimar influence)
Rope
Leather

About Milla's Loveslave:

Born to a naughty teifling mother by the name of Scarlett, this nameless child had been tainted evil at birth. The odd and saving grace of the child was that his mother was so naughty that she had seduced an assimar by the name Goldenspit.

Unfortunately for Goldenspit, Scarlett also had a tendency to imprison her conquests for later pleasure. This pleasure led to many wonderful nights for Scarlett but not so for Goldenspit. Over time though, Goldenspit's charm and silver eyes wooed Scarlett into freeing him.

The child grew enslaved from birth and spent much time as a toddler with Goldenspit in Sarlett's lair. As a young boy, mischievous games of hide, seek and chase (mostly to escape whippings) grew into fiendish hunts and raw displays of dexterity and acrobatics as the child grew more skilled with each passing day.

On the day of Goldenspit's freedom the boy escaped (rather easily) to want away with Goldenspit but returned months later and broke back into the lair to return to his mother.

By the age the boy easily out-skilled his mother, Scarlett freed the child to the world. Those next years were quite adventurous to the boy without a name. Finding your way as a freeman when you were born to be a slave is not enjoyable. The boy became a master thief, or as master as one could be at his age.

It was only when the boy began to follow the Slayer when everything came into focus. As the boy became a young man he felt drawn to Milla. At first she never knew since he could hide emotions as well as himself. It was only she "captured" him as he was stealing from her that their relationship began to blossom.

From that day forward Milla called him slave. And slave for her he did. Every evening he was "forced" to prepare her bath and bed. Every morning he was "forced" to dress and feed her. And slave for her he did.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Sep 2006, 20:56

:lolu: :lolu: :lolu:

gravyluvr,did you consider taking over the writing of RTN :devious:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Sep 2006, 21:05

Now that's some roleplaying.... the kind that leaves scars.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 14 Sep 2006, 21:06

gravyluvr wrote:Character Name: Milla's Love-slave

Handcuffs
Not sure if that was serious or not (call me dense), but if so what are handcuffs? You mean Shackles?? Which thanks to you allows me to bring up another subject. :) (thanks again hehe)

Modern things and knowledge in this campain. ABSOLUTELY no way. I don't care if in your 'mundane' life you are a chemist for a goverment agency and can create gunpowder blindfolded while hanging upside down juggling flaming torches. There are things charcters will not, can not, and shall not know about. Things like gunpowder, guns, ect will not be brought into the game under any guise. And even if it somehow was the characters would be baffled about what the heck it was. Imagine somebody from the prehistoric age confronted by a plane *giggles*. Most likely they would try to club it to death hehe. Anyhow thanks again for bringing this up so I could make sure people are aware of this!!!
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Sep 2006, 21:12

Mytical wrote: Modern things and knowledge in this campain. ABSOLUTELY no way. I don't care if in your 'mundane' life you are a chemist for a goverment agency and can create gunpowder blindfolded while hanging upside down juggling flaming torches.
I didnt know Corribus signed as well :|

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Sep 2006, 21:12

what are handcuffs?
Handcufs are those things policeman put on you.... and other ppl use for naughty bedroom time. :devil: So basicaly modern shackles....
Modern things and knowledge in this campain.
Perversion is eternal....

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 14 Sep 2006, 21:38

Alright. I'm starting out as a human fighter. Mystical has all the specs, so far, for him.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 14 Sep 2006, 22:01

Tommorrow marks the 1 week anniversary of signups. Stefan, did I miss something or are you still undecided (if i missed something I am sorry, trying to keep track of everything is a little occupying..in a good way). Anyhow, now that leaves 1 week for signups, but here is the question for those who signed up. We can begin this monday, leaving the signup until friday, at which time signup's will be closed officially (then PM's must be sent to me for signups) and the signup thread will be closed. I am sorry this is taking so long, but I wanted to make sure we were all on the same page. Which leads me to how this will work and the rules.

For present I am using a mixmash of Shadowrun/D & D ruleset (which makes it easier for ME). Now for those new to this this is how the game works (and I will also get into gods in this, sit back this is going to be a LONG post). I will basically be telling a story, of which you play one of the main characters. Just because you are one of the Main Characters don't feel this means you can not/will not die. Whenever you get into a situation (like fighting, bartering, and many other such things) you decide what you TRY to do. I (and my dice) decide if it is successful. I don't want any "I swing my sword and decapatate an enemy" postings. Feel free to post "I swing my sword and TRY to decapate", but I will let you know if that is indeed what happens. This leads to critical misses/critical hits. A critical miss means you don't even come close to doing what you tried to do, and can mean you can hurt yourself, or even a friend by accident. These are very rare, but can happen. So if throw yourself at an enemy and bowl over some of your friends, don't blame me. However, critical successes mean you do something above and beyond what you tried to do. Not only did you hit monster x, you hit it so hard it did double damage, or knocked it into its allies, or over a cliff, ect..
these are as rare as critical misses. And it doesn't matter if your level 1 or 36 (the max level) critical misses and hits both come just as often. They are 'special' circumstances.

Keep in mind there is things your character can know, and things it can't. If somebody has a conversation in front of you, you can know what they talk about. If they are a mile away you won't have a clue, and if you try to act on the information I won't even bother rolling, it will be automatic failure. For example. Character A learns there is a ungarded treasure in a cave close by, character B even though he is nowhere near where the conversation took place tries to rush and claim this treasure before A gets there. Not only will they not find the treasure, but there might be a nasty suprise waiting where they THOUGHT the treasure was.

