Lady Mystical's tales of the Dimensions

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Sep 2006, 02:45

stefan.urlus wrote:that would work better, especially since an all-knowing god should know what omnipotent means!!! :D
I work in strange and misterious ways :devious: :devil: Anyhow,enough of that.Lets see what Mytical has to offer next?

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Sep 2006, 02:57

strange to say the least
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 13 Sep 2006, 05:40

Might as well keep calling me Mist for short :tonguehands: . Anywho, time to start my next story. And like most, I learned a lesson in this one as well. In this incarnation I was a male. A 6'6" tall male with really dark skin, and a blind fighter (I was actually blind :) ).

I was a cousin to royalty. Not only did they admit this, but they embraced me more like a brother. They let me work with the best blind fighting masters in all the land, and soon I was able enough to go on adventures with them. Over the next few years, we became powerful, and even a little feared. Some even claimed we were on the path to godhood, and indeed we had started the 'trials' that if successful would make us into 'powers'. My cousins were humble and never showed off or abused there gifts. Me, I was down right a beast. Maybe it was that before I learned I was royalty I lived a hard life. Maybe it was the fact that I had been blind my whole life. I don't know, but I was taking it out on people who were innocent of this.

Time passed and I neared the final step between mortality and immortality. Already I had a swagger in my walk, and people parted far when I walked down the street. Most believed I would be in the 'evil' side or at least battle or war. My brothers had already passed there tests, and I was the last to be tested. I approached the testing area, struting like a rooster. Nothing could stop me this day, it was my destiny.

Perhaps I should have realized things were wrong when I entered the testing place. Instead of my sponser (which indeed had been war), the overpower (I believe it was AO at the time) was there to test me. I was too sure of myself to be concerned with this though.

The task he set me seemed too easy. I was to go to the center of the arena and pick up a cart over my head. I had enormous strength, so this would be easy. On my way to the center, out of the corner of my eye. I spotted a child. This child was laying down, and seemed injured. Of course I ignored this and did the task set before me.

AO appeared again and congradulated me on my success. I was made into an immortal, as promised, but he refused to make me a god. I grew angry and demanded an explination. I had completed his task, he had no right to deny me. Patiently he explained that as a mortal my heart was too hard, and until I had proven my worth as an immortal, he would not allow me to become a god. Since he decided who and who did not become a god, good or evil, his refusal meant that no matter what, I would be stuck until something changed. I snapped...and did the most foolish thing anybody, immortal or otherwise, could ever do. I attacked him. Of course he easily contained me, but now he was angry.

"I will not just blast you out of existance, that would be far too easy. Instead I am going to give you what you want, but in my own way. From this day forward you will have POWER, and you will be unkillable. In time you will curse the very thing you sought! Until your lesson is learned you will walk the lands, forever if need be. Your eyes have been closed for a long time, so I also open them. You will always see things as they truely are, no matter how horrible or good."

With that he vanished. For a long time I thought I had won, I thought I had what I had wanted. Unkillable, unstoppable, even the gods could do me no harm. Nobody could hide from me, or trick me, my eyes seen everything. Except there was a huge price to pay. Every full moon my eyes started glowing, and any who looked me in the eyes turned to ashes immediately. There was also the fact that nobody would have any dealings with me, they fled at the mere mention I was in the area. After so long you get tired, and you get weary. I began to curse the very thing I sought. My hard heart softened, and soon I was seeking out people to do good deeds for them. This was the last time I was a truely dark person...inside. My next incarnations were neutral, and finally good. My leason had been learned. Power, without somebody or something to share it with, is hollow. Hurting others just for self enjoyment is not worth it in the end.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 16 Sep 2006, 09:15

Gather round my lovelies for yet another of Lady Mystical's Tales. After my run in with the powers, I traveled back and decided to stay myself for a bit. I had learned much, and now I wanted to use this knowledge. I guess this is what you call my neutral stage, I was nolonger mad at the world, but I deffinately wanted to profit off of it.

I became a sword for hire. Rangers are rare in the sword for higher area, but as I was Neutral good, it was within boundries. It didn't take long before I was hired out to a minor nobel who was having trouble with his neighbor. Another nobel was making a land grab, and didn't care who's land he grabbed. So I took up the cause, and decided to get to work immediately. I gathered some of his other hirelings and set off to scout the enemy. Learning weaknesses was a very important strategy. Not long after I had learned what I needed to know. He had done an admiral job of raising a large number of troops, but they were poorly organized right now. Of course the troops under the nobel I worked for was not in much better shape.