Your character has strengths and weaknesses. Casters (such as illusionist, sorcerers, ect) arn't very tough and can't wear armor. Pure fighters wouldn't know how to cast a spell if the details were branded on there hand. Fighters should be up front, casters in the back. Clerics (priests) are special circumstances. Though not as tough or battle savy as fighters, they can hold there own in a fight. Since they get there 'spells' from a divine source they can use armor and blunt (except chaos and war priests which can used edge {war priest are much better at that}) Some priest have even exceeded fighters in ability to fight do to the fact they can heal themselves. Druids have more limitations (like only using leather armor) but also get powers not available to most clerics. The most notable of which is....shapechange. A high level druid can be a powerful ally, or a powerful enemy. All in all though they pretty much balance out in the end.

Gods. I am using some different mythos here, but that is because it has been a long time, and I don't remember which goes with which. Here is the list of gods. Since the names of certain deities are 'protected' I have changed the names, but will describe them :).

OA - Overgod, the head honcho, the big cheese. The Guy who says jump and the other gods say how high (EVIL or GOOD). Doesn't give priest or paladin spells, but hey worship him if ya want (if you are these classes you just wont have access to any spells is all, or any other specials normally available).

Paladus - God of paladins, Light, Good, Chivalry, Order. Mostly chosen by paladins as there primary god. Second most powerful diety there is, and the one more powerful is not able to be chosen as a diety for clerics, paladins, ect.

Thamus - God of Death Knights (NOT A PLAYABLE CLASS), darkness, evil, and chaos. One of the chaos gods, but this one is for chaotic evil priests only.

(to be cont still changing some names lol) btw anybody want to guess who these are??? lol
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 14 Sep 2006, 22:35

Mytical wrote:
gravyluvr wrote:Character Name: Milla's Love-slave

Handcuffs
Not sure if that was serious or not (call me dense), but if so what are handcuffs? You mean Shackles?? Which thanks to you allows me to bring up another subject. :) (thanks again hehe)
By handcuffs, I was obviously not refering to the post 1862 version. I meant the gameplay equivelant. If they be shackles, they be shackles. I do prefer either swivel manacle or shackbold.

My madame has referred to me as Snakesword as well however she prefers boy, slave and dontstop.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 14 Sep 2006, 23:43

Ok :) Now your madame will only do a cameo as you seperate from her to go about the adventure, but otherwise I personally have no problem with this :). And also keep in mind to keep the game clean *giggles*. Anyhow, anybody made up there mind if we are starting monday?

Oh and sorry for the delay about the PM about your characters. Before I start sending them out, those who already know how to do this please send me a PM so I don't need to send one out to you :). Thanks :)

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 15 Sep 2006, 03:10

Mytical wrote:Gods. I am using some different mythos here, but that is because it has been a long time, and I don't remember which goes with which. Here is the list of gods. Since the names of certain deities are 'protected' I have changed the names, but will describe them :).
Gods = Mods ? :gong:

We get to fight the Mods?!?

I'm in!

The bosses...

Halak. The summoner.
Tipslegna. The Ogre Lord.
Ethril. The Necromancer
Ladiag Niac. The Tiny Swordsman
Telamr Erikna. The spirit.

Add more!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Sep 2006, 04:47

Uhh,so Im a follower of Ethril(like the huge amount of my posts doesnt already say that :devious: )

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 15 Sep 2006, 11:37

DaemianLucifer wrote:Uhh,so Im a follower of Ethril(like the huge amount of my posts doesnt already say that :devious: )
You see, I don't know if it's just me, but I see only 4. Yesterday it was 31-38. What is happening with you? :devil:

BTW, a question:
These stats are valid? I mean, I'll have to dig up all those links to know what I'll have to design for my character? I had no time for that until now, then I'm a bit confused.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Sep 2006, 11:53

Panda Tar wrote: You see, I don't know if it's just me, but I see only 4. Yesterday it was 31-38. What is happening with you? :devil:
Its just an illusion to sway people into thinking Im harmless :devious:
Panda Tar wrote: BTW, a question:
These stats are valid? I mean, I'll have to dig up all those links to know what I'll have to design for my character? I had no time for that until now, then I'm a bit confused.
Mytical said that she will use a system thats a blend of two systems,thus it is known completely only by her.So all you have to do is role play your character,and not worry yourself about technical details.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 15 Sep 2006, 12:08

gods? NO CTHULHU?

darn.

my name on this forum Vhilhu is even made up of Cthulhu+Villu(my real nickname, but Vhilhu sounds so much more sinister, booo!)

Cthulhu(HP Lovecraft Mythos) or Yog-Sothoth(also HP) or Woodsie Lord(Thief) - i really NEED one of these! i mean im not really a good and evil fan. something in-between seems better.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 15 Sep 2006, 14:28

Cthulhu is not trademarked that I know (as some of the gods I modified were). And gods don't = mods hehe. The 'gods' are beings of higher power that 'usually' don't step into the mortal realm. Instead they use there priests, ect to do there work here. Think of the gods like Zues, Hades, Hera, ect of the greek,roman,norse mythos. So, the suggestions made are fine with me. Keep in mind the three I mentioned and add Cthulhu and the suggestions made and I am good to go. Was going to use forgotten realms gods mixed with a few others but it all good.

Return to “Campfire”