Working long into the night, I developed a plan to make his unorganized mob work for us, not against us. We were deffinately outnumbered, and unless something changed even my help would not win the day. So we started doing some ... questionable tactics. I admit it was sneaky and underhanded, and believe me I paid after (that is entirely another story). We did things like take things and place it in another persons possessions. Use rocks and stuff to hit people, making it seem somebody else near them did the deed instead. Basically creating the illusion that nobody in the camp could trust anybody else. Soon we were able to just sit and watch.

In no time they turned on each other (as swords for hires are a tempermental bunch) and disputes turned to fights, which turned to out and out chaos. My job was done for the night, by the time they restored order dozens would be dead and more wounded. Time to head back to our camp. The journey back was uneventful, and days passed of pretty much the same routine. By day guarding the castle, by night causing as much mischief as possible. Good thing I didn't need much sleep. Soon; however, the other side had gotten some discipline, and it became to dangerous for the gains. Well..there are other ways of causing them pain.

Traps galore we placed right under their noses. Big ones, little ones, harmless ones, deadly ones, and ones that actually did nothing. Only a few, after the first went off they would spend worthless hours scouring for something that didn't exist..which was fine by us. Make em paranoid also, since we did this right under the sentries noses.

That didn't last long, and now things were beginning to heat up. War was brewing, and our little town was the target. Now I won't bother with the details of the actual battle, because to be honest it was the most rediculous battle I ever was in. The guys that our enemy hired must have been the rawest recruits on the face of the planet. They charged straight into the line of fire of our archers, fell into pits that a blind person could have seen, and generally were target practice the whole time. Our would be attacker withdrew with heavy casualties and not a single death on our side. But that got me to wondering...

See a would be conquerer would not have such pathetic troops under his command. They would rule with an iron fist, and discipline would be a top priority. So I snuck out that night alone, found one of the guards and .... questioned them. I learned something very interesting. The province we were hired for was actually part of a much bigger empire. It was the empire that was the aggressor, not his kingdom. Of course I didn't believe at first, but I had methods which made people tell the truth..and believe me he was telling the truth. Now I had a much bigger concern. I had been teaching my comrades all my tricks. They would know how to counter all my little sabotage and also be after me soon enough. I was not scared..they could not best me by any means. Still I had to get in and at least get rid of the person who duped me.

And get in I did. This was the 2nd time I died...the person who hired me was a shapeshifter, and a strong one at that. I died rather quickly and painfully. This led to yet another lesson. Not everything is as it seems.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 19 Sep 2006, 17:19

Keep up the good work Mythical :)

I ti isto DL (ili kako se već zoveš).

And here is my short story about... a wolf?! What hell is happening to me:

Hunter becomes hunted

He woke when the sky was dark, when owls howled and when moon was high. He felt it. He could taste meet of a deer nearby. So he standed and started following the smell of the new meat. Water started coming from his jaws. How long didn't he eat? Did hours pass. Or days? Not important.- The only important thing is that that there is meat nearby. A fine meat to be sure.

And then he saw it. He saw that what he wanted to see. A deer, a big deer, to be sure. It ate grass and seemed tired.

The beast started sneaking to eat to fetch it with its jaws. It was near and deer didn't see anything. Stupid food. He prepared for the jump and... a arrow hit into the deer. And deer died. Another arrow hit, but this time near the beast.

Beast could smell the stench of the human. They all stink. And their meat is not tasty. But they were dangerous so the beast started running...

I'LL NEED TO THINK OF THE RERST OF THE STORY
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Sep 2006, 17:48

Sauron wrote: I ti isto DL (ili kako se već zoveš).
Gladly,but I have a gods blockade :devil: Cant think of anything good to write right now.But I will talk to you all how I survived the armagedon.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 20 Sep 2006, 01:46

Gladly,but I have a gods blockade Cant think of anything good to write right now.But I will talk to you all how I survived the armagedon.
cause nival nerfed that as well??

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Sep 2006, 02:25

:lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: Nah,this was way before nival even came to power.It was quite a devastating armagedon though.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 20 Sep 2006, 02:27

I thought you mighta liked that one

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 20 Sep 2006, 20:47

Don't fret will start the storys up again this friday and have at least one a week :). I hope you all do enjoy them. Sorry about all the 'lessons' but I think they are good stories :).

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 21 Sep 2006, 01:03

nah, the lessons form part of the story, it's all good

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 22 Sep 2006, 10:05

Dawn, I never thought I would see another. Dawn is a beautiful time, full of promise and hope. Dawn means that you have seen another day blossum into being. A lot of people don't appreciate the dawn, but somebody like me...dawn is the best time of day. I've lived in darkness for the past few ...days, weeks, years?? It is hard to tell. You see the person who ...made me..had a very very hard time for awhile. After that, I was well to put it politely, evil. Darkness was my home.

It was just after I came into being that I was thrust into the darkness. I lied, cheated, killed without thought or compassion. Me personally, I didn't like it, but I had to do what the person who made me told me too. Then something changed..it took awhile, but soon I started to see a change in myself. I wasn't so dark, and the place I was wasn't so dark either. Time passed, and it lightened some more. Then more again. Soon...I seen the first dawn I have in a long time. I met somebody, somebody special, and for the first time..my heart was whole. Not undamaged, but whole.

The person who created this person and my creator were friends, and we became fast friends also. We went everywhere together, and did everything together. Sorry friends, I can not tell you all we did. Would take years, and some of it would not be fit for some ears. We helped people, rescued people, and I myself was rescued. Eventually we parted ways, and it did hurt. But then I remembered the dawn, and I smiled again. We may be apart but we always will have the dawn. Yes..we will always have the dawn.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 23 Sep 2006, 09:44

Greetings all, I am Tamous Silverleaf. Please come in and make yourself comfortable. I appologize for the lack of ammenities, one such as I has little use of material wealth. A monk you ask? No, I personally have not even met one of those good fellows. Oh goodness no, my tale is not about myself, but one I once taught the ways of Paladine.

I found her half frozen and mostly dead in the snow that frequents this part of the world. Yes, please warm yourself, it is a difficult journey up here at the best of times. Now where was I? Ah yes, the slip of a girl I found in the snow. She had forgotten her name, and much of her past. We settled on the name Amy Whitehand, for she had one hand that was whiter then the snow I found her in. No we never did find her real name, but perhaps it was for the best. Paladine does move in mysterious ways.

As cold and hungry as she was when I found her, her spirit was hungrier still and maybe even colder. Still, it is not for me to judge, so I helped her as I could. It took a long time, I assure you, to help fill that gaping void in her spirit. Once filled; however, she was a very apt study in the ways of the Cleric. Oh yes, I am a cleric, but just a humble person who spreads Paladine's word. She was something ... different. Her powers soon far exceeded mine, Paladine had indeed blessed her. She seemed to have a gift for healing, and even could heal without praying by touching somebody with that hand of hers. Seemed to be something akin to a paladin's lay on hands, as it could only be done once a day. Apon my honor and by my oath, I have seen her heal the dead however. No sign of the weakness usually associated with such after either.

She paid a price for this gift, and a painful one at that. Each person she healed she took there pain and suffering into her. Imagine what it feels like to be dead, she had to live through that when she healed with her hand. It wasnt just the physical wounds either, but the emotional ones. Yet she never balked at healing somebody, nor did she turn any away. Some weeks she would not sleep at all, only her faith keeping her going.

For years we worked together, but I knew it would not last. Hers was a wild spirit, and my simple life was not for her. She also needed companions her own age. Why thank you, I have been told I am youthful looking, but I assure you I have lived longer then some elves. Paladine has been very generous to me, and must have something else for me to do before he calls me to his home. Ah yes the departure.

Soon she departed, and while I do not know all her trials and successes, I know of more then a few. The tale I am about to tell is when she was faced with a horrible choice. To heal somebody, or let them die. Now I know, what kind of a horrible choice is that? Did I not say she never turned any away? Well you see, the person she had this choice with had badly hurt a friend of hers. Would have killed this friend in a heartbeat and never lost even a seconds sleep over it.

Malfallus placed his hand softly on Amy's shoulder and whispered softly. "Amy, nobody will think worse of you if you do not heal him. Another hour and the choice will be made for you. Just walk away. Don't tear yourself up like this. It isn't right, not for the likes of him."

"Could you walk away? You serve Paladine just like I. Could you just walk away and think nothing of it?." Amy challenged.

Malfallus thought for a moment, pain in his eyes. "No. I couldn't. As much as I would love to, I could not. Even though he hurt Lass, and I would fight the gods themselves to protect her, I could not walk away. You are not me; however. You have never pledged to heal, you have been thrust on this, I chose this."

Amy sighed and fought back more tears. Malfallus was right, she knew he was. The person in the next room deserved death, and the more horrible and painful the better. She was the only one who could heal him right now, nobody else was powerful enough. The nearest who was was half a world away, and would never make it in time. "If only Lass was here, at least then I could ask her what she'd want. Me I'd want him to suffer, horribly, but I doubt she would."

"I know Lass, and she wouldn't. Even him. You have to choose, however. As unfair as it is, it is your choice."

Amy made her way into the room with the figure, burning up with the plague. Her and Malfallus didn't have to worry about catching it, both were protected from such. She stood there watching him slowly dieing, and removed her glove. "May the gods forgive me for this, and may you rot in whatever prison you will go to. It will be too good for you." She reached out and touched him, and drew the poison into herself.

The plague could not kill her, but for sometime after, she experienced it first hand. She was quarantined, and only Malfallus could visit her. The man was indeed imprisoned, and had a hard life. Sometimes the right thing to do is the hardest to do, but sometimes doing the right thing ...pays off in the end. My faith provents me from saying too much about the man's crime, except this. It is one of the worst crimes a man can do to a woman. You may stay as long as you like. I must pray for guidence. All are welcome here in my house.

The priest stands up and goes over to a corner to pray.

(Amy Whitehand was my first Lawful Good Priest attempt. She did not have the blood of a god, or anything like that, but she was indeed very unusual. Besides Mystical she may be my favorite of all time. The whitehand is common in my games now, either relatives or followers of the original. The original whitehand rarely shows up in stories, and if she does it is for momentous occasions. The priest who taught her did turn out to be Paladine himself (much much later), but she never would even have guessed at the time. She never found out her past, but there was hints she was a sellsword that had much blood on her hand.)
Last edited by Mytical on 23 Sep 2006, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 23 Sep 2006, 18:22

Great stories Mytical :)

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 25 Sep 2006, 00:56

still continuing well Myst .... and show me a sellsword without much blood on his/her hands, and I'll show you one likely to die quickly when the stoush starts :D

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 27 Sep 2006, 09:42

My next tell does not include me in any fashion, but does involve some of the people I ran arround with. Some of them got teleported into the distant future, one of them was a elf named Lucky Mcgraw (the luckiest mortal ever). They were trying to stop some war between the Federation (not the star-trek one tho) and a group of Venetians (these are scary indiviuals and were actually defeating the entire federation at the time). To stop the war they had to get some Uranians to Venus to take the fight to the Venetians..if they could capture the queen they could at least get both sides to a negotiating table. To do this though they had to fly through not 1, but 2 astroid belts.

Now, imagine people from the past, flying a spaceship. This was a very comical event. Needless to say they managed to pretty much destroy the navigation, and cause the ship to only be able to fly in reverse. So they blindfolded Lucky, and gave him the controls. Well he made it through both of them with luck..but that was when his 'luck' ran out. The ship crashed on Venus. Now they were all males and Venus is a society that treats men like cattle. So the hilarity insued with them trying to make it out of this alive and not somebody's 'property'. (tbc)

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 27 Sep 2006, 16:57

Venetians?! Those guys just want stop creating a economical empire? I see that Croatia will need to put an end to it :D (I'm not insulting citizens of Venice in any way)

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 27 Sep 2006, 22:27

Hehe wait till you figure out what the war was about (not economics). Yes that will be included when I can work on this, will have to put on hold for a bit :). Btw Venetians = people from Venus in this story. They are warrior like, Matriarch based society which has a queen and is ruled by females. Sort of Amazons on Steriods :).

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 Sep 2006, 01:43

Sort of Amazons on Steriods
i think i had a dream about that once ;)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Sep 2006, 01:56

stefan.urlus wrote: i think i had a dream about that once ;)
Somthing like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Women_in_the_Mood
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Campfire”